• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could be interesting;

https://twitter.com/hummel1923/status/1263077847868080128?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      I've held off on starting a thread for the next season as, well...who on Earth knows what will happen with it?

However, the dead cert worst shirt below has prompted me to get one going. I thought I had put it on the extended thread for 19/20 but it seems not. I am taking it as genuine given the amount of places I've seen it but hope for Man City's fans' sake it isn't :

https://twitter.com/footballcliches/status/1260168069638430720?s=21
      According to the manufacturers "the design intends to celebrate the mosaic graphics located around Manchester which feature iconic images related to the city.".

So it's actually a representation of local culture, essentially a symbol of bonding between the club and its supporters. Apart from being crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbo McGinnis View Post
        Top Football shirts are no longer football shirts, they’re fashion items for fashion shoots for knobby mags like Mundial and the like.

The City shirt is the wrong colour and the design is the worst I think I’ve seen. How someone has signed that off is beyond me.
        This, exactly. Don't blame Puma for this mess, it's a design that should have been thrown straight back at them. I am genuinely curious about who signs this off, though. Are players consulted? From the reaction of fans online I doubt that supporters were. Perhaps it's a decision for the club's marketing people alone? They've made a huge mess of this then. Even absolute diehards are saying they won't go near this. Quite right too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post

According to the manufacturers "the design intends to celebrate the mosaic graphics located around Manchester which feature iconic images related to the city.".

So it's actually a representation of local culture, essentially a symbol of bonding between the club and its supporters. Apart from being crap.
          Then why not commission the actual artist, who is a City fan (Mark Kennedy), to do something? Who knows he might put a bit more effort in than just doing a small area and saying sod it we'll tile it across...

Comment

I just thought he was a bit harsh on Mundial. They sent me a few issues free and there was a great article on badge-collecting.

Comment

Originally posted by matt j View Post
              I've just realized that the Man City shirt's pattern repeats. This makes it 1000 times worse. God damn you all to hell.
              Hadn't noticed that- yes, very unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post
                For such an otherwise plain kit, those Tranmere socks are way too busy.
                And you just know that every run of the mill (Barnsley) Puma sponsored kit is going to have the exact same template.

Anyway, if someone runs a Best Kit of 20/21 competition, then I wonder who will finish second to that Orient 3rd kit? It's almost as good as the Kelme cycling team.

Comment

Fuck Puma. Apartheid supporting cunts

Comment

If you thought the City home shirt was something - look at the change (I've not verified it by the way)

Comment

That shirt is amazing in so many different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by slackster View Post
                        Is that a first where a top player like Spurs player/Arsenal fan Harry Kane sponsors the shirts of another club? Albeit one he went on loan to early doors. Nice gesture, anyway. Plus the classic O's braces kit is a welcome return. And we don't have abetting company/Sun connection splashed over the front of our kit. so wine all round here.I'd

I don't mind the Man City "broken glass" design. But agree the blue should definitely be lighter.
                        When he was at Villa, Gary Parker used to sponsor the shirts of his hometown club Abingdon Town, when they were doing relatively well in the Isthmian league.

Cant remember what logo or wording was 9n the shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post

Anyway, if someone runs a Best Kit of 20/21 competition, then I wonder who will finish second to that Orient 3rd kit? It's almost as good as the Kelme cycling team.
                          The Orient third kit is a nice idea (and Kane's gesture is laudable) but the execution of it is pretty 'meh'.

The logos on all three Os kits are aesthetically unpleasant and I'm already thoroughly sick of the "Thank you NHS" stuff on shirts.

Comment

That Man City away kit pays homage to the paisley ties I wore in the late 80s

Comment

And the stained pond water microscope slides I prepared in the late 60s

Comment

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
                                That Man City away kit pays homage to the paisley ties I wore in the late 80s
                                Yep. When I was a youngster I inherited a matching shirt and tie in lilac paisley, late 60s vintage That’s what immediately sprang to mind.

Comment

I'm finding myself agreeing more with ursus' take - the pattern looks like a Petri dish full of amoebas.

Comment

That City shirt looks like the sort of thing middle aged blokes wear with bootcut jeans and brown shoes.

Comment

One of the reasons I doubt that Man City change kit is genuine is that it is more or less the same colours as the first shirt. When would they wear it?

I mean, completely redundant alternate kits aren't unheard of obviously but it gives me cause to doubt that it's real.

Comment

I think with the first shirt being a darker blue than usual, this may be just different enough to be able to wear it against teams in royal blue.

Comment

I think that Paisley away kit is an online joke but one that has gained traction by the dreadful home kit being genuine.

Comment

It’s supposed to be City’s 3rd kit, so they’d probably wear it somewhere like Burnley away.

Comment

Manchester United's supposed third kit is almost as troubling as City's Grampa's pajamas.

Comment

The away kit is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                                  I think that Paisley away kit is an online joke but one that has gained traction by the dreadful home kit being genuine.
                                                  That ties in with my suspicions, there's even a pink paisley version doing the rounds too.

The same may be the case with this Man Utd "dazzle ship" change that's circulating (cross-posted with G Man, I see) ;

https://twitter.com/thejonnyross/status/1242944886548168705?s=20

Comment

What the fuck is going on in Manchester? There must be some seriously strong acid doing the rounds there.
                                                    I'm just waiting on Oldham releasing a magic eye kit now.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X