Postponed Polyester? 20/21 (or maybe just '21) Kit Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postponed Polyester? 20/21 (or maybe just '21) Kit Gallery

I've held off on starting a thread for the next season as, well...who on Earth knows what will happen with it?

However, the dead cert worst shirt below has prompted me to get one going. I thought I had put it on the extended thread for 19/20 but it seems not. I am taking it as genuine given the amount of places I've seen it but hope for Man City's fans' sake it isn't :

https://twitter.com/footballcliches/status/1260168069638430720?s=21
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-05-2020, 13:34.

My word

It isn't even the proper shade of blue

Comment

Got to be a fake- designed by Heisenberg?

Comment

Orient are sponsored by Harry Kane.

https://www.leytonorient.com/2020/05...ess-whos-back/

Comment

Watford will be swapping Adidas for Kelme, signing a four-year deal. I believe we're the brand's first English football club (I hadn't heard of them prior to when rumours of this contract started to circulate).

I'm hoping their rather naff pawprint logo features as little as possible (it's not on the Espanyol kit this season). According to The Athletic the deal is worth 4-5 times the amount Adidas were paying, and there's a belief there'll a better chance to personalise the kits as well as being able to access Chinese markets etc. etc.
          Last edited by JM Footzee; 18-05-2020, 13:58.

Comment

Re: the Man City. I like it. It reflects the fracturing of society, caused by the complete breakdown of government in the protection of the very constituents from which power should truly be der....

Nah, it's trash. Blech.

Comment

Top Football shirts are no longer football shirts, they’re fashion items for fashion shoots for knobby mags like Mundial and the like.

The City shirt is the wrong colour and the design is the worst I think I’ve seen. How someone has signed that off is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
                Watford will be swapping Adidas for Kelme, signing a four-year deal. I believe we're the brand's first English football club (I hadn't heard of them prior to when rumours of this contract started to circulate).
                I've heard of Kelme and if you don't get a change / 3rd kit of white, green and blue stripes I will be sorely disappointed. (They also supplied Real Madrid for a period in the 1990s BTW)

Comment

In case anyone was wondering

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                    I've held off on starting a thread for the next season as, well...who on Earth knows what will happen with it?

However, the dead cert worst shirt below has prompted me to get one going. I thought I had put it on the extended thread for 19/20 but it seems not. I am taking it as genuine given the amount of places I've seen it but hope for Man City's fans' sake it isn't :

https://twitter.com/footballcliches/status/1260168069638430720?s=21
                    1993 called and said they don't want their shit back, fanks.

Comment

(Jwdd27 internal monologue) I quite like that Man City kit. I hope someone else comes out in favour of it so I can agree with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        In case anyone was wondering

I preferred the yellow trim version

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                          (Jwdd27 internal monologue) I quite like that Man City kit. I hope someone else comes out in favour of it so I can agree with them.
                          I do think it would work better if it was actually sky blue - the white wouldn't stand out so much.

Comment

Just to put it in the right thread - Man Utd's rumoured kit. Like City's it's been everywhere, so hard to believe it's not legit.

We also have Leyton Orient's - sponsored by Harry Kane. That white one is truly outstanding and I'd love it as a Cheltenham home kit:

Morecambe's centenary kits:

And finally - Tranmere's simplistic effort:

Comment

Is that a first where a top player like Spurs player/Arsenal fan Harry Kane sponsors the shirts of another club? Albeit one he went on loan to early doors. Nice gesture, anyway. Plus the classic O's braces kit is a welcome return. And we don't have abetting company/Sun connection splashed over the front of our kit. so wine all round here.I'd

I don't mind the Man City "broken glass" design. But agree the blue should definitely be lighter.

Comment

I want a pair of boots like Eddy Merckx’s.

Comment

The Man United one looks like the bus seats on the bus I used to get to college.

Comment

Was this inspired by a broken smartphone screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbo McGinnis View Post
                                      The Man United one looks like the bus seats on the bus I used to get to college.
                                      My first thought as well.

Comment

We did cover the supposedly leaked Man U shirt and seat cover comparison on the extended coda to "this" season's thread but good to have them on here too.

Patrick mentioned '93 (didn't he? I can't see the post now) with regard to the Man City shirt and I hadn't realised that it's like a strange merger of Coventry's 92/93 Ribero first and change kits

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 19-05-2020, 12:49.

Comment

I've just realized that the Man City shirt's pattern repeats. This makes it 1000 times worse. God damn you all to hell.

Comment

Didn't Norwich have the same Ribero template for a change shirt, but in purple? edit: found it

The white Leyton Orient shirt is great - why not have that reversed for the home shirt?

I'm wondering if those distinctive arm tattoos might be used to identify a Man Utd squad member and confirm the shirt as legit, although they could belong to a model who just looks 'footballery'.

and I'm with Sits re: Eddy Merckx's footwear.
                                            Last edited by andrew7610; 19-05-2020, 12:42.

Comment

I've ordered the Mind-sponsored Orient braces one like a ridiculously over-eager puppy. My first official kit purchase since 2002

Comment

For such an otherwise plain kit, those Tranmere socks are way too busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                                  We also have Leyton Orient's - sponsored by Harry Kane. That white one is truly outstanding and I'd love it as a Cheltenham home kit:
                                                  I'm sure there must be a Football League rule somewhere prohibiting anyone but Orient to have braces. There certainly should be.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X