X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsenal had a blue n green away kit for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      Is the term "minimalist" a gag? It looks like a particularly fussy rendering of a medieval gargoyle.
      By minimalist I meant the simple structure of just the image of the imp and a simple banner with the team name, free of all the clutter that gets built up around club badges and the pretentious corporatespeak that tends to accompany any release.

Comment

Hear hear

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          It's a rather accurate representation of the original in the Cathedral

Yes, I suspected/dimly recalled that. Good for a cathedral possibly, bloody awful for a football badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
            Arsenal had a blue n green away kit for a while
            Leeds also:

Comment

Haven't Newcastle had a couple of blue/green away kits?

Comment

There was a reason why I specified "first kit" in the initial post

Comment

Oops sorry, was just wracking my brains for ANY blue and green kits.

Seems like a Bundesliga colour scheme to me, they have quite a few teams that play in green don't they?

Comment

Compared to England, yes.

Werder Bremen and VfL Wolfsburg usually play in green. Augsburg usually uses green as their primary accent colour. Hannover has a green badge but plays in red.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      Werder Bremen and VfL Wolfsburg usually play in green.
                      Wolfsburg usually use blue as an accent or change colour and with German teams being a bit more flexible with this sort of thing, I wouldn't rule out a blue and green number as first choice in the future.

Comment

Wigan Athletic feature green on their blue home kit, but it's very much a third colour after white.

Similarly, Tranmere added green to their white and blue in the mid 90s, but it was very much an accent.

Only examples I can think of, of green and blue home kits are Northern Ireland in the late 1990s and 2016, and Seattle Sounders; though beyond Northern Ireland's mid 90s quartered effort, they tend to be green with blue as the accent colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predi? View Post
                          Wigan Athletic feature green on their blue home kit, but it's very much a third colour after white.
                          Green is far more prominent than white on Wigan's current shirt thanks to Puma's massive cuffs. It could also be argued that green was the second colour on the 2000-02 adidas kit.

Comment

If you want to see how to represent an imp cleanly on a badge, the Brownies show you how to do it.

Comment

Regarding German colours, I have a possibly false memory, albeit backed up with another possibly false memory of reading about this phenomenon in WSC, that Puma and Adidas spent much of the 80s making as many teams as possible play in white and red.

Comment

Bournemouth's new home kit hurts my eyes. Who knew there were two possible shades of black?

Comment

How is it that teams with brilliant kits manage to mess them up? Bournemouth have had lovely home kits for a while. Relegation.

See Maidenhead’s checks-within-the-stripes monstrosity.

Comment

I'd say that "usually" is too strong for Wolfsburg's use of blue, as this collection illustrates

https://www.subsidesports.de/de/vfl-...-trikot-archiv

While they did use it episodically as an echo for their sponsors/owners logo, more recent kits have gone in a very different direction

As have Seattle Sounders alas

Comment

I swear ursus must have posted a picture of something related to Seattle there, but for the life of me my brain just isn't registering it.

edit: nope, it's weird. just a blank space.
                                      Last edited by matt j; 16-06-2020, 15:12.

Comment

Certain combinations of browsers, extensions and tracking settings can render images invisible or corrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predi? View Post
                                          Bournemouth's new home kit hurts my eyes. Who knew there were two possible shades of black?

I'm desperately sorry to post this up again so soon after doing so on the Bundesliga thread but the Bournemouth kit also reminds me of it :

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          I'm not sure I'd seen Eintracht's current kit before. The design is so cheap & nasty it reminded me of this Cardiff mid-nineties, in-house manufactured, D3 third kit shocker ;

Comment

Nathan Blake didn't even want to open his eyes to gaze at the horror he was wearing, it was that bad.

Comment

And he sensibly ignored the instruction to pull the shorts up to the nipples.

Comment

That Cardiff shirt is so bad it almost makes up for losing in the Cup semi final to them.

Yeah, that was the only chance I'll get in my lifetime to see my team in an FA Cup Final, but at least we have never worn THIS in our existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                  If you want to see how to represent an imp cleanly on a badge, the Brownies show you how to do it.

That’s Dominic Cummings dancing to ABBA in his Durham cottage garden

Comment

He's not wearing glasses so his eyesight must be absolutely fine.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X