Postponed Polyester? 20/21 (or maybe just '21) Kit Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
    I think it's Winston Sports, who are local to Cray.
    Ah, thanks, Not heard of them.

They must have the Bromley area market sewn up as they appear to make Holmedale's rather nice bespoke kit (on the right in the photo below) too ;

​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
      I rarely post here

has this appeared yet?

https://twitter.com/maxfras/status/1311395622143119360?s=20
      Originally posted by That webstore, that didn't exactly see coming how popular these kits would be
      Dear friends

We would like to thank you for placing your order, for your attention and patience. Unfortunately, we were not ready for the fact that there would be such a great demand for the jersey from all over the world. In this regard, in order to cope with demand, production times are slightly increased. They will be approximately as follows:

- Blue kits (without shorts) will be shipped from October 23rd to 25th.

- Black kits (no shorts) will be shipped from November 1st to November 5th.

- All sets with shorts will be shipped between November 5-10!

Sorry for the long wait! For questions related to your orders, please contact to us via WhatsUp, Telegram or nichegoobychnogo@gmail.com

Comment

Italy has joined Spain in banning gambling firms from being primary shirt sponsors, starting next season

England looking increasingly isolated (in many ways)

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
          QPR have released a third kit, commemorating the, erm, 45th anniversary of when they nearly won the league. They launched it by wearing it today at home to Cardiff.

Hugely popular. Sold out the first run already.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Ah, thanks, Not heard of them.

They must have the Bromley area market sewn up as they appear to make Holmedale's rather nice bespoke kit (on the right in the photo below) too ;

​​​​​​​
            That’s a lovely kit. Much prefer it to the Cray one.

Comment

Socks are the wrong colour though.

Comment

Just seen Ajax's current change shirt while flicking through the channels. I'm not sure if we've already covered it, they've clearly gone for a general nineties-style design but I don't think it references a specific past shirt of theirs. Strange as they had some really out-there change shirts in that era :

Comment

Ajax's design is more casual leisurewear than football shirt. And they just beat Utrecht 3-0, so no sympathy from me.

Comment

Originally posted by gt3 View Post

Jeez - I have *never* bought a genuine replica shirt...the only one I own is a knock off Sierra Leone national team one bought in Freetown - But I have just bought that fabulous goalkeeper's shirt. Thanks for posting that Nef!
                    Just had a message from FC Vitebsk ear friends
                    We would like to thank you for placing your order, for your attention and patience. Unfortunately, we were not ready for the fact that there would be such a great demand for the jersey from all over the world.

No shit they weren't ready for the worldwide demand! Seriously, though, it must be first of some kind?

Just seen WD's post above <d'oh> Looking forward to my keepers jersey arriving later this month!
                    Last edited by gt3; 09-11-2020, 21:30.

Comment

My order has now been shipped, but I guess it'll still take a while to arrive. I do appreciate that a Belarussian football team may not have expected worldwide attention.

I may wear it as an ersatz Christmas jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                        My order has now been shipped, but I guess it'll still take a while to arrive. I do appreciate that a Belarussian football team may not have expected worldwide attention.

I may wear it as an ersatz Christmas jumper.
                        Guess it's not everyday a football shirt design goes viral!

Comment

One could be forgiven for assuming that the combination of Belarussian football and suprematist art would not necessarily find a big audience, but here we are.

I'm having both the black and the blue shirts delivered. They are magnificent.

Comment

For some reason I've only just noticed Juventus's change shirt which is instantly one of my favourites of the season ;

Comment

Any particular reason?

Comment

I really like those colours, the shades of blue and off-white work really well together.

It's got a simple, quite classic look but the trim on the sleeves means it's identifiably modern rather than being retro.

The three stripes, trefoil, sponsors logo and badge fit well together. I haven't been much of a fan of the latter before but it works better on this than anything else I've seen. Having all those elements and the sleeve trim in the same colour looks great.

My one quibble is with the parabola of stitching under the collar. It would have looked far better without that but I presume it's a manufacturing issue rather than a design one.

Comment

Just seen Ajax's current change shirt while flicking through the channels. I'm not sure if we've already covered it, they've clearly gone for a general nineties-style design but I don't think it references a specific past shirt of theirs. Strange as they had some really out-there change shirts in that era :

It's a current adidas template, RdG - this year's Scotland change shirt is a paler blue version of the Ajax one.

edit: here we go -

Comment

I really like those colours, the shades of blue and off-white work really well together.

It's got a simple, quite classic look but the trim on the sleeves means it's identifiably modern rather than being retro.

The three stripes, trefoil, sponsors logo and badge fit well together. I haven't been much of a fan of the latter before but it works better on this than anything else I've seen. Having all those elements and the sleeve trim in the same colour looks great.

My one quibble is with the parabola of stitching under the collar. It would have looked far better without that but I presume it's a manufacturing issue rather than a design one.
                                    Aha, I was going to say that that bit of stitching ruined what to me was a very good shirt but couldn't think of the term. Parabola, excellent.

Comment

I don't like the parabola either. Great word though. To me the shirt itself is inoffensive, but nothing special. The colours are fine; do you have some sort of predisposition to that particular combination, Ray? The newish Juventus badge still looks cheap and nasty to me, I wonder how much they paid someone to 'design' it? I'm in the wrong job. The cuffs are too fussy for my liking too.
                                      Incidentally, I don't think the Adidas logo is a trefoil, is it? The original Adidas logo is the trefoil, is there a different word for this one?

Comment

There doesn't seem to be a definitive official name for the current one - it's often known as the three bars, the mountain or the Equipment logo.

Comment

I think trefoil can refer to any design with three parts. The original Adidas logo was an example of one but the term long predates it, comes from horticulture and is used in heraldry & architecture.

As for 1974ddr's question as to quite why that shirt grabs me so much - the appeal of aesthetics is hard to express though I've tried to do so in my initial answer. I do think it's a lovely combination of rich colours though, I can't think of a shirt that has used them before.
                                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-11-2020, 00:30.

Comment

The current adidas logo could be considered a trefoil (as a "three fold shape"), but it is a bit of a stretch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trefoil#Symbols

https://twitter.com/fcstpauli_EN/status/1327976543998652418

I'm curious about the details of this. I don't think that they are acquiring a manufacturer, but must rather be contracting with one.

Comment

Ray de Galles the Juventus shirt is a lovely shade of blue and it does work well with the dulled white. I don't like the cuffs but the blue makes it worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                                I rarely post here

has this appeared yet?

https://twitter.com/maxfras/status/1311395622143119360?s=20
                                                ...arrived this morning - even the packaging is a thing of beauty...Don't know if I should frame the shirt or wear it, it's so gorgeous..."we're" 11th in the league...playing 6th placed Dinamo Minsk tomorrow. And the brilliantly named Torpedo Zhodinho. next Saturday.

Comment

Comment

Mine seems to be stuck in the Russian postal system.

Tracking number assigned, shipment not yet accepted by Russian Post
                                                    Probably should send them a message.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X