Postponed Polyester? 20/21 (or maybe just '21) Kit Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gt3 View Post

Jeez - I have *never* bought a genuine replica shirt...the only one I own is a knock Sierra Leone national team one bought in Freetown - But I have just bought that fabulous goalkeeper's shirt. Thanks for posting that Nef!
    That is indeed fantastic. Where did you find it for sale, gt3?

Comment

If you click on the twitter link Nef posted, underneath the original post is one with a link to the club website. it provides for an English translation, though the terms & conditions are all in Russian, so i may very well have signed up to a Putin 'bot factory...?31 for the shirt plus another tenner for worldwide shipping. They are on pre-order sale. Will be shipped after 20/10.

Comment

Cool, ta.

Comment

Originally posted by gt3 View Post
          If you click on the twitter link Nef posted, underneath the original post is one with a link to the club website. it provides for an English translation, though the terms & conditions are all in Russian, so i may very well have signed up to a Putin 'bot factory...?31 for the shirt plus another tenner for worldwide shipping. They are on pre-order sale. Will be shipped after 20/10.
          It's lovely how they translate the entire website for you, but some links are left behind. So you get a checkbox to indicate: "Agree with [cyrillic gobbledegook]". Pretty sure those are terms and conditions, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

Kings Lynn vs Yeovil is the featured game on BT Sport for the National League Season opener tomorrow. And today the club unveiled it's new kits for 20/21

Home - Away - 3rd

Comment

I really like the first and change kit. Is the second stripe on both of them navy or black?

Comment

But would be so much better if the sash/stripe kept going over the shoulder.

Comment

They almost never do these days. I think it's to do with having a shoulder panel instead of a seam there.

Comment

Queen's Park taking concepts to the extreme - each dot represents their results since joining the league in 1900

Comment

That's a lot of defeats.

Comment

They look as happy as I would wearing that kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                          That's a lot of defeats.
                          Originally posted by Sits View Post
                          They look as happy as I would wearing that kit.
                          I can't help but feel that these two may be linked. I don't know why, call it crazy, call it a hunch but maybe... just maybe... there may be some correlation.

Comment

Queens Park sort of play on how crap they are, don't they?

I quite like that kit and the idea behind it it, you can go pretty apeshit on your change kit as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Moving away from their usual ethos of promoting the work of actual artists, AS Velasca have made a special post-lockdown celebration shirt featuring a collage of art by the players themselves...

https://twitter.com/asvelasca/status/1311226555025313792?s=19

Looks like the regular kits, designed by South African artist Kendell Geers, are quite bold too

https://twitter.com/football_nerds/status/1312602715701358598?s=19
                              ​​​​​​​

Comment

I can't recall where I saw this so apologies if it was in here. An important work though, all the PL sleeve sponsors ;

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                                  Queen's Park taking concepts to the extreme - each dot represents their results since joining the league in 1900

Since 1900? It doesn't look like it's anywhere near enough dots. There should be approaching 4,000 on the shirt.

Comment

Where did those colours come from? They look as if Walt Disney threw up in a bowl of Fruit Loops. Queens Park are part of a black and white world. There should be black dots, white dots and grey dots. Anything else is very, very wrong.

Comment

Ray de Galles That's Denis' work, isn't it? He did a Museum of Jerseys article about it recently and I'd recognise his way with Adobe Illustrator anywhere.

Amor de Cosmos It's a change kit. I'm guessing the blue and orange is sponsor influenced and the red, amber and green are usual (though hardly universal) form guide signifiers.

Comment

Cheers, 3CR - here's the article in question

Comment

Ah, sorry Denis. I'd saved the illustration but completely forgotten the sources, glad you got your credit from 3CR.

I mentioned it on the PL thread and I don't think it's been discussed on here but the Liverpool third kit is a total mess :

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1312847230555090945?s=21
                                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 05-10-2020, 09:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                            Where did those colours come from? They look as if Walt Disney threw up in a bowl of Fruit Loops. Queens Park are part of a black and white world. There should be black dots, white dots and grey dots. Anything else is very, very wrong.
                                            The blue and orange are the colours of the sponsors, Irn-Bru.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                              Queens Park sort of play on how crap they are, don't they?

I quite like that kit and the idea behind it it, you can go pretty apeshit on your change kit as far as I'm concerned.
                                              no, not really. they were proud of their amateur status but thats not remotely the same as trading on being shite

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                                would that not be pretty pointless as its meant to be their away shirt hence the need for different colours

Comment

Originally posted by steviecowden View Post

would that not be pretty pointless as its meant to be their away shirt hence the need for different colours
                                                  Is it their away shirt? That wasn't noted upthread. These days it isn't safe to make that assumption with any team.

Comment

It is

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/queens-la...-new-away-kit/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X