Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Rochdale legend Jack the Kitman on his way to work.

Comment

Two from last weekend in Iceland, the first is probably the most know Icelandic footie ground of all, IBV from Western Islands (David James finished his career out there) (I've uploaded it from a seldom seen angle of it). The second from up in the Westfjords, Vestri. I hadn't really needed anymore from Iceland for the book - due next year, publishing date in place now finally! - but i'd promised myself that if I could ever do IBV and Vestri in the same weekend, I would. The footie fixture Gods finally shone on me :-)

DSC06024.jpg DSC05310.jpg

Comment

At Ceará today.

'Play for us. We drink for you'.

Comment

Line Dancing in Llandudno

Comment

The player in the middle is just demonstrating how to be offside in a VAR world.

(Though I don't know how Omery & Sons are getting their advertising's worth from that pic)

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
                  A couple of photos of Portimonense. Top quality floodlights here.
                  They're better than the club's trophy room I saw when I was looking for a club shop :

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
                    It was nice inside when we saw the Algarve Derny there in 2013 when both clubs were in the second tier :

Comment

It was the barest club shop I’ve ever been in and I’ve seen some really shite club shops. They didn’t even have a pennant.

Comment

At least you found it, there was no sign of one nine years ago.

Comment

The local soccer ground gets an upgrade to meet League of Ireland requirements:

https://twitter.com/KerryFC/status/1574753620486230019

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                            The local soccer ground gets an upgrade to meet League of Ireland requirements:

https://twitter.com/KerryFC/status/1574753620486230019
                            Looking good already

Comment

Some vain self-promotion if that's ok... The Lousiana in Bristol (UK) is hosting a small exhbition of pictures from my journeys to some of the UEFA 55 most unique football grounds, from Nov 25th to Dec18th. It will be open when the venue is which is from 530pm daily and if anyone on this forum does want to do it, please pm me for more detail and so on.

It is timed to coincide with the World Cup because the images in it are the very opposite of the World Cup and my plan for the book had been to have it out for the World Cup for that reason, but COVID scuppered that. The book is out next year instead.

Anyway here is a poster for it, the ground in this one is Cementica 55 in Macedonia, a ground I loved to pieces and where i stood out so much the Chairman came over to me, thanked me for visiting and made my a Macedonian (or Greek or Turkish...) coffee. I can't say that's a great annecdote which is why its largely a photographic book, but it does symoblise the kindness you get at a lot of the lower league clubs across UEFA.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by super furry dice; 06-11-2022, 17:50.

Comment

I'm not sure I will make it down that way myself during the run but will point a few locals in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                  I'm not sure I will make it down that way myself during the run but will point a few locals in that direction.
                                  Thank-you, that's really kind of you and if anyone you've mentioned it do, does or wants to make it over, I'll gladly meet up with them if they want to.

Comment

An interesting shot from one of our matches as it contains.............. Attila The Stockbroker, a member of Anrhefn, the Welsh language rockers, a lead singer from Jump, another rock band, a DJ from a reggae soundsystem and an artist with pieces in Wales' national collections.

Comment

Originally posted by super furry dice View Post
                                      Some vain self-promotion if that's ok... The Lousiana in Bristol (UK) is hosting a small exhbition of pictures from my journeys to some of the UEFA 55 most unique football grounds, from Nov 25th to Dec18th. It will be open when the venue is which is from 530pm daily and if anyone on this forum does want to do it, please pm me for more detail and so on.

It is timed to coincide with the World Cup because the images in it are the very opposite of the World Cup and my plan for the book had been to have it out for the World Cup for that reason, but COVID scuppered that. The book is out next year instead.

Anyway here is a poster for it, the ground in this one is Cementica 55 in Macedonia, a ground I loved to pieces and where i stood out so much the Chairman came over to me, thanked me for visiting and made my a Macedonian (or Greek or Turkish...) coffee. I can't say that's a great annecdote which is why its largely a photographic book, but it does symoblise the kindness you get at a lot of the lower league clubs across UEFA.
                                      I'm sure you'll do this but please post in a few of the threads (here and Football book review thread) when the book comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post

I'm sure you'll do this but please post in a few of the threads (here and Football book review thread) when the book comes out.
                                        Thank-you and I will do. I should have news on pre-orders and so on in the New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by super furry dice View Post
                                          pre-orders
                                          Ooo, you've done it now...

Comment

A jumping wall 15 minutes from my house, yesterday

Comment

Stewards jackets outside Fulham's ground, a couple of Sundays ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
                                                A jumping wall 15 minutes from my house, yesterday

Wot, no draft excluder? What is this, 2018 or something? Amateur hour

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post

Wot, no draft excluder? What is this, 2018 or something? Amateur hour
                                                  The Kit Kats were 20p as well.

Comment

The spare seats for the away end at Easter Road.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X