No announcement yet.

No shot too sh*t - your photos of football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best chippy in English football? Right opposite the away turnstiles at Spotland, here being mobbed out by Carlisle fans in 2011.

Comment

Molineux, last day of the 2014 League 1 season. They're going up, we're going down.

Comment

Fratton Park, Portsmouth (2013). A proper football ground.

Comment

Eton Park, Burton Albion's old ground - v Carlisle in the 2004/5 Conference season.

Comment

Griffin Park, another proper football ground - here in January 2007

Comment

The most mixed of emotions - Doncaster have just won the league, and Carlisle have just played their last game in it (for a while). The sort of day that brings out the very best in football supporters as the Donny fans (who knew exactly how we felt) broke off from their celebrations to come over and commiserate with us. A proper lump in the throat moment.

Comment

Another emotional day - 2006 this time, and Carlisle are celebrating winning the division, whilst Stockport fans are overcome with relief that they've got the point they needed to stay in the league. Another mutual love-in ensues.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                  Opening day of the 2005 season, Wycombe v Carlisle. Carlisle's first game back in the football league. Nice bit of synchronicity as Wycombe's first ever game in the league was at our place.

Stewards pinching a sneaky look at the match action!

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                    The best chippy in English football? Right opposite the away turnstiles at Spotland, here being mobbed out by Carlisle fans in 2011.

Some familiar faces there, not least the furthest right....in fact Iirc that was the game where they refused to take my Scottish bank note at the turnstile, but it looks like he thought ahead and got a ticket.

Comment

Actually I've just spotted the date and that wouldn't have been that day, I had moved jobs by then.

Comment

Fantastic pictures again, Third rate Leszno. Have you got an unlimited back catalogue?

I wonder if it isn't Willbutts Lane itself which is responsible for Spotland having remained such a popular away day in spite of redevelopments to the ground, particularly when the ground is approached from Spotland Bridge. Firstly you have St Clement's Church at the foot of the hill, the cobbled street leading up to the ground which slowly looms into view behind the Church Inn (sadly shut for good I think) then finally the row of terraces with the chippy in the middle, the away stand looming over it such that the chippy seems less one that just happens to be handy for the ground but along with the street itself is actually an intrinsic part of it.

Good thing a visit to the chippy isn't required for a tick though as I've never been.

Comment

My biggest disappointment of my one visit to Spotland was that I didn't get to try the chippy.

Comment

This happened right in front of me - I was on Row 1 (Hint - 1994)

Comment

Last edited by DPDPDPDP; 28-11-2020, 17:09.

Comment

Above photo from over a year ago from my son’s (white 33) university match in Houston. It looks like he’s about to wipe out purple 14. The photo was taken just after my son was about to shoot and he got absolutely wiped out by purple 14. Thankfully he scored the penalty.

Comment

This doesn't fit in terms of personal photos but I figured the thread was most fitting and didn't really need to start another one.

A 12-minute National Football Museum piece about Stuart Roy Clarke's photography:
                                  https://vimeo.com/43000394

Comment

These are definitely at the lower end of the scale. I found some old Instamatic negatives from when we went to Scotland in (I think) 1972. It's clear where the last one was taken but I'm less sure about the first three. I'm fairly sure the first is Queen of the South because we did see the ground, but where are the second and third? My memory tells me that we got inside Morton but not QoS, but from looking at the pictures it looks now that my memory is playing tricks and that we entered Palmerston Park. Any ideas?

What is good at least is that the goals are there and this was July. These days they are taking them away after the game has finished before you are out of the ground.

Comment

Great photos. The middle two are Palmerston also. The 2nd photo is largely unchanged today (plastic pitch notwithstanding). The cover in the 3rd has been replaced by a seated stand.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsburySaint View Post
                                        Great photos. The middle two are Palmerston also. The 2nd photo is largely unchanged today (plastic pitch notwithstanding). The cover in the 3rd has been replaced by a seated stand.
                                        Thanks so much for that. It's really cleared up and corrected my memory.

Comment

If you are interested in photozines, this one just came to me in the mail last week:

https://twitter.com/viewfootballmag/...038533?lang=en

I don't know if there are more copies available. Quality is mixed but I'm glad I purchased it.

Comment

Like a lot of people on this thread I always take at least one photo of every game I attend. For the last few years, I've put together a collection at the end of the season of one image from each game I saw.

This wasn't by best season for football watching, and not my best for photography either really, but here's the 2020-21 crop for anyone interested...

How I watched football 2020-21

Comment

Great stuff, why aren't West Bromley Albion wearing stripes?

Comment

Originally posted by Uros Predic View Post
                                                Like a lot of people on this thread I always take at least one photo of every game I attend. For the last few years, I've put together a collection at the end of the season of one image from each game I saw.

This wasn't by best season for football watching, and not my best for photography either really, but here's the 2020-21 crop for anyone interested...

How I watched football 2020-21
                                                These are great UP

Comment

Cheers AE.

West Bromley Albion do have stripes on the shield of their crest, so not sure why they haven't got a striped kit. Mind the Lewisham Athletic team they were playing that day had players wearing two different kits; some in green and black stripes, others in green and black halves

Comment

Glad I managed to find this thread while my old photos hard drive is connected (I have a habit of posting embarrassing family/friend photos on Hogmanay)

from the toilet at Molineux, April 1985:

Comment

Working...
                                                    X