No announcement yet.

No shot too sh*t - your photos of football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One year ago today. On the previous Saturday I'd seen W?rzburg lose 5-4 at Unterhaching after leading 4-2 with two minutes to go. Here they were behind after one minute meaning that they had conceded four goals in approximately six minutes' playing time. They went on to lose 0-3 to Sonnenhof Gro?aspach. How things change. Four weeks ago W?rzburg finished 2nd in the third division and will play in the 2. Bundesliga when it starts. Gro?aspach were relegated with weeks to spare.
    Last edited by Capybara; 30-07-2020, 20:01.

Comment

Couple of away days from Carlisle's 4th division championship winning season in 1994/5, first Field Mill, Mansfield.

And Gigg Lane, the week before our first ever trip to Wembley - firstly a joyous welcome, then grumpy faces as a 2-0 defeat sinks in.

Comment

The old popular terrace at Pro Vercelli, complete with in-terrace tree.

Comment

the "poplar" stand, one might say

Comment

Hersham of the Surrey County Intermediate Western host Surrey South Eastern Combination D2's Sporting 50.

The ground is on the man-made Desborough Island in the Thames that was the location for the 'Karma Chameleon' video and the home side wear red*, gold and green in tribute.

* keeper's kit
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 08-08-2020, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post
              the "poplar" stand, one might say
              Applause

Comment

Slovakia's village leagues, which means fourth tier and below, started again last weekend after more than 9 months away. I went to Varin vs Oscadnica in the 5th tier yesterday. 3-1 home win and a cracking game, despite 30 degree heat. Both goalkeepers were superb.

First pic shows the main stand, which seems to be the favourite haunt of bored local teens when there's no game on.

Comment

The Banska Bystrica-Zilina train can just be glimpsed between the trees behind the goal. That was the intention anyway.

Comment

BTW, to answer my own question about about football photozines:

https://www.caferoyalbooks.com/shop/...-football-fans

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                      Couple of away days from Carlisle's 4th division championship winning season in 1994/5, first Field Mill, Mansfield.

And Gigg Lane, the week before our first ever trip to Wembley - firstly a joyous welcome, then grumpy faces as a 2-0 defeat sinks in.

Well and truly spoiled the party that afternoon, didn't we? I loved that game.

Comment

Psy performing "Gangnam Style" at the 2013 Coppa Italia final. I'd say never in history have Roma and Lazio fans been so united – the sound of 70,000+ people whistling as loudly as humanly possible for 5 minutes is one of the most incredible things I've ever heard.

Comment

Has there been a thread of lamentable musical acts you’ve seen perform at sporting events?

I can think of two to start

- Undercover performing Baker Street at the first Sky Monday Night game at Maine Road
                          - MC Hammer with his version of the Addams Family Theme at a Buffalo - Philadelphia NFL preseason game at Wembley

Comment

Here's one from each of my first three outings so far this season. Pitches could really do with a bit of rain - the parched ones at the moment give everything a yellow tinge.

Manford Way v Barkingside

Bearsted v Walthamstow

Wingate & Finchley v Walthamstow

Was really disappointed this one was just out of focus

Comment

Great picture, don't think the focus is a problem. Where was the W&F-Stow game?

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                                Great picture, don't think the focus is a problem. Where was the W&F-Stow game?
                                It was at the Hadley Wood Sports Trust ground on Barnet Lane. Really lovely little set-up.

Comment

Were they all officially behind closed doors?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    Were they all officially behind closed doors?
                                    Officially yes, but I'd say each had about 20-30 people there who weren't players or club officials.

Comment

Once inadvertently stumbled across a Terza Categoria (lowest level of the Italian pyramid) game involving FC Enotria, on an adjacent pitch to the game (a couple of levels higher) that I had intended to see. This guy, the Italian Meatloaf, was an absolute star. Didn't do a great deal of running, did do a good line in theatrics, and was by some distance the most talented player on the field...

Comment

Nephew v Uncle, September 2020, A back garden in Shropshire

Comment

Cat like reflexes from the big man there.

Comment

Lye Town, last Tuesday.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin the happy pig View Post
                                                Lye Town, last Tuesday.

Is that a barn?

Comment

Just old I think.

Comment

No football this weekend but I cycled round to my auntie's in Flixton this morning and took a couple of minor detours on the way..

One man went to mow.. Brantingham Road, home of Maine Road FC

A theatre of dreams by the old canal

Sentry duty and autumn's last hurrah at Shawe View, home of Trafford FC

And finally last and also least, Valley Road, former home of Flixton FC. A part of me was a little disappointed not to find it overgrown with weeds. It's on sale for one and a quarter million..

Comment

Working...
                                                    X