No announcement yet.

Terrible Football bets or predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pretty much signed up for this forum as I have read it over the last few weeks and on seeing this one thought it only fair to humiliate myself

Marcus Allback to be Premiership top scorer
    Ricky Van Wolfswinkel the same
    Niclas Bendtner to be leading goalscorer at the 2010 World Cup

Comment

I had Jan Koller in my fantasy team for Euro 2000 - the poor bastard hit the woodwork 5 times in 3 games and scored precisely no goals.

Comment

Welcome to OTF, DH.

Comment

Originally posted by Despondent Hammer View Post
          No wonder you're despondent! And yeah... welcome to the board.

Comment

Welcome, DH. Also, what are next weeks lottery numbers... so I don't choose them.

Comment

Blimey - I thought only 'one' person in this world would be likely to place that bet.

While of course breaching all manner of betting guidelines.

(And, 'welcome'.)

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                I had Jan Koller in my fantasy team for Euro 2000 - the poor bastard hit the woodwork 5 times in 3 games and scored precisely no goals.
                The Czechs were very unlucky that tournament, especially to be put in a group with France and the Netherlands in the first place.

Comment

I pretty much signed up for this forum as I have read it over the last few weeks and on seeing this one thought it only fair to humiliate myself

I think I put Van Wolfswinkel in my fantasy league team for about a fortnight, and I was embarrassed enough about that! Fair play to you for going the whole hog and actually putting money on it.

All my football bets are bad, mainly because I feel the need to make them long accumulators, as I'm only prepared to risk a pound on them. The closest I got was when my tenfold had nine postponements. Unfortunately the surviving team lost 3-0.

Comment

Toytown.

Fifteen years ago, I had Dominic Peitz (yes, who?) down to be captain of the German team in the 2010 World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by That Night In Barcelona View Post
                      The Czechs were very unlucky that tournament [Euro 2000]
                      The only game that I went to in that tournament was the dead rubber between the Czechs and Denmark...

Comment

The Czechs were also a shade unlucky in 1996 - and should've won the blessed thing in 2004.

Since the days of Panenka, it really hasn't been their tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

All my football bets are bad, mainly because I feel the need to make them long accumulators, as I'm only prepared to risk a pound on them. The closest I got was when my tenfold had nine postponements. Unfortunately the surviving team lost 3-0.
                          I feel your pain. I once had a midweek ten match accumulator, nine out of ten came in and all I needed was the tenth game which had kicked off a little late. Top of the league Birmingham City (ok, it was the third division) at home to struggling Wigan. Nil nil. Tossers. First and last time I ever wasted money on them.

Comment

Working...
                          X