Coronavirus and WSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aitch View Post

Some of the most interesting articles in a long while!
    The Hibs-Hearts merger sounds fascinating! Never heard of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I have one on my wall, it's one of my favourite works of art ever :

I used to have that map too and it is so amazing - looking forward to the article and what a treat to see it again. Thank you Ray de Galles .

One of the articles in this issue is mine, so I have an extra reason to be pleased it made it to the printer.

Comment

Can't be doing with searching newsagents for it, easier just to subscribe for 12 months.

Comment

https://www.wsc.co.uk/daily/14313-wh...s-and-covid-19

Comment

Mine arrived this morning.

Comment

Remaining issue dates for 2020: https://www.wsc.co.uk/availability

April 9
              May 14
              June 25
              July 30
              September 3
              October 8
              November 5
              December 10

"As in 2018 we scheduled 11 issues for 2020 to enable us to give the best coverage of Euro 2020. Although the tournament has been postponed we will continue with the original schedule given the suspension of football."
              I assume there will be 11 issues in 2021 as well but I'm not sure how they will fit a schedule around Qatar 2022.
              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 07-04-2020, 14:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                Mine arrived this morning.
                Mine arrived as well. Only read Harry Pearson's column so far. Very tempted to buy a 400th issue t-shirt

Comment

Not sure if the editors read this but I reckon they'd sell a few 400th edition badges as well.

Comment

I'm another with that map, retrieved from our mam and dad's house about two months back.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      Very tempted to buy a 400th issue t-shirt
                      I haven't checked yet, but I bet that they're not available to us fat bastards...

Comment

I haven't checked yet, but I bet that they're not available to us fat bastards...
                        Which is why they should sell some badges too ...

Comment

I've ordered a t shirt. I was wearing the 25th anniversary one the other day but that is showing its age and only really good for home wear. The Euro 2004 remains my favourite WSC shirt design.

Unusually, I hadn't finished reading last month's mag before the new one arrived.

Comment

I hadn't realised the map had several editions. Ray's looks like a later one and appears to have Hereford and Barrow on it.

I gave up buying the T-shirts some years ago but I'll be getting this one. Does anyone else still have the Albanian one?

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                              I hadn't realised the map had several editions. Ray's looks like a later one and appears to have Hereford and Barrow on it.
                              ...but no Wimbledon sadly. They are mentioned but have no badge, despite other smaller teams being featured, and (as they were still non-league then) no kit on the map.

I didn't realise there were different versions, I think mine is 71/72.

Comment

Mine arrived today. As always I went straight to the back for Season in brief, followed by letters. There's a particularly spiky one in there by an upset author this month.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                                  Mine arrived today. As always I went straight to the back for Season in brief, followed by letters. There's a particularly spiky one in there by an upset author this month.
                                  Yeah that guy unfortunately made himself look like a right brittle twat. I wonder what his thought process was behind writing it.

BTW 4 pages of letters and 4 pages of the photo feature. Fills the gaps. I'm not complaining.

I predict an onslaught of letters slating teams whose grounds have no atmosphere under floodlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

...but no Wimbledon sadly. They are mentioned but have no badge, despite other smaller teams being featured, and (as they were still non-league then) no kit on the map.

I didn't realise there were different versions, I think mine is 71/72.
                                    Ah, I get Capybara's point now that Hereford replaced Barrow, which leads me to guess that it was produced in the close season of 1972.

This link seems to indicate that there was a version circa 1976 and possibly confirms there was one prior to mine too.
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 07-04-2020, 19:11.

Comment

XL and XXL are on the order page at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                                        Oops - one of the first rules of publishing, never respond to a bad review, unless you're calmly correcting an inaccuracy or a blatant misrepresentation. Or pointing out that the reviewer went to school with you and has always hated you since the day you beat him in a contentious game of Wembley one lunch-time back in 1977. There was a stroppy letter from John King in WSC years ago after they unfavourably reviewed his first shite hoolie novel. There was a comment from the editor beneath saying something like, "Looks like John's never had a bad review before."

Comment

A point Mel Huckridge and his mates & sock puppets should have heeded.

Comment

Thread

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...-mel-huckridge

Comment

I take it that one of the letters is yours Patrick Thistle ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                I take it that one of the letters is yours Patrick Thistle ?
                                                Illustrating a desperation for content

Comment

I wonder if finney can resurrect him?

Comment

It came in a brown envelope this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X