X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ten minutes to go.

Comment

Brazil.

I’m starting a campaign the get Sean The Shed installed as Head of UEFA.

imagine the joy of going back to knock out tournaments.
      Last edited by DPDPDPDP; 05-04-2020, 17:42.

Comment

Here's the result from the final:

It's been neck and neck for most of the vote since kick-off yesterday, and just before 2 o'clock it was level pegging, but a late surge at the end made it...

Milan 86-90** 8-14 Brazil 1970

Comment

This has been fucking brilliant, Sean, and thank you so much. I hope that you don't get too showered in champagne in handing the trophy to Carlos Alberto as the fireworks explode around you.

Comment

Don't agree with the final result, but I've really enjoyed this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
              Don't agree with the final result, but I've really enjoyed this thread.
              "Football's a cruel mistress, Des".

Comment

A few other things to take from this:
                As well as Brazil 70 taking the honours Milan 86-90, obviously, are OTF's number one club side, and France 82-84 are the top European national team.
                Also my choice Nottingham Forest 78-80 are Britain's top club side, which I'm rather chuffed about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                  A few other things to take from this:
                  As well as Brazil 70 taking the honours Milan 86-90, obviously, are OTF's number one club side, and France 82-84 are the top European national team.
                  Also my choice Nottingham Forest 78-80 are Britain's top club side, which I'm rather chuffed about.
                  Well, Forest went unbeaten in the league for over 40 games and won a European Cup in the middle of that run. It's hard to think of any teams since that could boast that.
                  Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 05-04-2020, 18:12.

Comment

Forest retained the European Cup, which is admittedly much harder to do in the CL era.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

Well, Forest went unbeaten in the league for over 40 games and won a European Cup in the middle of that run. It's hard to think of any teams since that could boast that.
                      You forgot that Forest retained the trophy the next season and also won the league.

Comment

England 1966-70 didn't even get invited to participate (or maybe they snubbed it, following the traditional pattern of early World and European Cups).

But given the eventual winners, Sir Alf will be claiming a moral victory.

Comment

Despite voting for Milan in the final, I can’t begrudge the winners and it was line ball anyway. Mine was a head over heart vote, so at least the heart gets what it wanted.

Thanks so much for this Sean.

Comment

Good work Sean. Great fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X