Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have a Euro 2021 qualifiers thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have a Euro 2021 qualifiers thread?

The Republic of Ireland appear to have virtually wrapped up second place in their group, behind Germany, after a comprehensive victory away to Montenegro this afternoon. They still have to play die Mannschaft twice, but have beaten all other group opponents once, and done the double over today's opposition.

They are an excellent side, and could take something out of Germany at home.

Comment

They'll need to beat Ukraine away in June to be sure of it, I think. I could see them winning all their remaining games (having already played Germany twice and Ireland away, at least based on previous qualifying form.

Comment

This thread might soon have to be for both women's and men's football.

Comment

Stephen Kenny to take Ireland into the play offs (whenever they happen) as Mick McCarthy steps down.

Comment

I'd say it was primarily a financial decision.

Comment

Thank god Mick has gone but.

Comment

Duffer, Keet Andrews and Alan Kelly named to staff.

FAI apparently trying to get blank eye to stay on. I doubt he's even wanted by Kenny.

Comment

Jim Crawford is u-21 manager, I was worried that they would come knocking on our door looking for Keith Long and Trevor Crolly.

Comment

Who is Blank Eye?

Comment

Blank Eye, a.k.a. Unidentified Fan

Comment

With the Corona Virus getting qualifiers postponed and the baffling wacky back door qualification via the League of Nations, this is the longest Scotland have remained in a tournament for years. There still time for us to make a complete balls of things yet either in the remaining 2 qualifiers or, perish the thought, if we actually to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                          I'd say it was primarily a financial decision.
                          His contract ran out at the end of july I think, and he wasn't going to be playing any more games in that time. So he took his pay off. Maybe they have paid him the four months wages (€400k) or maybe his love of ireland meant he just took the €1.13 million loyalty bonus he fully earned for not leaving us in the lurch to take up the reins in the bernebeu or the Camp Nou, or the Alliianz Arena. All he apparently asked for from the FAI was a couple of tickets for the playoffs because he loves Irish football so much. That and his pay off presumably.

I see that Robbie Keane is looking for his €500K. He should really fuck off.

Comment

I don't blame Mc Carthy for taking every penny that he's due. The FAI didn't have to give him the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

His contract ran out at the end of july I think, and he wasn't going to be playing any more games in that time. So he took his pay off. Maybe they have paid him the four months wages (€400k) or maybe his love of ireland meant he just took the €1.13 million loyalty bonus he fully earned for not leaving us in the lurch to take up the reins in the bernebeu or the Camp Nou, or the Alliianz Arena. All he apparently asked for from the FAI was a couple of tickets for the playoffs because he loves Irish football so much. That and his pay off presumably.

I see that Robbie Keane is looking for his €500K. He should really fuck off.
                              Mick can fucking pay for the playoff tickets from his millions.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                I don't blame Mc Carthy for taking every penny that he's due. The FAI didn't have to give him the contract.
                                yeah but the FAI has essentially gone bankrupt in that time period, and all the rest of the staff have had to take pay cuts, and there have been layoffs. The entire league of Ireland is hovering on the brink, and god knows what is happening.

Comment

It seems that John Delaney gave Unidentified Fan a much longer contract than Mick McCarthy.

Incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                  X