The new WSC with Manchester City on the front again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Someone else has said that on here before. Or maybe it was your good self. But I definitely had the idea that Sportspages going under was bad news for fanzines.
    Ha, maybe me. I should let it go.

Comment

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...fanzine-thread

Comment

Okay, okay...

Comment

Will the next few WSCs be exclusively about the shutdown and its effects?

Comment

For those of you who read Cameron Carter's Tv Watch column about the BT Sport film Greavsie, it is being repeated at 7:15 tonight on BT Sport 2. Well worth watching.

Comment

Loved this quote in John Morgan's article: "Margaret Thatcher had no interest in football, but football had huge interest in Thatcherism."

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                Loved this quote in John Morgan's article: "Margaret Thatcher had no interest in football, but football had huge interest in Thatcherism."
                Yes, I liked that too. I also liked a line from the Bob Lord book review, by Paul Rees - "Doubtless there is a place for a treatise on the vagaries of 1920s meat storage legislation, but that is not here."

My favourite photo was from the Wealdstone photo spread. The one with the man waiting furtively outside the manager's office while carrying two balls, his bald head lit by a shaft of light but the rest of his body in darkness. I also really liked the photo of the the programme seller on the opposite page.

As someone mentioned upthread, it was interesting to read about the building of McDiarmid Park back in the 80s.

Comment

I'm still waiting on this issue. Can any other subscribers in the US or Canada confirm receipt or still waiting? I prefer not to bother the sub manager (again) if others are still waiting.

EDIT: Well, it arrived today (1 April) so I guess posting the question impacted the postal universe.
                  Last edited by danielmak; 01-04-2020, 17:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    I also really liked the photo of the the programme seller on the opposite page.
                    The lady sitting next to the programme seller is Miriam, who sells the Golden Goal tickets. And gives me a lift home after the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      The lady sitting next to the programme seller is Miriam, who sells the Golden Goal tickets. And gives me a lift home after the match.
                      Excellent! I love that whole photo. Especially the tantalising glimpse that you get of the sign advertising the Wealdstone Megastore.

Comment

Miriam has died.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Ah that is sad GO. Sorry to hear

Comment

Many sympathies to you, and her other friends, family and colleagues, GO.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, GO. Wealdstone is an appealing club that inspires affection in occasional visitors and that is entirely down to the people there, like Miriam.

Comment

What really sad news.

Comment

She never told me, but apparently she had had cancer for some time. That's what killed her. I must get a copy of that photo, as that was the last time that I saw her.

Comment

Commiserations, GO - that's very sad.

Comment

So sad, GO.

Comment

Working...
                                        X