The new WSC with Manchester City on the front again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new WSC with Manchester City on the front again

It's just arrived. Looks like there's plenty in it. Shot! from Wealdstone, an article on memorabilia, one from imp, Ipswich v Oxford the featured match and much, much more. I'll be testing my new glasses on it later.

Is the little bloke with the glasses in the Wealdstone feature?

Comment

Dunno. I've never met GO.

Comment

Oh ho...

Comment

I have met both Gangster Octopus and Gordon the Raider. Is there any way that I can retrospectively claim my five pounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
            I have met both Gangster Octopus and Gordon the Raider. Is there any way that I can retrospectively claim my five pounds?

The "Wealdstone Raider" has got his own Wiki page with both discography and filmography sections.

Comment

Did he ever Milkshake Duck?

Comment

(GO or the Raider)

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                  Did he ever Milkshake Duck?
                  I don't follow the Raider's activities too closely. As far as the social media phenomenon known as Gangster Octopus goes, I believe the opposite to be true and that the best is still to come.

Comment

Tim Manns has a letter printed. As does a fighty Mr Plenderleith. They didn't print mine though, which is a shame because it was objectively more interesting than either of theirs.

Comment

Not read it all yet, but good piece on Southend's woes and St. Johnstone's all-seater stadium. I remember watching a news story about it, the first purpose built all seater stadium in the UK. Looked pretty impressive to me.

Comment

I was at that Wealdstone match. It's why I got banned...

Comment

What happened?

Comment

They lost.

Comment

Oh yeh. I remember you saying.

I thought for a minute there that there might have been "an unfortunate incident that Mr. G, when he has spent some time reflecting upon it, will sincerely regret and one which we're unable to overlook."

Comment

At the risk of betraying my lack of knowledge about even the most basic trophy winning facts, why are the Man City players holding up four fingers? I thought it was their third consecutive League Cup.

Comment

Four domestic trophies on the trot, (props to them for excluding the Community Shield)?

Comment

Some very good stuff in here. Editorial is very well considered and Harry Pearson's piece and Gavin Barber's match report are great.

Really intruiged by Roger Titford's article on memorabilia, of which I have a huge amount - particularly books. When I check out I need to find a suitable home for them.

On the subject I was listening to the WSC podcast featuring Josh Widdicombe the other day and I thought I heard Daniel Gray refer to a "national fanzine archive". Can anyone tell me more about this?

Comment

If there is a national fanzine archive I have a bagful to donate

Comment

[Oops! Wrong thread]

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                          I thought I heard Daniel Gray refer to a "national fanzine archive". Can anyone tell me more about this?
                                          Can't tell you more, but back in the day Sportspages on Tottenham Court Road was probably the closest thing to this, and I wonder what happened to all their back numbers of god knows how many fanzines.

Comment

God I miss that place like an amputated limb.

Comment

When Sportspages in Manchester went under they seemed to take with them all the stock they had including about 100 back copies of a Manchester City fanzine that I contributed both content and money to. Okay, only about £200 down the tubes but it wouldn't have hurt staff to give us a ring and tell us to pick them up when they knew the ship was going down and give us a chance to sell elsewhere. A few others got caught like this, too, so my enduring memories of Sportsoages are not quite so rosy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post

Can't tell you more, but back in the day Sportspages on Tottenham Court Road was probably the closest thing to this, and I wonder what happened to all their back numbers of god knows how many fanzines.
                                                Oh yes, when I was a teenager I'd often spend my Saturday afternoons trawling round the holy trinity of Sportspages (Fanzines), Forbidden Planet (Comics) and Orcs Nest (RPGs/Wargames) spending all the money I'd just earned from my Saturday job.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                                  When Sportspages in Manchester went under they seemed to take with them all the stock they had including about 100 back copies of a Manchester City fanzine that I contributed both content and money to. Okay, only about £200 down the tubes but it wouldn't have hurt staff to give us a ring and tell us to pick them up when they knew the ship was going down and give us a chance to sell elsewhere. A few others got caught like this, too, so my enduring memories of Sportsoages are not quite so rosy.
                                                  Someone else has said that on here before. Or maybe it was your good self. But I definitely had the idea that Sportspages going under was bad news for fanzines.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X