Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    The Cymru Premier is cancelling all games for the next 3 weeks because of the current situation.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Five teams in the third division currently not playing.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Ipswich become the latest side to postpone games.

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Last seasons FA Trophy final between Harrogate and Concord still hasn't been played yet. I think they're waiting to play it at Wembley in front of fans rather than an empty stadium.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    I think the Vase and Trophy have more or less caught up and play their fourth rounds on January 9 and 16 respectively. There seems to be a determination to get through them even if the leagues are fucked.

I'm curious as to how Vase clubs keep a squad going with no league games.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 22-12-2020, 15:31.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    I think that's the first COVID postponement in the division.

Leave a comment:

• Capybara
    replied
    Flip.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Rotherham.

Leave a comment:

• Capybara
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    Our game against WR'sDC has been called off.
    Rotherham or WRDC players (I was looking forward to our game on Boxing Day)?

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Delayed Vase and Trophy rounds are both being played today, but a few clubs chose to switch to Boxing Day.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Our game against WR'sDC has been called off.

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    There is only one promotion place available from each Step 7 league. I don't think there are any other teams from the Manchester League that are looking for promotion, so a top 5 finish will be enough for Stockport Georgians assuming that the relevant paperwork and ground grading is in place.

Theres no maximum number of promotions to a particular step 6 league, now that the FA has centralised allocating clubs to leagues - they sit down at the end of the season and look at all the Step 6 clubs for the following season as a whole, then allocate clubs to individual divisions. In practice most Step 6 clubs will stay in the division they were in the previous season and any clubs promoted or relegated to Step 6 will have a good idea of which division they will be joining, but, particularly for clubs near the edge of league areas, a handful of clubs do end up having sideways moves each year. Technically, Georgians haven't applied for promotion to the North West Counties, but to Step 6, and theoretically the FA could allocate them to, say the Northern Counties East, but I suspect there would have to be an incredibly unlikely set of promotions, relegations and clubs folding for that to occur.

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

How does this affect other leagues in the pyramid that supply relegated and promoted clubs?
    Happy to be corrected on this but I don't think it'll have any effect. Promotion and relegation between steps 6 & 7 is by application rather than being automatic. So Stockport Georgians (who applied last year) have already been told their application for promotion to the NWCFL has been approved but they'll need to finish top of the Manchester League or as far down as 5th if no-one finishing above them has also successfully applied. I don't know whether there's a maximum number of promotions to any particular step 6 league or from any particular step 7 though I suspect Southport Zeb might.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
    West Lancs League (feeder league to step 6) becomes the first to officially terminate the 20/21 season. League composition to remain 'as is' and a regionalised cup competition may take place in early 2021 if conditions allow.
    How does this affect other leagues in the pyramid that supply relegated and promoted clubs?

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    The Essex Senior League has, unsurprisingly, announced it is suspending fixtures as of Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    West Lancs League (feeder league to step 6) becomes the first to officially terminate the 20/21 season. League composition to remain 'as is' and a regionalised cup competition may take place in early 2021 if conditions allow.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    So, with London going into Tier 3 immediately, that leaves only the Merseyside clubs, Southampton and Brighton capable of hosting attended top-flight games presently.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Presumably they'll have to make a calculation as to what they can pay players, unless the govt is going to hand over some money?

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    Yeah there's a few more than that with averages over 150 but I certainly wont be short of options.

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    With the exceptions of derbies, only Bury, West Didsbury, Northwich Vics and Golcar Utd seemed to be getting over the 150 mark regularly before the lockdown so you might not be too bad.

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    The NCEL has announced that fixtures will resume on the 19th. The NWCFL hasn't released a statement yet but a number of clubs are talking as though resumption is a given. Picking which games to attend based on the expectation they won't attract more than 150 fans is going to be a novel experience.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Maybe food and drink will be permitted when tiers are reviewed?

Leave a comment:

• Third rate Leszno
    replied
    The FA have announced that step 3-6 non league clubs in Tier 3 areas can now have limited number of fans (300, 200, 150, 150 respectively). Whether this is enough to get the leagues in those areas to restart is doubtful because there's still (as in Tier 2) no secondary income from food be drink sales, but at the very least it may allow a few friendlies to be played.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    I'm selfishly grateful for the breakneck Trophy schedule as it will hopefully give a few mor options for games to attend in the next few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Darlington had a positive test during the week and won't play again until they commence their FA Trophy campaign on Dec 15th. They have only played 7 league games so far in National League North.

Three rounds of the Trophy are being squeezed into 12 days (Dec 8-19) to catch up before Xmas.

Margate withdrew from the Trophy on the same night the Isthmian League suspended its fixtures but are the first club to do so during this period. Teams have to forfeit if they get positive COVIDs.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-12-2020, 16:05.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X