X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
      I'll be honest, I haven't been arsed to follow the endless chopping and changing of what you can and can't do, but I thought you only had to self-isolate for 10 days when you'd tested positive, but 14 days if you've come into contact with someone who's got it? In which case Salah would be clear to play the Atalanta game.
      Assuming he's not coughing his lungs up and wishing he was dead.

Comment

Ildefons Lima: The national icon shunned by his country over coronavirus comments

Comment

So, is there a thread for "the Football League"? I can't find one, only separate threads for various of its competitions.

Comment

Not that I am aware of, this about the temporary switch to 5 subs in the EFL?

Comment

I was about to ask the same question.

Comment

Same reason yeah.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ollie_bayliss/status/1329399297058729985?s=21

Comment

https://twitter.com/shumanskoo/status/1330808792397844482

Comment

A maximum of 4,000 fans are to be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the national lockdown in England ends on 2 December, BBC Sport understands.

Comment

All depends what Tier your club and your home address come out of lockdown into, I guess.

Comment

Yes, story also now updated to say a maximum of 2000 cap in Tier Two and 4000 in Tier One. Dependent on %age of overall capacity too, I imagine.

Comment

I've seen it suggested that it'll be 50% of capacity or 2000/4000, whichever is the lower.

Comment

Yeah, looks like it :

https://twitter.com/steven_swinford/status/1330875078293254145?s=21

Comment

I'm hoping my natural pessimism isn't right to read this as meaning no fans allowed at grass roots matches in tier 3 areas.

Comment

No, this is elite sport - I'm reading it that non league and grass roots will re-start much as it was before this lockdown with restrictions on travel being the main concern.

Comment

Here's hoping..

Comment

TRL is absolutely correct from all indications I've seen prior to and since the announcement today.

Comment

Wtf, so some teams in a division will be allowed home fans and some not, how is that fair from a competitive point of view?

Comment

My guess is your answer is that competitive balance is sports competitions is not high on the current national priority list. They are letting people in where they can. And already in more places than they really should, to my personal opinion.

Comment

Has anyone made an estimate of which clubs will be in which tiers? For example, I think Leicester has always been in the highest risk tier.

I infer that a team like Darlington (National League North) would still be elite so could fall into Tier C zero fans.

Another issue is whether you'd want to risk letting some fans in one week but then having to revert to no fans if there's a post-Xmas surge.

Will the 2,000/4,000 be allocated by ballot or maybe a rotation, whereby a season ticket holder gets a ticket for two out of 10 games, say?

Do clubs that can let more fans in get a lower slice of the money that the EPL is giving EFL clubs?
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-11-2020, 22:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                              No, this is elite sport - I'm reading it that non league and grass roots will re-start much as it was before this lockdown with restrictions on travel being the main concern.
                                              Any source for this? The tier 3 restrictions say "there should be no public attendance at spectator sport" and nothing else in the rules seems to suggest that non-league football is exempt, so going strictly by what's there it sounds like games can restart but without spectators.

Comment

Wouldn't clubs in that tier have to abandon the season in that case, throwing the pyramid into chaos?

Comment

Wouldn't non-elite clubs in that tier have to abandon the season in that case, throwing the pyramid into chaos?

Comment

If that's really the case then some leagues presumably won't bother restarting. The Northern League already said earlier in the season that it wouldn't be viable behind closed doors, and the area it covers is likely to be almost entirely in tier 3 to start with. But yes God knows what would happen for leagues where only a handful of clubs are subject to those restrictions.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X