No announcement yet.

Footballers and CoronaVirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxford pull out game at Crewe because Crewe player tested postive who had travelled on the coach with the rest of the team

Karl Robinson accuses the EFL and PFA of not insisting on regular testing and clear guidelines for isolating players who have taken tests until the results are received.

Comment

It's weird. Robinson went out of his way not to blame Crewe, but it's hard to see why not if what's been described is accurate.

According to Robinson, one player tested positive during the week another who "on his own accord" took a test, travelled with the team and it seems got the positive result after arriving in Oxford. Why on earth didn't they test the entire team after the first result and isolate until the results came back?

Comment

For the same reason Grimsby didn't I expect - it costs ?3.5k to do it.

Comment

Robinson blamed the EFL and the PFA, saying that if they are playing regularly they need to be tested rgularly.

Apparently the Crewe player who tested positive took a private test off his own bat after being uncomfortable with the advice given, after a colleague had tested positive earlier in the week.

He travelled down to the game inthe same coach as the rest of the team.

Robinson, in his interview said that 6 oxford players have partners who are pregnant. he also said that Oxford had insisted that 6 of their own players whose status was uncertain had travelled individually to games last week until their status was confirmed.

Comment

Tammy Abraham had a surprise birthday party on Saturday night, which was attended by Ben Chilwell and Jadon Sancho, along with 20 or so other people.

So they're all out of the England squad for breaking the rule of six.

Comment

Not a bad move if you fancy a couple of weeks off and England are essentially playing friendlies.

Comment

Shaqiri has been tested positive now according to reports. That's now 3 Liverpool players.

Comment

Tsimikas has had it an' all, albeit he was clear by the time anyone else tested positive.

Comment

So, for anyone idly wondering how football carries on at non league level in a Tier 3 plague zone, this is how things look where I am.

People can go in and out of the zone for work (ie referees) but at Step 7 and below, players can't. So leagues which cross boundaries are rescheduling fixtures so that teams don't have to. All council owned 3G and grass pitches within the zone can continue to be used, but matches on those pitches are strictly no spectators.

At step 3-6, matters aren't quite so clear cut. The NW Counties (step 5-6) commendably asked their member clubs whether they wanted to suspend things (either as a whole or just those clubs (9 of them, I think) Who were inside the zone). Those who've made their responses public seemed heavily in favour of cracking on while they still can, but the league then fudged it and said carry on for this week while we think about it. Some of the clubs inside the zone play on council owned facilities, so they're playing behind closed doors, a couple have already voluntarily taken a short break from any activities at their ground, and the others seem to be continuing with Tier 2 type restrictions on fans but have had to close bars and clubhouses altogether.

At Step 3 no clubs fall inside the zone, and at step 4 there's been no word from the NPL on what (if any) plans they have to alter the competition. Prior to the new restrictions, Marine and Runcorn Linnets have been playing with all-ticket arrangements in place (City of Liverpool look set to do the same), but Prescot Cables and Widnes have had to play behind closed doors because their councils insisted on it. The loss of money from social clubs/bar takings will be a serious hit at this level, so it'll be 'interesting' to see how things pan out.

Comment

Scunny to take time off...

Comment

The Northern Counties East is starting to struggle. There were meant to be eleven games this midweek, so far five of them have been called off for Covid reasons (and another got rained off). Nothing to do with South Yorkshire being in tier 3, rather that teams are having to pause owing to cases among players. Hard to see how they're going to complete the season at this rate.

Comment

Why would England players be safer playing Iceland in Albania rather than, say, Southampton? I don't get this one at all given we've had exemptions for elite foreign sportspersons all season.

Comment

EFL: Clubs accept ?50m Premier League rescue package for League One & Two

Comment

York have had another positive test in the camp, meaning another 4 games postponed. This after managing to play on Tuesday at Southport which was the first match for 3 weeks after the last positive test. I just don't see how this season is going to be completed in any reasonable fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                Why would England players be safer playing Iceland in Albania rather than, say, Southampton? I don't get this one at all given we've had exemptions for elite foreign sportspersons all season.
                                It is because Iceland are playing in Denmark before they play England and due to the mink outbreak....

From 4am, Saturday 7 November 2020, the Home Office is implementing immigration powers meaning visitors arriving into the UK from Denmark will not be permitted entry into the UK.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

https://twitter.com/FootballJOE/status/1327269963816726528

Comment

Presumably he'll just miss two Liverpool games?

Comment

Ffs

Comment

Wealdstone's game with Dover is off.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/UniqueRiggers/status/1326262276882649088

Comment

Crikey.

Comment

Is that this week? If it is Jurgen won't be happy.

Comment

Garcia sent me that video yesterday and i meant to put it up here. since this is 2020 my first question was how old is this video? But the haircut and mask suggest it's recent and the guy seems legit. so today's announcement not the most massive surprise ever

Comment

I'll be honest, I haven't been arsed to follow the endless chopping and changing of what you can and can't do, but I thought you only had to self-isolate for 10 days when you'd tested positive, but 14 days if you've come into contact with someone who's got it? In which case Salah would be clear to play the Atalanta game.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X