Footballers and CoronaVirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the pilot game you mean, Figs?

They've said season ticket holders only, first come first served and you must sit/stand in your allocated ST location (no switching of locations). So once the 300 spaces allocated to Paddock ST holders are sold, they'll sell 100 for the Warwick, then a number (can't recall what) for the Main Stand and the East Stand. Sales by phone or in person only (not sure asking people to come down and queue was a great idea but they are a bit constrained by time I suppose).

I'm not bothering myself as I had already made Merseyside-based plans for the evening, but I think WFD is trying to get a ticket so will be interested to hear his experiences afterwards.

Comment

Luton and Morecambe have pulled out of the trial this weekend. I presume the cost of compliance is too much to make it worthwhile though I'd have thought it would make little difference to Morecambe who rarely get gates of more than 2000.
      Last edited by Greenlander; 17-09-2020, 08:24.

Comment

I wouldn't want to arrange ticketing with three days' notice.

Comment

9 players from FCSB (previously Steaua), have tested positive for Covid, leaving the team with 14 fit players for tonight's Europa League qualifier. This seems untenable for a number of reasons - not least that it's hard to imagine the the 14 players left as well as coaches etc should not currently be self isolating

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
            I wouldn't want to arrange ticketing with three days' notice.
            I assume arrangements had been put in place for some time. At Middlesbrough, the arrangements were published at tea-time yesterday, a couple of hours after the games were announced. It's one stand only (the largest) and was first come, first served from 8 last night. Tickets went very quickly apparently. I didn't apply as I didn't fancy two 250-mile train trips in a day and, as Fussbudget says, Middlesbrough's on the watch list and areas north look like having tougher restrictions imposed. I was half-expecting it to be pulled, like at Luton and Morecambe.

edit: oh, I've just read that the manager has tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
              Most stadiums will open only one or two parts of the ground for a limited attendance. Was that the case here?
              I don't think so, I couldn't see if the stand with the TV gantry was open but the other three all were and there were a handful of people sitting in the empty bits. I'm guessing people just decided to all sit in the same few spots for the shade or to get a better view.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post

Thoughts and prayers for the virus, etc etc and so on

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                  I assume arrangements had been put in place for some time. At Middlesbrough, the arrangements were published at tea-time yesterday, a couple of hours after the games were announced. It's one stand only (the largest) and was first come, first served from 8 last night. Tickets went very quickly apparently. I didn't apply as I didn't fancy two 250-mile train trips in a day and, as Fussbudget says, Middlesbrough's on the watch list and areas north look like having tougher restrictions imposed. I was half-expecting it to be pulled, like at Luton and Morecambe.

Sure, plans in place makes sense. I'd still want a good deal more than three days to get ticket arrangements explained and accepted and tickets sold. Appreciate that 1,000 tickets can be sold in minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    9 players from FCSB (previously Steaua), have tested positive for Covid, leaving the team with 14 fit players for tonight's Europa League qualifier. This seems untenable for a number of reasons - not least that it's hard to imagine the the 14 players left as well as coaches etc should not currently be self isolating
                    I thought UEFA policy was that such clubs had to find players from other squads who had not been in contact with the main squad? I can't imagine the host club being happy to put their players at risk, and am surprised that tne host FA has not pulled it.

Comment

Shrewsbury are one of the pilot clubs. The tickets sold out very quickly but I think only season ticket holders could apply.

I think this might be the first season when I don't go to a football match since football began in 1992. (Actually, when I started writing down the games I went to)

Comment

I see the Northern League have put out a statement:

“Following the Government decision made in consultation with Northumberland, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland and County Durham, we can confirm that our league fixtures will continue to be held.

“However, following guidance from the FA there will be a limit of 15% of minimum capacity for clubs at Steps 3-6 in the council areas affected. (That is 150 spectators for our first and second divisions.)

“If spectators decide to attend a game, then we would urge them to follow Government guidelines on social distancing and hygiene.

“We would also urge everyone involved in the league to follow the safety measures at our clubs to ensure that we can continue to hold fixtures.”

The Government guidance for the region, including advice for spectators at sporting events, is here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/north-ea...l-restrictions

It includes this: “We advise that you should not attend amateur or professional sporting events as a spectator in the areas affected. If you do attend, you must remain socially distanced and groups of no more than 6.”

Comment

As Merseyside and most of Lancs will be in similar measures from Tuesday, it'll be interesting to see if the leagues operating in this region follow suit [the NW Counties hasn't kicked off yet, so in theory they could opt to further delay the start of the season].

Comment

The government is "recommending" fans not to attend but is allowing 15% of capacity, which still seems contradictory. The question is how many clubs can survive at 15% capacity? Northern League maybe don't get more than 150 per game anyway and the calculation could be that those clubs will survive on social club revenue with 150 fans per game. But what's OK for Northern League but doesn't help many NPL or National League North clubs.

Comment

Most Northern League clubs have average gates of more than 150, many get several times that many. Consett and Shildon both had average attendances of over 400 last year, Stockton Town's was just under 500 and their highest crowd was 940. I'm pretty sure that the average overall attendance for the NL Division 1 is actually higher than for the regionalised divisions of the NPL, and would be similar to the top division of the NPL if it wasn't for a few outliers like FCUM and South Shields.

The cap we've had so far was 300, and loads of games since the restart have sold out. A cap of 150 will be a huge hit to the finances of most of the clubs in the lockdown area.

Comment

Hopefully an isolated case, but could be a portent of things to come. At least they're not folding altogether.

https://twitter.com/nwcfl/status/1306988933184737283?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                  I see the Northern League have put out a statement:

“Following the Government decision made in consultation with Northumberland, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland and County Durham, we can confirm that our league fixtures will continue to be held.

“However, following guidance from the FA there will be a limit of 15% of minimum capacity for clubs at Steps 3-6 in the council areas affected. (That is 150 spectators for our first and second divisions.)

“If spectators decide to attend a game, then we would urge them to follow Government guidelines on social distancing and hygiene.

“We would also urge everyone involved in the league to follow the safety measures at our clubs to ensure that we can continue to hold fixtures.”
                                  They've rowed back on that now and the cap for this weekend's games was back to 300, "to be further reviewed on Monday." Except for Birtley Town, who continue to play their games behind closed doors courtesy of Gateshead Council's super strict approach.

Comment

Only Stockton and Consett sold out their 300 today, but several others did exceed 150. Hopefully they are allowed to keep at this level at least, although 300 is still harsh on, say, Stockton, Shildon, North Shields, Ashington and Consett, as you say above:

http://www.northernfootballleague.org/match-results/
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-09-2020, 23:18.

Comment

Some of the crowds in the Vase today were on the low side (especially given the lack of league football at the moment), I wonder if some people have heeded the official advice to avoid attending games.

Comment

Burnley have put out the following and nothing seems unreasonable - I'll put relevant bits in but the full link is https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...cketing-update

In line with that, we are continuing to work hard with the League and all relevant authorities to bring supporters back into Turf Moor on matchdays at the earliest opportunity it is deemed safe to do so. Inevitably, that will have to be managed on a staggered basis with reduced capacity to start with.

Our original target was to have supporters admitted to our home game against Tottenham Hotspur on the weekend of the 24th-25th October. Recent changes to Government guidance may delay this and there remains uncertainty around dates and levels of admission that may be permitted.

We will update supporters as and when we have a clearer indication of how we are able to proceed.

[...]
                                        A ballot system will be put in place for season ticket holders to apply to attend individual games, which will be operational prior to the first game we are permitted to allow supporters to attend.

Supporters will not be guaranteed their existing seat. Seats will be allocated in the Bob Lord, James Hargreaves and Jimmy McIlroy stands.

Only on the allocation of a seat will the value of the game be deducted from money held by the season ticket in their online account, within the new ticketing system.

Successful ticket applicants will be emailed an e-ticket containing a barcode, which can either be printed at home or scanned from your mobile phone to gain access on match day.
                                        [...]

Exact details and further information regarding safety measures and access arrangements in and around Turf Moor in line with Covid-19 regulations – along with a code of conduct – will be issued prior to the first game to which supporters will return.

[...]
                                        FAQ’S

I’m a 2020/2021 season ticket holder but am unlikely to attend any matches this season, can I receive a full refund?

Yes, the full refund process will be announced in the coming weeks.

I am a 2020/2021 season ticket holder and will try to attend as many games as I am able to. Will I need to pay anything extra on top of my already paid season ticket price to attend?

No, season ticket holders who are successful in a ticket ballot will not be faced with an additional charge.

If I only attend a small number of games through the season will I be able to use the remaining value of my season ticket to renew for the 2021/2022 season?

Yes, season ticket holders will be given the choice of rolling over any outstanding value of their season ticket to pay for a 2021/2022 season ticket or have it refunded to them at the end of the 2020/2021 season.

Due to the UK lockdown occurring before the earlybird season ticket renewal period ended I didn’t renew my season ticket, will I have the opportunity to do so to allow me to enter the match ballot for 2020/2021 Premier League games?

Yes a short renewal window will open at a date to be confirmed when lapsed 2019/2020 season ticket holders will the opportunity to renew for the 2020/2021 season.

I am not a season ticket holder, will I be able to enter the ballot to attend matches?

Not for the initial games back at Turf Moor. The ballot will be used exclusively for season ticket holders while operating at a reduced capacity. The eventual hope is for attendance levels to increase high enough to allow for general matchday sales again sometime in the 2020/2021 season, but will ultimately be led by guidance from the relevant authorities.

Comment

İlkay G?ndoğan tests positive.

Comment

“A number of first team players” at Orient have been diagnosed. It throws the Spurs game into doubt. Spurs not playing on Tuesday would be great for them, given their ridiculous schedule.

Comment

I would think teams in Orient's situation would have play their kids or forfeit the game, otherwise we'll never get through the season.

Comment

They've said on the wireless here (in London) that if they can't play the game it will be forfeited because of the schedule.

Comment

Merthyr Town have asked the Southern League if they can "mothball" the season and return next year. Their FA Cup game with Poole Town tomorrow night has been forfeited. https://clwbpeldroed.org/2020/09/21/...uthern-league/

The county borough of Merthyr went into local lockdown today.

Comment

I've seen some comments about this being done without supporter consultation despite it being a supporter-owned/run club.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X