No announcement yet.

Footballers and CoronaVirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren Moore was away from manager duties at Wednesday for a couple of weeks with Covid and came back earlier this week. But now he's gone back to hospital with blood clots on the lungs and pneumonia which sounds very bad. Fingers crossed for a swift and full recovery

Comment

I commentated on a lockdown game last night. Was a very eerie feeling. I know it is obvious from the telly, but such games bear no resemblance to the real thing. It's like opera with the sound down.

Comment

Opera with the sound down would be fab.

Comment

Ad hoc will be sorry to hear that after a long Covid layoff, the Colombian Efmamjjasond 'Calendar' Gonz?lez (his first name is made up of the initial letters of the months of the year; the Spanish for January is 'enero'), who's now with All Boys in Argentina's second tier, had a heart attack during a game a few weeks ago. He was rushed to hospital and discharged the same day, but his career might have come to an early end already.

Comment

How did he come by the nickname

Comment

Not sure if you're joking or just didn't read the post, Nesta ...

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Efmamjjasond 'Calendar' Gonz?lez (his first name is made up of the initial letters of the months of the year; the Spanish for January is 'enero')

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Not sure if you're joking or just didn't read the post, Nesta ...

I think you can rest assured that he was joking :-)

Comment

I think he was implying that you didn't need to put in the explanation because it's self-explanatory. It's very gentle joshing.

Comment

Primeira Liga game between Belenenses and Benfica abandoned after home team only had six players left on the pitch.
                    Shamefully, Portuguese governing bodies refused to allow the game to be postponed, despite both teams requesting it.

Comment

This has been mentioned on a few threads, some reports state that Belenenses did not request a postponement.

Comment

Apparently there's a covid outbreak at Tottenham. Rumours they may try to get their match at Brighton postponed. Hopefully that's not true - if Oxford can manage, then sure as hell a PL side can.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          My wife used to work for Beleneses SAD's president (Belenenses SAD are very different to Belenenses and a whole other story). On a personal level, I used to get on very well with him, he even used to read these forums and would follow Millwall's results because he knew me and would chat about their progress when I saw him. There's a lot I could say about him on here, but he's very rich, powerful and lives on the edge of the law. He also might sue me if he's still reading otf, but I'm sure he's got better things to do these days, like trying to destroy historic football clubs and laundering money via player transfers.

Comment

(The message on the sleeve and the headline on the BBC's app look to be related)

Comment

Van Dijk, Fabinho and Curtis Jones all out with COVID, apparently.

Which will make an excellent excuse for the inevitable Newcastle win.

Comment

Thomas Frank has called for all games to be called off this weekend.

Comment

Hard to argue against, really.

Comment

What's the response at non-league levels where they don't have any protocols or testing? Do they limp on until nearly every team can't field XI players? Do they keep allowing fans until the local hospitals are full? Do they pretend it's just like the flu?

Comment

Gloucester City have had an outbreak ahead of their game against Wrexham in the FA Trophy tomorrow. It's so bad my cousin, an u21, has been called up to the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                        What's the response at non-league levels where they don't have any protocols or testing? Do they limp on until nearly every team can't field XI players? Do they keep allowing fans until the local hospitals are full? Do they pretend it's just like the flu?
                                        I'm seeing leagues at lower levels tweet things like this:

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1471846026969550853

Comment

City’s manager, Pep Guardiola, has returned an inconclusive Covid test and will have a second
                                          I didn't even know an inconclusive test was possible?

Comment

He's probably positive but the amount of infected DNA is too small to be sure.

Comment

Maybe this is when we discover nandrolone has a long lasting prophylactic effect against coronoviruses?

Comment

Nah, 3 Liverpool players have tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                                  Gloucester City have had an outbreak ahead of their game against Wrexham in the FA Trophy tomorrow. It's so bad my cousin, an u21, has been called up to the squad.
                                                  Not only in the squad, he's been told he's starting.

If any of the Wrexham fans on here are going, I'd love to hear how Kian Gardiner gets on. He's playing up front.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post

Not only in the squad, he's been told he's starting.

If any of the Wrexham fans on here are going, I'd love to hear how Kian Gardiner gets on. He's playing up front.
                                                    Hat-trick today and front page of the NLP tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X