No announcement yet.

Footballers and CoronaVirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren Moore was away from manager duties at Wednesday for a couple of weeks with Covid and came back earlier this week. But now he's gone back to hospital with blood clots on the lungs and pneumonia which sounds very bad. Fingers crossed for a swift and full recovery

Comment

I commentated on a lockdown game last night. Was a very eerie feeling. I know it is obvious from the telly, but such games bear no resemblance to the real thing. It's like opera with the sound down.

Comment

Opera with the sound down would be fab.

Comment

Ad hoc will be sorry to hear that after a long Covid layoff, the Colombian Efmamjjasond 'Calendar' Gonz?lez (his first name is made up of the initial letters of the months of the year; the Spanish for January is 'enero'), who's now with All Boys in Argentina's second tier, had a heart attack during a game a few weeks ago. He was rushed to hospital and discharged the same day, but his career might have come to an early end already.

Comment

How did he come by the nickname

Comment

Not sure if you're joking or just didn't read the post, Nesta ...

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Efmamjjasond 'Calendar' Gonz?lez (his first name is made up of the initial letters of the months of the year; the Spanish for January is 'enero')

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Not sure if you're joking or just didn't read the post, Nesta ...

I think you can rest assured that he was joking :-)

Comment

I think he was implying that you didn't need to put in the explanation because it's self-explanatory. It's very gentle joshing.

Comment

Working...
                  X