Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip.

Comment

I think that's the first COVID postponement in the division.

Comment

I think the Vase and Trophy have more or less caught up and play their fourth rounds on January 9 and 16 respectively. There seems to be a determination to get through them even if the leagues are fucked.

I'm curious as to how Vase clubs keep a squad going with no league games.
        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 22-12-2020, 15:31.

Comment

Last seasons FA Trophy final between Harrogate and Concord still hasn't been played yet. I think they're waiting to play it at Wembley in front of fans rather than an empty stadium.

Comment

Ipswich become the latest side to postpone games.

Comment

Five teams in the third division currently not playing.

Comment

The Cymru Premier is cancelling all games for the next 3 weeks because of the current situation.

Comment

The League Cup Final has been moved to Sunday April 25th in the hope that they can admit fans, moving the fixture congestion for the affected clubs closer to the Euros.

https://theathletic.com/news/carabao...t/huzgmfwyLzQu

Comment

So, with today's changes in tiers, are there any clubs in the top six leagues still admitting crowds or any leagues below that still continuing with fixtures?

Comment

No, and it doesn't look like it at steps 3-6 at least. It's possible that a feeder league (step 7) whose member clubs are all (or almost all) in Tier 3 areas could continue, but I don't know enough about those leagues outside my own region I'm afraid. Would think Devon & Cornwall, Hereford/Salop or North Yorks would be the best bet. Here, the West Cheshire hasn't said owt official yet, but I'd be surprised if they continue with a number of their clubs in Tier 4 locations and unable to play.

Comment

I've just heard the Prem has decided to suspend matches for two weeks. Can anyone confirm that?

Comment

The South Western League consists of clubs entirely in Tier 3 and is suspended until further notice, and those playing in the Cornwall Senior Cup this weekend are taking their own decisions themselves and postponing matches.

The Western League which is more Bristol and surrounds is suspended until 22nd January.

Edit to add: actually looks like all Cornish cup ties are off.
                          Last edited by Greenlander; 30-12-2020, 23:13.

Comment

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1344385191524102144

Comment

Hmm. Bogus then.

Comment

I thought this was a thread worth reading on the Prem and covid

https://twitter.com/aut_omnia/status/1344263700178481152

Comment

As well as Lincoln's manager and goalkeeping coach, there are also five Wimbledon players out with covid, it seems. Still, play on, nothing to see here.

Irresponsible.

Comment

Luton v QPR off cos covid.

Comment

Interesting point from Accrington's chairman Andy Holt:

"Anyhow we need to move the end date of the season and state the season will be finished no matter what. Either that or clubs with high PPG will find every self isolating reason NOT TO PLAY. Those with the lowest PPG won’t get chance and another TranmereRovers happens."

Comment

I tend to like Holt's takes on football, despite his rotten general politics. And he's probably got a point about clubs taking a cynical view at times. But surely the bigger danger is playing when we shouldn't?

Comment

https://twitter.com/aut_omnia/status/1345023740032245761

Comment

The two players are BAME and apparently in quite a bad way. These are extremely fit and young athletes yet they've been affected severely.

I think it's time to consider a break, possibly until the end of January to stop the spreading of Covid-19 across communities and regions, not just in football but in all sports.

Comment

As per my post somewhere earlier in the thread where I can't find, the covid protocols at NUFC appear to have been quite slapdash even by the standards of professional football, and even by the standards of professional football in the United Kingdom. Run in the penny-pinching manner Mike Ashley goes about things.

The season never should have started, Christ the previous one shouldn't have been ended. Even aside from the overwhelming public health side of things, what has come of it in a footballing sense? I feel like around the time last season reconvened I was watching far more football than I have in recent years, and I cannot remember a damned moment of any of it.

Comment

Wimbledon have five players out due to Covid:

https://twitter.com/afcwimbledon/status/1345139302892711951?s=21

Comment

The EFL seems to be applying different rules to that tier than the EPL is to theirs.

Comment

The owner adds:

https://twitter.com/TheDonsTrust/status/1345140633946759168

Comment

Working...
                                                    X