Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PL ensure that the BBC get their PR across ;

Premier League awaits EFL ?250m coronavirus 'bailout' proposals
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 24-09-2020, 22:16.

Comment

National League North clubs don't want to restart

Comment

Signatory clubs

Comment

They won't play in the FA Cup, according to that.

Comment

Not sure of the situation in the premier league but I'd expect they are still playing because they will breach the TV contracts if they do not. This would not just hit their revenue this season but for however long they have still to run. I'd guess most clubs have already spent their share of this season's TV cash even before they get it, so that would make their situation even worse. There may well also be some sort of compensation clauses if a certain amount of games are not delivered across the length of the deal.

Comment

Orient are confirmed as having to forfeit the League Cup tie.

Comment

Chairman Nigel Travis told BBC Radio 5 live on Tuesday that they should not be punished for carrying out tests, which were paid for by Spurs.

"This is an incentive not to test and is bad for football and bad for health and safety," he added.
                He's not wrong.

Comment

DC United's reserve team are done for their season from positive tests. They won't play their last 3 games in the 2nd division over here.

Comment

A look at what is allowed in mainland Europe’s major leagues and selected other countries amid the coronavirus crisis

Comment

What would happen if Spurs simply withdrew from a competition they clearly don't want to play in given the circumstances? Why bother witn the cost and wasted time of playing a fixture they are certain to lose by fielding their kids??

Comment

Interesting situation in Brazil. Due to a high number of positive cases Flamengo have been trying to get their game at Palmeiras postponed. If they had succeeded, other clubs were threatening to suspend the entire championship.

A higher court has just overturned a ruling to postpone the match. Flamengo are at the stadium and have named a reserve team but it's now 4 minutes past kick off time and Palmeiras are out on the pitch alone warming up. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Flamengo's announced team contains only four regulars/semi-regulars. Three of their players are so unknown that Globo doesn't have their photo to put on their graphic of the line-up. Still no sign of them in the pitch.

Comment

Flamengo have 19 players who have tested positive plus 3 injured.

Comment

Flamengo have emerged from the dressing room. 20 minutes late. We're going to have a match.

If Palmeiras don't win this, they'll never live it down.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                Flamengo have 19 players who have tested positive plus 3 injured.
                                Unless they've deliberately flouted the rules how can they have been made to play this match with a third string?

Comment

I'm not 100% sure about the legal situation but I think all the clubs agreed before the league started that fixtures would go ahead even with significant numbers of players unavailable.

Anyway, Flamengo got a 1-1 draw. Their kids did well but it was more a reflection of how woeful Palmeiras were. They are still unbeaten in the league but have drawn 7 out of their 11 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                    The PL ensure that the BBC get their PR across ;

Premier League awaits EFL ?250m coronavirus 'bailout' proposals
                                    The government has been warned the whole football structure is at risk of collapse by luminaries such as Charlie Methven and Robbie Savage, in a letter stating it shouldn't really be the responsibility of the PL alone to prop everything else up.

Comment

Cremonese have decided to temporarily abandon allowing 1000 spectators to attend games after their recent Serie B home game which saw supporters refusing to comply with the protocols. It looks like the decision was theirs and not the authorities.

Comment

I'm a bit late with this - and sorry if a similar point has been made earlier on this thread - but I was interested to see that Marcus Rashford was (unless I missed another instance) the only player or manager amongst all the post-match interviewees shown on MOTD las weekend to wear a face mask for the interview. After his fantastic campaign on UK child hunger, I didn't think he could go any higher in my estimation, but he just has.

Comment

3 Kilmarnock players and 1 at Hamilton Academical have tested positive for Covid-19.
                                          All 4 individuals are self-isolating and will miss Friday's matches.

Comment

Just shut down the season.

Comment

Grimsby's next two games (v Bradford in the league and Hull in the Auto-Johnstone's-a-Trade Trophy) have been postponed due to the Grimsby squad being in isolation. Some competitions do rather have a losing battle air about them at the moment.

Comment

While there aren't yet any details of any specifics, the National League has been told it will receive a government grant to get started on schedule over the coming week, which also should mean no issues with the FA Cup this weekend as mooted up thread.

Comment

Following the increased restrictions in the region, Bootle announced this evening that they're taking a two week break from holding any activities at their stadium (which as well as a popular social club also contains 4G 5-a-side cages). I've already seen a club from the West Cheshire league do the same and wouldn't be surprised if quite a few more followed suit.

Comment

Sadio Man? joins Thiago on the list of Liverpool players testing positive.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X