No announcement yet.

Footballers and CoronaVirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Follow it up and ask again and if they say no and you booked on a credit card, you can raise a chargeback.

We were supposed to be going on holiday next week and were offered credit against a rebook, a voucher to cash in or a full refund. I took the latter. Still going to take up to 90 days though, but I doubt ATOL/ABTA are going to hold anyone to the usual 14 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
      6 positive tests in the Premier League, out of 748 players, which is probably as low as could be expected in the circumstances - three unnamed clubs concerned.
      Mariappa at Watford said he tested positive, along with two others so far unnamed. Burnley said that assistant manager Ian Woan had tested positive.

Comment

The other two positive results at watford are staff rather than players. I must say that i'm impressed that a maximum of 3 players have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          I'm not sure I'd say "sneaky", they've sent that out as an e-mail and it's highlighted on the website, twitter and Facebook.

I do wonder if they'll send out something in the mail for people who don't communicate online too though.
          My 13 year old son had a letter today with the same information regarding his season ticket today (as he's clearly not on their e-mail database) so they definitely are contacting all ST holders by whatever is the best medium.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-05-2020, 13:04.

Comment

English Football League: Promotion and relegation to remain if seasons curtailed.

Full EFL statement here.

Comment

The EFL has confirmed that 51% of Championship, League One and League Two clubs need to agree for the campaign in each division to be curtailed.
              So potentially the season could be curtailed despite 11 of the 24 clubs in a division opposing it. I suppose it has to be done otherwise this drags out all summer but it probably means that a lot of clubs will be pissed off. Lack of consensus is a worry going forward because they need unity not division in a crisis.

Comment

Comment

Jolly has amended his stat so that it now refers to Crewe, after someone pointed out Notts County's participation in the Anglo-Italian Cup.

Comment

Sanchez gives La Liga permission to resume from June 8th.

Comment

An update

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                        Sanchez gives La Liga permission to resume from June 8th.
                        Report https://www.theguardian.com/football...ee-month-break

Comment

So looks like we’re getting relegated next week then.
                          Seen a lot of views saying PPG is the only way, tell that to Jersey, South Shields and Vauxhall Motors.
                          If the season is finished, it’s finished and that includes the Play Offs, I think our main hope is they never get round to having them.

Got me thinking what would have happened if this had happened with 15 games to go - surely voided, or with 5 games to go - carry on? 10 games seems the sweet spot where PPG seems ‘reasonable’ which is unfortunate.

Comment

Unnamed Bournemouth player is one of two new cases, no details on the other.

Comment

Wimbledon have just sent this out. I would assume they will have a higher percentage of season ticket holders waive the refund than most, if not all, clubs :
                              Citation needed for the claim that Wimbledon fans are more virtuous / love their club more than other fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Baptiste View Post
                                So looks like we’re getting relegated next week then.
                                Seen a lot of views saying PPG is the only way, tell that to Jersey, South Shields and Vauxhall Motors.
                                If the season is finished, it’s finished and that includes the Play Offs, I think our main hope is they never get round to having them.

Got me thinking what would have happened if this had happened with 15 games to go - surely voided, or with 5 games to go - carry on? 10 games seems the sweet spot where PPG seems ‘reasonable’ which is unfortunate.
                                The seeming range of differing solutions throughout the pyramid is incredibly frustrating and unsatisfactory.

I would reluctantly understand the PL having a separate plan from the rest of football as selfish exceptionalism is their raison d'?tre but the Football League and FA really should have imposed some consistency on the other tiers. The absurdity of D4 being potentially allowed to agree a different resolution to D3 and D2 is particularly stark.

Given that the FL have said they are insisting on relegation at all levels down to the Conference has there been any hint as to what will happen with the "spare" FL place left by Bury?
                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 24-05-2020, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Citation needed for the claim that Wimbledon fans are more virtuous / love their club more than other fans.
                                  Don't be a prick, they're simply a fan-owned club with an established recent history of regular major fundraising drives.

Comment

Don't be a prick, they're simply a fan-owned club with an established recent history of regular major fundraising drives.
                                    Lots of clubs are depending on fans to put their club's finances ahead of getting a few quid back, and even to buy a ST for next year with no guarantee they are going to get to watch games the way they used to. I don't think there will be much difference between fanbases.

Comment

The seeming range of differing solutions throughout the pyramid is incredibly frustrating and unsatisfactory.

I would reluctantly understand the PL having a separate plan from the rest of football as selfish exceptionalism is their raison d'?tre but the Football League and FA really should have imposed some consistency on the other tiers. The absurdity of D4 being potentially allowed to agree a different resolution to D3 and D2 is particularly absurd.

Given that the FL have said they are insisting on relegation at all levels down to the Conference has there been any hint as to what will happen with the "spare" FL place left by Bury?
                                      I presume that virtually every league AGM this summer will be putting into place regulations to cover a season ending with games left to play.

Comment

Meanwhile, in Brighton -
                                        ​​​​​​

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/st...47961381490688

Comment

The 4 League of Ireland clubs due to play in Europe this season were tested for Covid 19 today. The plan is for a top four tournament in Landsdowne road at the start of July, with the league restarting a few weeks later.

Comment

Am I the only person surprised at the relatively low number of positive tests in the Premier League restart program so far? It seems fortuitous.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                              Am I the only person surprised at the relatively low number of positive tests in the Premier League restart program so far? It seems fortuitous.
                                              This is not a hard disease to avoid if you have a garden, don't have to go out for work, and can get your shopping delivered. And it's 10 weeks since players went into lockdown, anyone who had caught it before lockdown, has long since recovered from it.

Comment

Maybe the unlucky ones caught it from the masseuse who visits on Thursdays?

Comment

Sorry, but I find this bloke's work irresistable.

Comment

I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that there's a strong chance he might maintain that honour for a week or two.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X