Change a letter, different player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change a letter, different player

Yesterday Bristol Rovers brought on a sub called Timmy Abraham. Not sure if he's related to Tammy Abraham. Kind of hope he is.

Wondering how many more of these one letter differentiated players there might be.

Tammy and Timmy are brothers. I am unaware if they have other siblings called Temmy, Tommy or Tummy.

Comment

Zeb, you've made my night

Comment

Got lucky taking a punt on George West.

Comment

Pele
          Pepe
          (Nick) Pope
          Hope (Solo)
          (Joachim) Hopp

Comment

Micky Adams / Nicky Adams

Comment

Kevin Keegan / Kevin Keelan

Comment

Stefan Kuntz / Kiko Casilla

Comment

Mark Bright / Mark Wright

Comment

In the mid-1990s, HSV had Markus Schupp and Markus Schopp in the same squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      Yesterday Bristol Rovers brought on a sub called Timmy Abraham. Not sure if he's related to Tammy Abraham. Kind of hope he is.

Wondering how many more of these one letter differentiated players there might be.
                      Timmy and Tammy are both nick names.

Their real names are (genuinely) Jason and Kevin.

That makes them sound like they should be having a dance off on an early episode of Hitman and Her, live from Spirals nightclub in Yate.

Jason Timiebi Ogheneobrucheme Bakumo-Abraham

Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham

Makes Forbes Phillipson-Masters sound reasonable.

Does any footballer have a longer name than Ogheneobrucheme?
                      Last edited by Big Boobs and FIRE!; 01-03-2020, 23:15.

Comment

Filling in forms which require your full name must be a nightmare for those two.

Comment

Probably explains why refs dont book them quite as much as they should.

Edit - On review, I was actually mistaking Tammy Abraham for that dirty bastard Tyrone Mings. Mings used to work at the Wetherspoons in Chippenham and could not pull a pint of Ruddles County if his life depended on it.
                          Last edited by Big Boobs and FIRE!; 01-03-2020, 23:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
                            My first thought was to go for a Madagascan - Baggio Rakotonomenjanahary takes us up from 15 to 19.

Comment

Ah yes, an old favourite. The scourge of the Swiss regional leagues PA announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
                                When I refereed at county level a few years ago, there was a player called Ifeolvwagbemileke Ojumu.

Chapeau to the one referee who cautioned him in five seasons.

EDIT: Sorry, while doing my research I missed that 3CR had raised the bar to 19.
                                Last edited by irony towers; 01-03-2020, 23:49.

Comment

Former Scunthorpe, current Rotherham loanee Hakeeb Adelakun's wiki lists his full name as
                                  Hakeeb Adeola Abiola Ayinde O. O. J. Adelakun
                                  Not sure what the O. O. J. stand for, other than somebody thought "how many names? I'm not typing all that out in full"

He should have taken up cricket, he would make W. P. U. J. C. Vaas look like an amateur.

Linking back to the OP, Hakeeb's older brother Hakeem Adelakun is also a footballer, and was implicated (and cleared at trial) in the Whitehawk matchfixing trial a few years ago.

Comment

Late 90s Stockport striker Alan Bailey, and Derby and Cambridge (70s) striker Alan Biley.

Comment

Former England goalkeeper Chris Woods retired before he could face New Zealand striker Chris Wood.

Now realise I'm writing an 'add a letter' thread rather than change a letter.

Comment

Inter Milan had that moneybags owner Massimo Moratti, who spent a fortune on many a shit player whilst letting all the goods one go cheaply, but I'm sure they had another guy on the board around the same time who was called Massimo Moretti.

Comment

Gary M. Stevens and Gary A. Stevens in England's 1986 World Cup squad, which also included Trevor Steven.

Comment

Frank Lampard Snr. and Frank Lampard Jnr.

Ahem.

Comment

Stuart Taylor / Stuart Naylor

Comment

Andreas Müller and Andreas Möller both played for Schalke.

Comment

Karl and Carl Robinson - managers of Oxford Utd and Newcastle Jets respectively

Comment

Working...
                                                  X