Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Insert pun here] - weekend matchgoing 22 Feb (etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Insert pun here] - weekend matchgoing 22 Feb (etc)

Saturday I'm hoping to see Barry v Caernarfon in the Cymru Premier phase 2. Crossing my fingers for a Barry win and a decent ref.

I couldn't think of a pun. Sorry.

Probably Royston vs Hednesford. As long as it is still on as it's going to be another very windy day according to the forecasts.

Comment

First home game since NYD (?) for me, as I watch Fat Crook Steve Evans' Gillingham brutalise their way to an inevitable win at Sincil Bank, with Akinde playing a blinder no doubt.

Comment

St Helens vs Sydney Roosters in the Rugby League World Club Challenge, as both won their respective competitions last year.

When I actually think of it, it’s quite something to think that my Dad’s hometown, a relatively small glass town, is playing in a game that could see them crowned the best club Rugby League side on the planet.

I expect a defeat but despite the brief sadness, I will be quite pleased that I’ve seen the Roosters in the flesh, again. They have some frightening players.

Comment

Cheltenham v Mansfield

Hoping to cement our place in the playoffs against a Mansfield team that have been awful this season. I may be there with a hangover as I'm out tonight and don't get to drink too often these days. Hopefully the fresh air will do me good.

Comment

Leyton Orient v Oldham

Hoping to meet up with some of the Push The Boundary people from Oldham, to discuss owner-toppling and the likes. A thoroughly meh match is in prospect

Comment

Swindon Town v Grimsby Town - another big away test for us.

Comment

Wales v France in the Six Nations tomorrow, a pivotal game in both our & their campaign and for our new coaching set up.

I may get along to some more rugby tonight as Esher play Barnes in the English National League 2 South in a rare Friday night fixture. Still a shock to see Esher back at a level where their local derbies are clubs like Barnes and Sutton & Epsom rather than more storied opponents.

Comment

Chelsea v Spurs.

Lunchtime KO.

It'll be grim.

Comment

Brentford v Blackburn Rovers

I'm getting rather fed up with having to play teams just when they're having their best run of the season. Blackburn are the form team in the division.

Even Luton, who we play on Tuesday, have won their last two games.

Comment

It's looking likely that Walthamstow v Takeley will be off, so in decending order, here's my hopes:

March Town United v Leiston
                      New Bradwell St Peter v Mursley United
                      Hambleden v Keens Park Rangers
                      Milton Under Wychwood v Carterton Town
                      Leverstock Green v Newport Pagnell Town
                      Haywards Heath v Sevenoaks
                      Lye Town v Stourport Swifts

I'm not to hopeful for those either.

Comment

In theory Shrewsbury Town vs Doncaster Rovers

Though I'm meeting a friend in Birmingham late morning, and if I'm enjoying that I might just sack the football off. The thought of having to get straight on a bus on arrival at Shrewsbury to get out to another nondescript out of town stadium doesn't exactly thrill me.

Comment

Argyle v Cambridge

This looks like a tough one with Cambridge having won their last four and us having missed a chance to go joint top with our draw at Macclesfield during the week. Mrs G is attending which worries me as her record watching Argyle isn't good. I'm not even sure she's seen us win.

Comment

Bohemians away to Waterford tonight, straight from bus to bed because I'm up Saturday to finally put my brother's ashes in the cremation wall in the cemetery (don't ask, I might rant about it on mundane later), then it's Dublin Gaelic football against Meath I think, on Saturday night, before Bohs again, home to Sligo on Monday.

Comment

Don't think there's going to be a huge amount on on grass tomorrow, so I think I'm going to go to Hartford v Knowsley South in the Cheshire League on the 3G pitch at the Cheshire FA in Northwich. Should be a comfortable home win as Hartford have won once all season, whilst Knowsley are in the mix for promotion.

On Sunday I'm going to watch Everton v Manchester United in the WSL. This will be Everton's first game at the Liverpool FA ground - they should have moved earlier in the season but overruns in the improvement works have seen the date put back two Ron three times.

Comment

Bath City are playing London's* fashionable Dulwich Hamlet. The visitors have turned a fairly perfunctory end-of-half-term fixture into something that appears to involve me attending a string of meetings with their supporters in some sort of community club love-in. Having said that, they are in pubs so really it is just a string of 'having a drink'. Actually, after a mini-slump, we have achieved two back-to-back wins in order, due to the vagaries of this season's division south, means that we are firmly ensconced in the play-off places that we weren't really threatening to drop out of (if you ignore my, I expect, hysterical match reports of a couple of weeks ago). The elephant in the room is that both of those wins were away from home and, possibly, the team play better away from a crowd that is easy to turn and, also, appears to have something against our manager. Not an unfamiliar scenario for a lot of supporters, I expect.

*NotreallyLondon

Comment

Waterford 0 Bohemians 2

Another horrible night for watching football, Bohs grabbed all three points just before half time, first with an O.G when the Waterford centre back got himself in a mess and headed into his own goal. A couple of minutes later Danny Mandriou won and converted a handy penalty and that was that.

Comment

No game for us this weekend though just popping in to suggest 'Lord love a duck' as the pun, since Saturday's date is made entirely of loves (0) and ducks (2) 22/02/2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                      Bath City are playing London's* fashionable Dulwich Hamlet.

*NotreallyLondon
                                      Hamlet are "not really London"? They have one of the most central grounds in the city.

Comment

Didn't think I'd be taking part in this thread this weekend, but I'm dragging my young lad along to the WACA for the Women's 20/20 World Cup match between West Indies and Thailand. It's a double-header with New Zealand v Sri Lanka on after it, but I'll be surprised if I can keep my lad's attention going just to the end of game 1. I've loaded the bag full of food, so that should at least keep him entertained for 30 mins.

Comment

I'm off to Atlético Paso against Tenerife B tomorrow. If the crowd's sparse and the game's boring, I might amuse myself by scribbling furiously in my notepad and bellowing in German into my phone, in the hope that people will take me for a HSV scout or somesuch.

Comment

Woking v Stockport County. The Cards have won all four previous meetings between the clubs

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Hamlet are "not really London"? They have one of the most central grounds in the city.
                                              Yeah that's a strange one to claim as not London.

Comment

I really hope the bus to Dulwich Hamlet is the 2B

Comment

Then if you're debating catching the bus or getting an uber it would be "2B or not 2B"

Comment

Working...
                                                  X