Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new WSC with the 'Ammers on the front

Arrived today.

Mine arrived yesterday. I also got the copy belonging to another subscriber who lives two streets away and popped it round. So anyone who doesn't receive their mag this month can at least take comfort in my not knowing where you live.

Comment

Is Tim Manns on here? He's got another letter published.

Comment

They've let me loose again in this one (a bit earlier than the letters pages).

Comment

Arrived in Germany already. We must have a new post-person.

Comment

There is one line in the Harry Pearson column that I have found so funny I think it's worth the annual subscription just for that. I tried to read out the paragraph to Mrs Thistle, but couldn't stop laughing when I reached that sentence.

Comment

Really surprised to find out that Neil Franklin only played six games in Colombia before returning. At least Charlie Mitten lasted a full season.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                Arrived in Germany already. We must have a new post-person.
                It's even made it to deepest Transylvania. That's only 3 days after UK subscribers got it, based on this thread. Unheard of. Scenes. Or some such modern idiom.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

It's even made it to deepest Transylvania. That's only 3 days after UK subscribers got it, based on this thread. Unheard of. Scenes. Or some such modern idiom.
                  Couldn't they have dropped off a copy at my place when they were on the way to yours?

Comment

Sadly not made it to Harrow by this morning...

Comment

Dude, we're talking about places that you can actually find on a map.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
                        They've let me loose again in this one (a bit earlier than the letters pages).
                        It’s the obvious one I presume? Lovely stuff. Thought it summed to whole situation up really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmer View Post

It’s the obvious one I presume? Lovely stuff. Thought it summed to whole situation up really well.
                          It is indeed, and thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

The phrase you want is "absolute limbs".

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                              Dude, we're talking about places that you can actually find on a map.
                              They've got a better map; it turned up yesterday...

Comment

Red Letter Day!
                                The distributors found Holland!

Comment

When you submit an article, do you get an acknowledgment from the editor or do you just wait to see if it shows up in the magazine?

Comment

I've just waited.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      When you submit an article, do you get an acknowledgment from the editor or do you just wait to see if it shows up in the magazine?
                                      Hello. The editor will always let someone know if they are to to be published in WSC. Did you submit an article recently?

Comment

Yes, sent it on Saturday.

Comment

So far (I'm half way through), I very much enjoyed the two pieces about Birmingham City. I assume the sentence of Harry Pearson's that gave PT so much pleasure was the one about garden ponds and ringworm.

Comment

No. It was the burger at Fratton Park.

Comment

Originally posted by rich View Post
                                              Hello. The editor will always let someone know if they are to to be published in WSC. Did you submit an article recently?
                                              That's me told...

Comment

I've just read my copy and it has got the posting details for a subscriber from New Zealand printed over page 8. Hopefully this doesn't mean said subscriber missed out on their copy. Could even be teerex of this parish (would tag if I knew how to)?

Comment

tee rex WFD wants your attention (see previous post)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X