One for some of you on here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for some of you on here...

Two of Ghanaian football’s finest, winners of 44 Ghanaian titles between them, are playing in London in a friendly...at Barnet...on a Saturday night.

I’m sure someone can incorporate it into a twofer.

You've had a mare here, Jumbo McGinnis.

Comment

Poncy Italian lager messing me up here.

Anyway Hearts of Oak vs Asante Kotoko at The Hive, 6pm 07/03/20.

Comment

Ex work colleague is a massive Hearts of Oak fan,he was impressed that I heard of them, pity he's in Dublin.

Comment

I'd love to see that game but 6pm on a Saturday is a crap kick off time for it. I wonder if it's aimed at their domestic TV?

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think John Peel used to talk about Heats Of Oak. I think another Africa football team he used to enthuse about are the marvellously named Eleven Men In Flight.

Comment

Accra is the same time zone as London, so I wonder if the reason for the early kickoff is to allow Ghanaian fans to get back home that night. It is the day after Ghanaian Independence Day and the promoters are selling travel packages for the long weekend that include Premier League tickets/tours for the weekend.

I recently met a young guy who spent a summer interning for Hearts in Accra and had a great experience there.

Comment

Yeah, i checked the time zone, I wondered if Saturday tea time was a popular slot there.

I would have thought wanting to offer the opportunity to double up with another game for Ghanaian fans (which is what I would have done) would have led to a later kick off time like 7:45/8pm to allow travel from a 3pm match.

Comment

Barnet’s U18 team play MK Dons’ 18s at 11 that day. I presume they play somewhere on the facilities of The Hive. Edgware Town are at home to Eynesbury at 3pm. I’m not sure if Edgware is the closest possible 3pm but it’s the first close one I found.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    It is the day after Ghanaian Independence Day
                    Lord Kitchener earworm:

Comment

Working...
                    X