Football stickers (not the Panini kind)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football stickers (not the Panini kind)

I seem to remember someone here being interested in these (might have been Ray de Galles)

Saw these today at Cathays railway station in Cardiff.

Pretty sure this is a Gashead one as well - same location

Comment

British stickers are, largely, utter rubbish. European ones are much better.

Comment

The endless Adidas or British Rail logo ones are a bit tedious. There are some more imaginative ones out there though...

Comment

Spotted yesterday on my walk to the doctors surgery

Comment

From my phone archive. This pillar under the South Stand at the Meadow has since had all these removed

Comment

That third one down looks like it's from the new order technique album. I remember it came with a set of stickers. I stuck mine on the actual sleeve.

Comment

See these most often in the Jacks, at non-league grounds, besides more random ones, close to, or at stations...

Clapton, Whitehawk & Eastbourne Borough have the most impressive collections, from memory...

Comment

Good work from West London...

Comment

One of my matchgoing friends who is something of a sticker enthusiast was telling us he got pulled out of the crowd at Bromley last week and was told he was being arrested for "temporary criminal damage" (which to me sounds completely made up) for having put up a sticker somewhere in the ground. Ended up not getting officially nicked as the sticker was able to be peeled off, but was assured he would have been carted off had it been stuck fast. They quite possibly didn't want to detain him any longer after he gave them a long and detailed lecture about football fan culture.

Comment

Some more stickers from the same area I saw the David Brooks one. The English Pigs one says "Wales Away" in the corner that folded over inconveniently just as I took the photo

Comment

This reminds me I've got a box full of Doncaster Rovers / popular STAND stickers here that I always forget to take to Rovers games; designs including a Happy Mondays-inspired tribute to James Coppinger, a 'This Girl Khan' design for Belles' Pakistani international Nadia Khan, and others that are 'Against Modern Banter'. Will bung a load in my pocket for Saturday so I can stick them over the usual bellended ones about cocaine that I find in Rovers away ends.

Comment

I like the sound of the Against Modern Banter ones.

Does anyone "collect" these by trading or swapping them instead of just taking photos?

Comment

Niche jokes

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              Does anyone "collect" these by trading or swapping them instead of just taking photos?
                              Absolutely. When I mentioned I'd got some City stickers with me in a pub full of AC Milan fans before the Champions League game in Newcastle, it was like being back at school when word gets out in the playground that you've got a spare of the rarest shiny in the current Panini album – an instant greedy swarm.

Comment

Oh, OK, so currently it's Uros Predic and Jobi1 who I need to smile at and ask for a sticker

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  I like the sound of the Against Modern Banter ones.

I don't. It's more that I got a load printed when editing the fanzine and then kept forgetting to do anything with them.

Comment

I've done some things that could be used as stickers

Last edited by Kowalski; 04-04-2024, 19:14.

Comment

This was done before our first 0-0 of the season

A couple of weeks later it needed adapting

Comment

Can't believe there were no likes for Jason King!

Comment

Well those are the times we're living in.

My sources tell me that "websites" provide template sticker designs and you just need to add your club's name and or badge.

I've seen a few stickers on the street furniture of Manchester, Sheffield and Liverpool this week

Last edited by Kowalski; 05-04-2024, 15:09.

Comment

Mirror in the bathroom (Dalymount Park)

Comment

The Jolly Roger near St. Pauli's ground has an area covered in stickers like this, I think it's an ever-changing view as people keep applying new ones.

Comment

I was thinking how a board in an away end inviting people to add stickers could make an interesting art project.

Comment

There are impromptu boards line that near a number of Continental grounds, often on directional signs between the station and the ground

Comment

Working...
                                                  X