No announcement yet.

2020 Copa Libertadores / 2020 Copa Sudamericana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things go from bad to worse for River. Carrascal sent off for a wild tackle on Gabriel Menino.

And from the free kick, Vina gets the third!

Comment

Porco Power

Comment

Well that’s my prediction out the window. A whole host of chances missed by River and Palmeiras made them pay for it.

The commentator in the UK really needs to learn his stadiums, he kept referring to the Monumental as the venue.

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
          The commentator in the UK really needs to learn his stadiums, he kept referring to the Monumental as the venue.
          That's pretty lazy.

Comment

In recent years, Palmeiras have been known as a club which has spent big and assembled a large and expensive squad. However, they also have a very productive youth system. From the people who brought you Gabriel Jesus, there are now two more Gabriels - Veron and Menino. Veron didn't feature last night but Menino, along with Danilo and Patrick de Paula formed a midfield trio with a total age of just 60 years. Very impressive.

Abel Ferreira is also worth a mention. Palmeiras have won 12 out of 18 games since he arrived in October and we now have the possibility of successive Libertadores winners with Portuguese managers.

Comment

Boca 0 Santos 0. A rather disappointing match. Boca had the better chances in the first half but Santos had the better of it after the break but offered little up front with Kaio Jorge anonymous and Marinho having one of those games where he flatters to deceive. Nonetheless, he did have what looked like a definite penalty ruled out by the referee who didn't even consult VAR. Tevez was busy but largely ineffective

I watched the BBC coverage. The co-commentator was Nigel Reo-Coker who presented himself as some sort of South American expert but his analysis never rose above the level of 'You have to take your chances when you are on top' and 'Players need to make better decisions'. Couldn't they have got Tim Vickery to help out instead?
              Last edited by cantagalo; 07-01-2021, 11:05.

Comment

The game was absolutely terrible. Definitely a penalty, no connection with the ball.

Comment

I fell asleep to the second half of that, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

That's pretty lazy.
                    Especially it was in Independiente's stadium!

The 9 minute Brassseeeeooo highlights here....
                    ​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWolrZPEsmE

The 5 minute Argentinian highlights here...
                    ​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBpyWbOrYr4&t=3s

Comment

You might have thought this was over after the first leg but River have taken a 2-0 half-time lead.

Looks like I'll have to stay up for the second half now but I'll switch to a Brazilian stream because Nigel Reo-Coker is doing my head in again.

Comment

Oh my God. 0-3. Montiel completely unmarked on the far post.

No. Ruled out by VAR and I have no idea why.

Comment

A very harsh offside in the build-up.

But it looks like just a matter of time before River equalise.
                          Last edited by cantagalo; 13-01-2021, 01:52.

Comment

River down to 10.

And now they get a penalty!

Or or do they? VAR check.

No penalty. I think they just about got that right.

Comment

Palmeiras hanging on. But NINE minutes of added time.

Comment

A 99th minute penalty check!

Comment

DRAMA

Comment

OFFSIDE?!

Comment

Offside given. If it hadn't I think it would have been a penalty.

River really haven't had a break tonight.

Comment

And in the 103rd minute, it's all over. Palmeiras very lucky to be in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                                          Offside given. If it hadn't I think it would have been a penalty.

River really haven't had a break tonight.
                                          About KOTTDAMN TIME. Then those players all incredulous and pissy because the contract is signed that they always get those calls.

Still quite an impressive fight. But what I wouldn't have given to see that in front of a hot Palmeiras crowd with the Mancha Verde.

I will always remember Denilson's astonishing march to a red card against Cerro two years ago... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MUTCCIJmpc

Comment

Could be another good one tonight.

Marinho hits the post after 30 seconds.

Comment

1-0 Santos. Diego Pituca puts in the loose ball after a Boca defender had handled it.

Comment

2-0. Brilliant strike from Soteldo.

Comment

3-0. Lucas Braga after great work from Marinho.

Comment

Frank Fabra off after an outrageous stamp on Marinho's stomach. Boca falling apart.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X