DRAMA

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    A 99th minute penalty check!

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Palmeiras hanging on. But NINE minutes of added time.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    River down to 10.

And now they get a penalty!

Or or do they? VAR check.

No penalty. I think they just about got that right.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    A very harsh offside in the build-up.

But it looks like just a matter of time before River equalise.
    Last edited by cantagalo; 13-01-2021, 01:52.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Oh my God. 0-3. Montiel completely unmarked on the far post.

No. Ruled out by VAR and I have no idea why.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    You might have thought this was over after the first leg but River have taken a 2-0 half-time lead.

Looks like I'll have to stay up for the second half now but I'll switch to a Brazilian stream because Nigel Reo-Coker is doing my head in again.

Leave a comment:

• jason voorhees
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporting View Post

That's pretty lazy.
    Especially it was in Independiente's stadium!

The 9 minute Brassseeeeooo highlights here....
    ​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWolrZPEsmE

The 5 minute Argentinian highlights here...
    ​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBpyWbOrYr4&t=3s

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    I fell asleep to the second half of that, as well.

Leave a comment:

• torres
    replied
    The game was absolutely terrible. Definitely a penalty, no connection with the ball.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Boca 0 Santos 0. A rather disappointing match. Boca had the better chances in the first half but Santos had the better of it after the break but offered little up front with Kaio Jorge anonymous and Marinho having one of those games where he flatters to deceive. Nonetheless, he did have what looked like a definite penalty ruled out by the referee who didn't even consult VAR. Tevez was busy but largely ineffective

I watched the BBC coverage. The co-commentator was Nigel Reo-Coker who presented himself as some sort of South American expert but his analysis never rose above the level of 'You have to take your chances when you are on top' and 'Players need to make better decisions'. Couldn't they have got Tim Vickery to help out instead?
    Last edited by cantagalo; 07-01-2021, 11:05.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    In recent years, Palmeiras have been known as a club which has spent big and assembled a large and expensive squad. However, they also have a very productive youth system. From the people who brought you Gabriel Jesus, there are now two more Gabriels - Veron and Menino. Veron didn't feature last night but Menino, along with Danilo and Patrick de Paula formed a midfield trio with a total age of just 60 years. Very impressive.

Abel Ferreira is also worth a mention. Palmeiras have won 12 out of 18 games since he arrived in October and we now have the possibility of successive Libertadores winners with Portuguese managers.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Originally posted by torres View Post
    The commentator in the UK really needs to learn his stadiums, he kept referring to the Monumental as the venue.
    That's pretty lazy.

Leave a comment:

• torres
    replied
    Well that’s my prediction out the window. A whole host of chances missed by River and Palmeiras made them pay for it.

The commentator in the UK really needs to learn his stadiums, he kept referring to the Monumental as the venue.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Porco Power

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Things go from bad to worse for River. Carrascal sent off for a wild tackle on Gabriel Menino.

And from the free kick, Vina gets the third!

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Wow. First minute of the second half. Luiz Adriano. 0-2.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Rony puts Palmeiras ahead at half-time against the run of play.

Leave a comment:

• jason voorhees
    replied
    Tonight
    River v Palmeiras
    Buenos Aires

Tomorrow
    Boca v Santos
    Buenos Aires

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    Originally posted by torres View Post
    EIM. Who did you watch when you were out there? I’m looking to get out there for some games in the near future but I don’t really follow anyone closely, just the Libertadores in general.

Anyway a deserved win for Boca, I thought,although I think River will make up for last season’s final defeat and win it this time.
    Vasco v Bangu in Brazil
    River Plate v Tigre in Argentina

I'll write more later when I'm not locked out of my house with a load of shopping like a silly fucking dickhead.

Leave a comment:

• torres
    replied
    EIM. Who did you watch when you were out there? I’m looking to get out there for some games in the near future but I don’t really follow anyone closely, just the Libertadores in general.

Anyway a deserved win for Boca, I thought,although I think River will make up for last season’s final defeat and win it this time.

Leave a comment:

• jason voorhees
    replied
    Boca - Santos
    River Plate - Palmeiras

Sao Paulo v Buenos Aires

Leave a comment:

• EIM
    replied
    I'm delighted i can watch this on the BBC. It's coming up to two years since I was in South America, but it may as well have been two lifetimes ago. Football without fans in England is weird, but in Argentina, and the continent as a whole, it's unimaginable. I spent more time watching the crowd at the matches I went to than I did the football.
    Last edited by EIM; 24-12-2020, 02:22.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    It has been a good game

Quite a few chances on both ends and less gratuitous violence than usual

Racing only need one to fo through on away goals and have come close

Leave a comment:

Working...
X