Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football clubs and terrorist links

st Pauli listed on the British Government indicators of left wing terrorism

(good response from Welsh playerJamie Lawrence)

[URL]https://twitter.com/fcstpauli/status/1218467130670297088?s=21[/URL]

Chelsea fans with far right connections guilty of assaulting Owen Jones

[URL]https://twitter.com/danlevene/status/1217903583028486144?s=21[/URL]
    defence claims that far right symbols are part of being a Chelsea supporter

Philip McGhee, prosecuting, said that on one of the badges was written “Combat 18 and white power”, with a St George’s flag in the centre, overlaid with a snarling bull dog. Another badge featured a “sun cross” – a white supremacist symbol – used by White Pride Worldwide with the “whatever it takes” motto of Combat 18 and “lead the way” used by the Loyalist Volunteer Force.

“The person who possesses these items has sympathy for white supremacists, far-right, and homophobic organisations,” McGhee said, adding that they would therefore “bear antipathy for those on the left wing of the political spectrum and those with a non-heterosexual sexual orientation”.

But Matthew Radstone, for the defence, said that the insignia and memorabilia had no relevance to the attack and should not be considered as evidence by the judge. Radstone said his client had previous football-related convictions, that he was part of a “risk group” of Chelsea supporters and that possession of the items was “consistent with Mr Healy being a Chelsea football supporter”.

What is Jamie Lawrence's response? Is it him who wrote the stuff that accompanies the photos?

Comment

He wrote the “Anti-fascist... what’s not to like” post on instagram.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Not fully sure why this is relevant to Chelsea though. The bloke's a racist thug, and also a Chelsea fan. He might also like Blur, but that wouldn't be Blur's fault.

Comment

Except that being a Chelsea fan is his defence (He owns a bunch of extreme right wing stuff "because" he's a Chelsea supporter, according to his lawyer)

Comment

The pub 6 a side team is sponsored by one of the groups listed. Cool.

Comment

I would dearly love to see a team with ACAB on the front of their shirts.

Comment

UK Uncut are on there as well.

That's an odd defence from the lawyer and one I hope Chelsea will actively distance themselves from.

Comment

Clearly, Greenpeace are dangerous.

Comment

I'm surprised Yes Cymru aren't on the list tbh. See their flags at football matches all the time.

Comment

No one's mentioned Arsenal yet. Ad hoc, you're getting slow.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                          Except that being a Chelsea fan is his defence (He owns a bunch of extreme right wing stuff "because" he's a Chelsea supporter, according to his lawyer)
                          Dan Levene has written about the links between Chelsea fans and the far right

[URL]https://twitter.com/owenjones84/status/1218550224387543041?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            No one's mentioned Arsenal yet. Ad hoc, you're getting slow.
                            My arguments against Arsenal, while often extreme and deeply subjective, are rooted in truth. Arbitrarily accusing the club of being a haven for fascism when I have encountered zero evidence (or even rumour) would render the righteousness of my hatred null and void.

Comment

I thought the Bin Laden thing was reasonably well established. (I was also being flippant, given that most of my sensible thoughts on the matter at this stage have been voiced above by others.)

Comment

Obviously (I hope) I was being flippant too. Yes, the Bin Laden thing is true (afaik), but he wasn't really a public fan, forever saying Wenger Out on twitter. The public fan that right-thinking* Arsenal fans must loathe the most would be Piers Morgan I'd guess.

(*Right-thinking, not, erm, right-thinking)

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...nst-owen-jones

The man found guilty of the aggravated assault of Owen Jones had many links to the extreme right, seemingly starting from his support of Chelsea.

Edit: Nef has already mentioned this but used a different link so it's not quite repetition.
                                  Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 19-01-2020, 08:34.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51107343

Hakan Şükür is called a terrorist by Erdoğan, he's now in exile in the USA with all his assets frozen in Turkey. He's a supporter of Fetullah Gülen, as is the NBA star Enes Kanter, but he's one of the lucky ones as he was able to get out of Turkey.

At the moment he can never return.

Comment

At least one paramilitary has been imprisoned while the current Irish League leading goalscorer

Comment

And Gerry Adams son played for Antrim footballers for a number of years, not that Gerry, or his son, were ever terrorists, and I could have got a game for Antrim footballers.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                          https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...nst-owen-jones

The man found guilty of the aggravated assault of Owen Jones had many links to the extreme right, seemingly starting from his support of Chelsea.

Edit: Nef has already mentioned this but used a different link so it's not quite repetition.
                                          Just how fucking stupid do two people called Liam tracey and james healy have to be to get involved with the fucking LVF?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                            And Gerry Adams son played for Antrim footballers for a number of years, not that Gerry, or his son, were ever terrorists, and I could have got a game for Antrim footballers
                                            That's a shame. I thought it was the Saffrons' boghockeyers that were particularly rubbish?

Originally posted by Berbaslug
                                            Just how fucking stupid do two people called Liam tracey and james healy have to be to get involved with the fucking LVF?
                                            Would it be less stupid if they were called Billy and Sammy? I doubt the induction process for Chelsea-supporting toytown terrorists is that bothered what Church yer granda attended.

Comment

I’m surprised there’s been no mention of Celtic or Rangers thus far.

Comment

John 'Grugg' Gregg was a UDA leader murdered by internal rivals as he waited for a taxi at Belfast Port on the way home from watching Rangers. It was with him in mind that I always felt anxious on seeing half-remembered fellow ex pupils of Hillman Street Primary School aka the Romper Room (local slang for punishment beatings)

Comment

Working...
                                                X