X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by Benjm View Post
    It does look a bit fancy. I could create a reasonable likeness of the Bescot Stadium in five bricks, tops.
    Ever since the Kop closed I could now practically recreate the Racecourse with three.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Per The Lego Movie.
    Even the slur on the technics nerds? (Havnae seen the film)

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    I keep forgetting that Coventry's shitty owners are being allowed to fuck them so badly over and over

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    Well, 90, if you count Coventry and Birmingham as one.

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    Collector dads ruin everything. Though I suspect they are the main Lego market now, kids are incidental bar the insufferable technics nerds.
    Per The Lego Movie.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Is that really what Old Trafford looks like? It's a bit shit, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Are we going to have people trying to join the 92 club in lego?

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
    Surely this is going to be part of a much wider set?

I had one lego set as a child. It was supposed to be a train station or something, with a train track. I don't know if I ever built the train station, or simply used the pieces to build an endless stream of weapons of war, or guns. I seem to recall my parents deciding that I may have been too old for duplo, when I used it to make a reasonable facsimile of an Uzi. I shudder to think what I would have made out of a mecano set.
    Indeed, purely doing OT would be pointless without expanding to other British and European grounds, one would imagine.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Both my kids love lego. The four year old plays with Minecraft lego for several hours a day. That said, there is a clear structural break in their markets - the kids stuff (minecraft, Harry Potter, Movie, Friends, City) versus the Star Wars / Architecture / Space stuff they do which is absurdly expensive and targeted at adults.

The current catalog arrived in the post the other day and had this in it https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/i...estroyer-75252. $700. And boasting 2 minifigures!

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Collector dads ruin everything. Though I suspect they are the main Lego market now, kids are incidental bar the insufferable technics nerds.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Originally posted by seand View Post
    At £250 they've really captured the economics of modern football
    That is rather in line with lego pricing. it is astronomical how much these things cost nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• That Night In Barcelona
    replied
    They could do a Gigg Lane one and name it FC United.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Oof. There'll be letters.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    A plastic ground for plastic fans.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Press the explore button and accept cookies and it appears
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Surely this is going to be part of a much wider set?

I had one lego set as a child. It was supposed to be a train station or something, with a train track. I don't know if I ever built the train station, or simply used the pieces to build an endless stream of weapons of war, or guns. I seem to recall my parents deciding that I may have been too old for duplo, when I used it to make a reasonable facsimile of an Uzi. I shudder to think what I would have made out of a mecano set.

Leave a comment:

• seand
    replied
    At £250 they've really captured the economics of modern football

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    It does look a bit fancy. I could create a reasonable likeness of the Bescot Stadium in five bricks, tops.

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    There are a lot of stickers on that. Or possibly preprinted blocks. Which doesn't seem very LEGO.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    Does it come pre-assembled? And on a plate? I can't imagine the glory hunting fraternity would ever want to put in any effort to achieve a result.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Press the explore button and accept cookies and it appears

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Lego are producing a model of Old Trafford

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/o...r-united-10272

Link?

Just goes to a landing page, doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    There's an assumption on the Lego nerd sites that all football fans will be delighted by this.

It's a reminder that people who aren't into sports generally don't have a fucking clue how it works.
    As I've found with the number of people who've said "Why don't you just support another team?"

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    There's an assumption on the Lego nerd sites that all football fans will be delighted by this.

It's a reminder that people who aren't into sports generally don't have a fucking clue how it works.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X