X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Originally posted by Benjm View Post
    It does look a bit fancy. I could create a reasonable likeness of the Bescot Stadium in five bricks, tops.
    Ever since the Kop closed I could now practically recreate the Racecourse with three.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Per The Lego Movie.
    Even the slur on the technics nerds? (Havnae seen the film)

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    I keep forgetting that Coventry's shitty owners are being allowed to fuck them so badly over and over

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    Well, 90, if you count Coventry and Birmingham as one.

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    Collector dads ruin everything. Though I suspect they are the main Lego market now, kids are incidental bar the insufferable technics nerds.
    Per The Lego Movie.

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied
    Is that really what Old Trafford looks like? It's a bit shit, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• TonTon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Are we going to have people trying to join the 92 club in lego?

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
    Surely this is going to be part of a much wider set?

I had one lego set as a child. It was supposed to be a train station or something, with a train track. I don't know if I ever built the train station, or simply used the pieces to build an endless stream of weapons of war, or guns. I seem to recall my parents deciding that I may have been too old for duplo, when I used it to make a reasonable facsimile of an Uzi. I shudder to think what I would have made out of a mecano set.
    Indeed, purely doing OT would be pointless without expanding to other British and European grounds, one would imagine.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Both my kids love lego. The four year old plays with Minecraft lego for several hours a day. That said, there is a clear structural break in their markets - the kids stuff (minecraft, Harry Potter, Movie, Friends, City) versus the Star Wars / Architecture / Space stuff they do which is absurdly expensive and targeted at adults.

The current catalog arrived in the post the other day and had this in it https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/i...estroyer-75252. $700. And boasting 2 minifigures!

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Collector dads ruin everything. Though I suspect they are the main Lego market now, kids are incidental bar the insufferable technics nerds.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    Originally posted by seand View Post
    At 250 they've really captured the economics of modern football
    That is rather in line with lego pricing. it is astronomical how much these things cost nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• That Night In Barcelona
    replied
    They could do a Gigg Lane one and name it FC United.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Oof. There'll be letters.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    A plastic ground for plastic fans.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Press the explore button and accept cookies and it appears
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Surely this is going to be part of a much wider set?

I had one lego set as a child. It was supposed to be a train station or something, with a train track. I don't know if I ever built the train station, or simply used the pieces to build an endless stream of weapons of war, or guns. I seem to recall my parents deciding that I may have been too old for duplo, when I used it to make a reasonable facsimile of an Uzi. I shudder to think what I would have made out of a mecano set.

Leave a comment:

• seand
    replied
    At 250 they've really captured the economics of modern football

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    It does look a bit fancy. I could create a reasonable likeness of the Bescot Stadium in five bricks, tops.

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    There are a lot of stickers on that. Or possibly preprinted blocks. Which doesn't seem very LEGO.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    Does it come pre-assembled? And on a plate? I can't imagine the glory hunting fraternity would ever want to put in any effort to achieve a result.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Press the explore button and accept cookies and it appears

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Lego are producing a model of Old Trafford

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/o...r-united-10272

Link?

Just goes to a landing page, doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Giggler
    replied
    There's an assumption on the Lego nerd sites that all football fans will be delighted by this.

It's a reminder that people who aren't into sports generally don't have a fucking clue how it works.
    As I've found with the number of people who've said "Why don't you just support another team?"

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    There's an assumption on the Lego nerd sites that all football fans will be delighted by this.

It's a reminder that people who aren't into sports generally don't have a fucking clue how it works.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X