X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's ruined Lego for me... but EIM and TAB might be happy

Lego are producing a model of Old Trafford

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/o...r-united-10272

yeah, that was possibly a rather misjudged email to everyone on their mailing list.

Comment

Will it have leaky roofs?

Comment

There's an assumption on the Lego nerd sites that all football fans will be delighted by this.

It's a reminder that people who aren't into sports generally don't have a fucking clue how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          There's an assumption on the Lego nerd sites that all football fans will be delighted by this.

It's a reminder that people who aren't into sports generally don't have a fucking clue how it works.
          As I've found with the number of people who've said "Why don't you just support another team?"

Comment

Lego are producing a model of Old Trafford

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/o...r-united-10272

Link?

Just goes to a landing page, doesn't it?

Comment

Press the explore button and accept cookies and it appears

Comment

Does it come pre-assembled? And on a plate? I can't imagine the glory hunting fraternity would ever want to put in any effort to achieve a result.

Comment

There are a lot of stickers on that. Or possibly preprinted blocks. Which doesn't seem very LEGO.

Comment

It does look a bit fancy. I could create a reasonable likeness of the Bescot Stadium in five bricks, tops.

Comment

At £250 they've really captured the economics of modern football

Comment

Surely this is going to be part of a much wider set?

I had one lego set as a child. It was supposed to be a train station or something, with a train track. I don't know if I ever built the train station, or simply used the pieces to build an endless stream of weapons of war, or guns. I seem to recall my parents deciding that I may have been too old for duplo, when I used it to make a reasonable facsimile of an Uzi. I shudder to think what I would have made out of a mecano set.

Comment

Press the explore button and accept cookies and it appears
                          Cheers

Comment

A plastic ground for plastic fans.

Comment

Oof. There'll be letters.

Comment

They could do a Gigg Lane one and name it FC United.

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                                  At £250 they've really captured the economics of modern football
                                  That is rather in line with lego pricing. it is astronomical how much these things cost nowadays.

Comment

Collector dads ruin everything. Though I suspect they are the main Lego market now, kids are incidental bar the insufferable technics nerds.

Comment

Both my kids love lego. The four year old plays with Minecraft lego for several hours a day. That said, there is a clear structural break in their markets - the kids stuff (minecraft, Harry Potter, Movie, Friends, City) versus the Star Wars / Architecture / Space stuff they do which is absurdly expensive and targeted at adults.

The current catalog arrived in the post the other day and had this in it https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/i...estroyer-75252. $700. And boasting 2 minifigures!

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                        Surely this is going to be part of a much wider set?

I had one lego set as a child. It was supposed to be a train station or something, with a train track. I don't know if I ever built the train station, or simply used the pieces to build an endless stream of weapons of war, or guns. I seem to recall my parents deciding that I may have been too old for duplo, when I used it to make a reasonable facsimile of an Uzi. I shudder to think what I would have made out of a mecano set.
                                        Indeed, purely doing OT would be pointless without expanding to other British and European grounds, one would imagine.

Comment

Are we going to have people trying to join the 92 club in lego?

Comment

Comment

Is that really what Old Trafford looks like? It's a bit shit, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                Collector dads ruin everything. Though I suspect they are the main Lego market now, kids are incidental bar the insufferable technics nerds.
                                                Per The Lego Movie.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                                  Well, 90, if you count Coventry and Birmingham as one.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X