The new WSC with Lewis Dunk and Raul Jimenez on the cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
    Didn't like it or didn't think it was funny?
    Not funny.

Hope the Boro fans didn’t have to leave before their goal.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
        Hope the Boro fans didn't have to leave before their goal.
        Plenty did, and I know for a fact that not all were heading for a late train from Kings Cross. Thanks again TG. As I said, I took the Northumberland Park route. I took a leisurely walk there after the game finished. It was well-stewarded and I caught the second train through after I arrived. I passed through Kings Cross at 22:42 so anyone going for the 23:00 would have caught that easily if they had been with me. I don't know how those who went to Seven Sisters got on.

Comment

Glad the magazine gave up the bookmaker's coin, as there's no way they could have written that editorial otherwise. Bravo.

Comment

Indeed. I've finally had a look at the joke on the cover. Little mirth here. Either my sense of humour has changed or they were much better in the 80s and 90s. I much preferred this month's Scenes from Football History. And Frankfurt fans being banned from the Arsenal game had passed me by. Must keep up.

Comment

The Focus piece on Martin Peters, who's the player in the England shirt between him and Shilton?

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                The Focus piece on Martin Peters, who's the player in the England shirt between him and Shilton?

I think that it's Francis Lee.

Comment

No, hang on, it's Ralph Coates, his hair behaving itself for once.

I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                    No, hang on, it's Ralph Coates, his hair behaving itself for once.

I think.
                    Ah cheers. The hair threw me.

Comment

Even when the hair was behaving itself, there was an implicit threat that something could kick off at any moment.

Last edited by Benjm; 18-01-2020, 16:41.

Comment

Even when you are John Dempsey...

Comment

That's a very good point.

Comment

Of course John Dempsey is the perfect example of the receding combover...

Comment

What combover? I just see a hairy, hairy man.

Did he sign for Philadelphia on the basis that the shirt would draw the eye downwards away from the sensitive area?

Comment

Either that or he despised soft cheese and decided that was the perfect club for him.

Comment

My 1st copy arrived safely in Finland today. Can't help but feel that there's a counter piece to the Ebbsfleet article where said victim of thrown tickets is celebrating the new stand because it provided him some blessed relief from being pelted with balls of paper.

Comment

I hadn't realised that Steve Perryman made his Spurs debut at the age of twelve...

Comment

The last issue never made it to me so WSC had to send another. Still haven't received this one either, which is weird. Any other subscribers in the US received their copy/still waiting?

Comment

Just had January and September 2019 sent by request, but February did arrive on time. Clearly an issue or two with the distribution right now.

The new paper doesn't respond very well to being read while held above a steamy bath of Dresdner Essenz. Gets more wrinkled than my skin. Probably wasn't a point for discussion when the change was made, though.

Comment

The current issue made it to Canada about a week ago...

Comment

And you're in it...

Comment

Originally posted by danielmak View Post
                                              The last issue never made it to me so WSC had to send another. Still haven't received this one either, which is weird. Any other subscribers in the US received their copy/still waiting?
                                              I never got this issue, either.

Comment

Working...
                                              X