Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How easy was it to Tipp-Ex your club's crest onto your pencil case at school?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
    That Ian Branfoot's daughter's badge is really shit. Not just a bit bad or what, but really, really shit.
    Berkshire won’t let you down treibeis.

Comment

Talking of making our own fun, we would roll Copydex into little balls, pretend they were bogeys and flick them at each other.

And we we were another school with empty inkwells, but still had to use proper ink pens. 90% of boys used cartridges, but of course I was one of the mugs who carried around a bottle of Quink - blue/black in my case - with that added frisson of spillage risk while refilling. Lots of pink blotting paper required. Once Ball Pentels arrived on the shelves, some teachers relented and allowed them. Never ball point though.

Comment

I hated Quink blue/black - neither one thing nor the other. I was a blue ink boy; now I'm all grown up I powersign in black. And I still get it all over my fingers.

Comment

Draw a vertical line and then five adjoining horizontal lines, going to the right, from top to bottom. That was the ECFC logo, designed by me at school, adopted by nobody (influenced by the Leeds badge, I suppose).

But drawn by stabbing with a compass.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of effort.

Comment

The school (1970s) had a new computer with punch cards, it was cool to stab.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                Draw a vertical line and then five adjoining horizontal lines, going to the right, from top to bottom. That was the ECFC logo, designed by me at school, adopted by nobody (influenced by the Leeds badge, I suppose).

But drawn by stabbing with a compass.
                I can't be the only person who has just tried to draw that based on your description.

Comment

I suspect you might be, but thanks anyway. It works, dammit!

Comment

I used Liquid Paper for the mistakes and nail varnish for over the bits where I didn't make mistakes.

Comment

Oh, aye? What colour?

Comment

Nigh-on impossible when I started primary school:

But, to the fury of many supporters, before I moved to middle school, Ajax made it easier on me:

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                          Copydex, Gloy, absolutely. And Uhu in its yellow tube - that stuff smelt edible.

Yet our tight-assed primary school insisted that we made our own adhesive with flour and water. (Which, to some of the kids, was edible...)
                          Wasn't there always one kid who'd lick a Pritt Stick like it was a Push Pop?

Re: pens - I'm all about the Arteza these days. Maybe a PaperMate Flair at a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                            I hated Quink blue/black - neither one thing nor the other. I was a blue ink boy; now I'm all grown up I powersign in black. And I still get it all over my fingers.
                            The light-blue Quink was the one I wouldn't use. Far too wishy-washy.

Comment

Like Sits and TG, I was more about metal band logos but, as also mentioned by Sits, I was lucky with my adolescent Leeds supporting. Even my short-lived band-wagon-jumping of Toshack's Swansea didn't cause me too many troubles.

More to the point, Tipp-Ex? We aren't even allowed Tipp-Ex as teachers now. What sort of posh school did EIM go to?

Comment

We made our own rules.

Comment

We made our own rulers.

Comment

I spent a fair amount of time when I was younger wondering if I would write SWFC or Owls if I had supported Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                                    X