Liverpool have stranglehold on title. Sterling has stranglehold on Gomez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

Well, we don't need to go back as far as the 1970s to find the most high profile example of a player deliberately crippling another player while screaming abuse at him. Little Irish lad, he was. Forget his name.
    Too recent, also wrong club. That's also vengeance or a personal vendetta, rather than deliberate team instructions. This idea that shithousery is new is hilarious. the past was entirely made out of shithousery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

He's the instigator in that he grabs Sterling and forcefully shoves him away in response to nothing at all from his opponent. It's not the worst of incidents but peculiar that you refuse to accept that and make snotty comments about myopia and "if you say so" when people who have absolutely no interest in or partiality for the two teams involved point that out.
      Genuinely doesn't look like that to me. I've watched it 100 times and Sterling pushes Gomez while Gomez is fucking around with the ball then goes chest to chest with him at which point Gomez shoves him away. Sterling then goes for him again. What do you imagine it would have looked like if Gomez hasn't shoved him away? Pretty much the same as it did 3 seconds later, I'd wager.
      When I said, if you say so, I meant that it doesn't really matter what our perceptions of the incident were as my disagreement wasn't with the actions which were pointless and unnecessary and caused by Gomez playing silly buggers. I disagreed with it being described as bullying and cowardice.

Comment

Working...
      X