No announcement yet.

Your longest gap between visits to a ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine would be Wembley too (subject to rulings mentioned above).
    England vs Colombia May 1988
    Catalans Dragons vs Warrington Wolves August 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post

Same actually. My mum's cousin, who lived round the corner from the Hawthorns and I believe was actually in some way involved with the club, took me to see the Baggies play Charlton on Boxing Day 1990 when we were down there for Christmas, and I've never been back since. There are a few few others that I've not visited since the mid-90s, but West Brom would be the furthest back.
      I had to go and check dates to see that we weren't at the same game! My game at the Hawthorns was January 1990, also v Charlton (and coincidentally, also a 1-0 win).

Comment

Loftus Road - 19th March 1983 - 7th August 2004.

Comment

The pitch at Wembley is still aligned East-West same as it was. Might be right about it being dug down, now, though, as obviously the old running/speedway track has gone, but the ground overall seems to occupy broadly the same footprint. Not been to the new one yet, and the last time I went to the old one Kingstonians were playing.

Comment

The location of the Wembley pitch seems to have been moved significantly, though I'd argue that any ground which is demolished completely and then another one built is a new ground anyway, unlike Preston which I mentioned upthread which had each of its four sides demolished and rebuilt in turn between my two visits.

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoo...layers=170&b=1
            Last edited by Capybara; 12-11-2019, 13:13.

Comment

There must be a fair few grounds that have had all four sides rebuilt since my most recent visit. I still count them.

Comment

25 years between watching Ipswich v Swindon in April 1994 (we were having a family break in Southwold, I don't know why else we went), and seeing the Imps at Portman Road last weekend.

Comment

Gresty Road
                  May 1988 - August 2017

Comment

Working...
                  X