No announcement yet.

Minute-silence mascots - Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never knew that Laura Ashley was a real person and thought that Atkins fell on a sidewalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Boobs and FIRE! View Post
      The third Salamenco brother. Who apparently lives in Accrington.

that has to be getting worn for a bet.surely tae fuck

Comment

Got up early to start the day with Conwy Parkrun. Nice location along the weather but probably more enjoyable on a day when there isn't a bitter wind and sleet. Once my hands had feeling back in them, I headed up through snowy Snowdonia to Porthmadog. After some lunch I headed to football ground where the home side were hosting Gresford in the Welsh Cup. A decent ground with lots of cover and seating, reflecting the club's time in the Welsh Premier League.

Porthmadog scored after around five minutes, direct from a corner. They stayed on top for much of the first half, but after around 35 minutes Gresford got a penalty. This was saved, but the home keeper made a mistake to allow the visitors to equalise a couple of minutes later. Porthmadog retook the lead a couple of minutes into the second half and kept on top for the remainder of the game, converting a couple of further chances to eventually win 4-1.

I drove back via Llangollen, where there was a lot of snow on the ground. It wasn't a surprise to see the Cefn Druids game had been called off.

Comment

Bath City 3 Concord Rangers 1

Craig Bellamy was an interesting player to watch up close (as I did when he played for Cardiff) as he spent very little time on the ball in a match but what he did when he was on it was very good. Sometimes it is the same way with watching a match - you end up talking about Wilko Johnson and the armed forces and not spending a lot of time focussed on the match but it is still a good one.It's not just the fact that I turn up 10 minutes after kick off from the pub (thereby, this afternoon missing our first goal) but I just don't know what's going on with Bath City presently. We have, maybe, five players tops that we started the season with and all the rest are kids we have on loan that I don't who they are and I am not sure they all do. ToWe were one up at 6 minutes (which we just missed) and then Concord equalised with a terribly scrappy goal. We then went 2-1 up 5 minutes before the end of the first half with a goal that had an excellent build up (with just one scuffed pass) that ended with a great strike from I-don't-know-whathisname. After half-time, it was the usual case that we looked like we could have gone to 2-2 or even lost 3-2 but Tom Smith, who has been with us for a couple of years on loan on and off but seems like Maldini presently, scored with a fantastic jinking* run. We then looked fine but, again, I am not sure I know what they game pan is and I am in the fairly rarified position of having semi-regular meetings with the manager and chairman.

*another verb, like 'to rue', that you never see outside of football

Comment

I wasn't there myself but apparently Henning Wehn rocked up at Annan v Cowdenbeath, ahead of his appearance at Carlisle's Sands Centre tonight.

Comment

Laura Ashley was the most famous person to die from falling down icy stairs until the bloke who invented the Atkins diet did it.
              Sandy Denny.

Comment

Cheltenham 1-1 Swindon

Even first half was followed by Swindon absolutely battering Cheltenham for the whole of the second. They eventually get their deserved goal in the 91st min, only for Cheltenham to equalise straight from kick-off.

Swindon will never win at Whaddon Road. However, in 9 days time they will beat Cheltenham at the County Ground.

Comment

QPR 2 Middlesbrough 2

The Pigbag derby. What a pleasant surprise. Boro had the ball in the net after two minutes but the linesman spotted something and it was disallowed. Naturally, one's thoughts were that this would be as close as they would get all afternoon. But they dominated the first half and got the lead they deserved through Assombalonga. Then QPR went up the other end and equalised almost straight away in only their first or second real attack of the afternoon. Almost on half-time the Boro defence left a QPR player unmarked at a corner. Darren Randolph had the header covered only for Howson to put it into his own net. QPR pressed more in the second half but Middlesbrough came back. A poor backpass from a QPR player was intercepted by Assombalonga who neatly chipped the 'keeper for the equaliser. The last ten minutes saw Boro pressing for the winner though this almost led to a QPR goal on the break. A good point for Middlesbrough though they could have had more. And it was the first Boro game in ages I've actually enjoyed.
                  Last edited by Capybara; 10-11-2019, 12:57.

Comment

FA Trophy 2nd Qualifying round. Westfield 1-1 Hartley Wintney. Another Isthmian South Central ground ticked off, just over the road from Woking's ground.

Comment

Brighouse won 4-0 at Liverpool Feds in the FA Women's Cup this afternoon. The margin was a bit surprising considering Brighouse are only a couple of places above their hosts in the league. The difference ws largely down to efficiency in front of goal - Brighouse took their chances, whilst Feds won lots of corners but didn't create much in the box. Around 200 in attendance.

Comment

You know that sign with the manager's message, what do you want us to do now he's been sacked.

Keep it there, and we'll just slap on the current managers name in bold and a different font, at a jaunty angle.

There's a better one on the side of the Copthorne hotel adjacent to, and overlooking the main car park at BDBL explicitly thanking Kevin McCabe for all the great work he had done for SUFC

Comment

Working...
                        X