November Rain - Weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Rain - Weekend matchgoing

Wimbledon v Lincoln for me tomorrow, despite saying the other week I wasn't interested. No home matches for the Imps this month (except for the Leasing.Com), but fortunately three local matches for me. Can't imagine anything other than a 1-0 defeat again, and weather is supposed to be appalling.

No rain here. Levante-Barcelona tomorrow then dinner to celebrate my partner's birthday.

Comment

Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town

My first ever trip to both Plymouth and Home Park

Comment

Going to see Zilina play away in Zilina on Sunday. Trencin are sharing the ground this season and this is their 'home' fixture. It's a bit of kerfuffle for season-ticket holders, who have to buy tickets in one of the allocated away stands.

I'm also curious to see how dressing-rooms are allocated. Trencin have been using one opposite the main stand, which they'll probably carry on with, while Zilina use their normal home one, even though it's an away game.

And do sides playing away at their own ground adopt typical away tactics, or do they play as if it was a real home game? We musy wait till Sunday for the answers.

Comment

Brentford v Huddersfield

Meeting of the two form teams in the Championship. I'm hoping for another excellent Brentford performance but fear they will find it more difficult against the Cowleys' Huddersfield than against Swansea or QPR (both good teams but they do let the opposition play).

Comment

FAI Cup final, it's only Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers. Dundalk chasing 'the' treble and a possible quintuple, but shorn of their midfield talisman/enforcer who is suspended. Rovers, league runners-up, enjoyed their best season since winning it in 2011. By far the most successful team in the cup, but they haven't won it since 1987. Could be the biggest attendance for a domestic match in 50 years. Could be an all time classic. It'll be 0-0 and pens.

Comment

Nice v Reims on Sunday if all goes to plan.
              Rain is possible, but not as much as there would be if it was played tomorrow.

Comment

And the new ground is covered.

The Stade du Ray was a mess in the rain.

Comment

X-Roads Warriors vs Dandy Town Hornets tomorrow afternoon, the veritable kit colour 'feast' that is purple vs brown/yellow. No rain expected.

Comment

Parkgate v Ollerton Town, first match for over a month. Hope it's better than when I saw this pair back in March which was a strong candidate for worst game of last season.

Comment

Not this week.

(Off to Walsall on Friday tho'.

I may or may not take in the game)

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                        Parkgate v Ollerton Town, first match for over a month. Hope it's better than when I saw this pair back in March which was a strong candidate for worst game of last season.
                        Is that Rawmarsh?

Comment

Nah, Rawmarsh was Welfare. Bit the dust years ago.

Comment

Been to watch the under 18s of Burton and Mansfield this afternoon. This was on the Kelly Smith pitch at St George's Park, and was an entertaining game that Mansfield eventually won 3-2. This evening I'm going to Mansfield Hosiery Mills v Ashland Rovers in the Central Midlands League.

Tomorrow will be a multi sport day including rugby. I'll miss the World Cup final by doing Parkrun, probably at Bestwood Village, then go to watch Notts County and Chesterfield meet in the Youth Alliance. Rugby comes next as they are the visitors at Newark Flowserve in the FA Vase, before I finish the day with ice hockey between Nottingham and Manchester.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                              Sorry.

I meant are they in Rawmarsh?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Rawmarsh Welfare was about half a mile from Parkgate's current location.

They had a vandal proof stand that was always vandalised.

Comment

Originally posted by jameswba View Post
                                    Going to see Zilina play away in Zilina on Sunday. Trencin are sharing the ground this season and this is their 'home' fixture. It's a bit of kerfuffle for season-ticket holders, who have to buy tickets in one of the allocated away stands.

I'm also curious to see how dressing-rooms are allocated. Trencin have been using one opposite the main stand, which they'll probably carry on with, while Zilina use their normal home one, even though it's an away game.

And do sides playing away at their own ground adopt typical away tactics, or do they play as if it was a real home game? We musy wait till Sunday for the answers.
                                    Are Trencin still rebuilding their ground? It's being going on for longer than it took Spurs to rebuild White Hart Lane?

Comment

It's the big Gloucestershire derby at Whaddon Road this weekend as the mighty Cheltenham Town take on Ecotricity's advertising department.

Annoyingly, Cheltenham's record against Forest Green is appalling so the best we can hope for is a draw.

Comment

Barnsley 2-2 Bristol City

A typical Barnsley match for this season. We tried hard, never gave up and had plenty of chances. Defensively we looked shaky and were second best technically.

The only difference tonight was that we got a late equaliser. We still haven't won since the first game of the season though.

Comment

Mansfield Hosiery Mills 1-0 Ashland Rovers

A lot of running about in the rain but not a great deal of skill. The home side scored the only goal around the hour mark, tapped in after the Ashland keeper spilled a free kick. By this point Hosiery Mills had had a man sent off, with the visitors losing a player to the sin bin late on.

Comment

A longtime lurker was/is a Welfare fan. Maybe this will draw him out...

Comment

Newport v Salford in League 2.

I won't mind one bit if it's rained off as I don't fancy the drive in these conditions.

Comment

Weather permitting, I’ll be at the FA Vase tie between MK Robins and Eynesbury Rovers. It’s an all-Spartan South Midlands League game, MK Robins (ex-Buckingham Town) being in Division 1 and Eynesbury, recently discussed on these pages, being in the Premier Division. Lunch beforehand at Gino’s Italian cafe on Fenny Stratford high street, I think.

Comment

A longtime lurker was/is a Welfare fan. Maybe this will draw him out...
                                                  Probably just to mention Gordon Banks, it's all they ever talked about.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X