X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keogh Sacked by Derby

Derby sack Richard Keogh a month after being injured in car crash

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y_to_clipboard

Surely all three should be sacked. He seems to be the scapegoat here.

I have little sympathy for Keogh but it was Lawrence and Bennett who were convicted and who ran away leaving Keogh for dead at the scene of the accident.

Derby have handled this very poorly. The rapid rehabilitation of Lawrence and Bennett and now this. I am sure Keogh will be talking to his lawyers.

Comment

Easy to sack an injured player who is out of contract soon. Not so easy to fire the others, especially one who is a regular first teamer.

Comment

He is. And the PFA. Rightly.

Comment

All three of them were irresponsible idiots, but Derby coming out of this very bad, have they asked either of the other two to take a pay cut?

Comment

This statement from the club raises more questions than it answers.

https://twitter.com/bbcderbysport/st...600716800?s=21

Comment

Richard Keogh sacked for being a passenger in a car that was drunk driven by another guy from Derby County, who wasn't sacked.

Of course it is just a coincidence that Keogh is 34 years old and his career is over, whereas the other guy is much younger and fitter, with some transfer market value.

Who is Derby's lawyer here? Rudy Giuliani?

Comment

24 grand a fucking week? Richard Keogh?

The club statement says that they "will not tolerate any of its players or staff.... [doing this sort of thing]"

That use of "any" is going to be of interest to Keogh's lawyer, I would have thought.

Comment

This is the same Derby County that have signed Wayne Rooney to be a billboard for a gambling firm and performed some stadium leaseback scam to avoid FFP, yes?

Nice club.
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 31-10-2019, 10:22.

Comment

I've seen rumours (and I stress, rumours) on another forum about Keogh's dismissal being drugs related, rather than to the specific incident. Don't know if this is true, but it would give some credence to him being treated differently to the other two in this instance... probably a clearer breach of contract, if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by cantagalo View Post
                      This statement from the club raises more questions than it answers.

https://twitter.com/bbcderbysport/st...600716800?s=21
                      Particularly about the person who came up with it. Where did they find this person, being the first of them.

Comment

They really would have been better off just paying up his contract and releasing him, surely that'll be the outcome after they've been dragged to court anyway. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be sacked (that's debatable) but the other two 'assets' were clearly the greater offenders

Comment

Blimey, when did Derby become such a head case club? Remember Leicester sacking those three lads who filmed themselves in a Thai brothel, then they went on to win the Premier League. It's perhaps a botched scheme to repeat that whole process.

Comment

I shouldn't smile at this (none of us are really surprised) but the club doesn't seem to care how cuntish they look.

Would never have happened in the good old bad old days (my late Dad was a Derby fan). Clough or Dave Mackay would have personally dragged all three down to the Trent and thrown them in.

Obviously John Delaney is partly to blame as well. The FAI should be kicked out of Euro 2020 at the very least...

Comment

Why...

Comment

Involved in a drink driving incident? Check
                                Crocked? Check
                                Former player? Check
                                Wage expectations far too high? Check

It's a perfect storm for a Carlisle United desperation signing.

Comment

Working...
                                X