Latest WSC with Watford on the front.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest WSC with Watford on the front.

The Season In Brief reminds me to get my (or rather my mate's) entry in.

Given I only bought last month's last week, I'd missed this...

Comment

Re the Season in Brief, I will be the pedant who points out that the team who finished 20th in Division Two in 1953-54 were Swansea Town not Swansea City.

Comment

Re. TV Watch: how exactly do you pronounce Cirencester?

Comment

As someone who used to love just down the road from Cirencester, I’m wondering how you mispronounce it? I’m guessing with a hard “C”? Kirencester?

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
            Re. TV Watch: how exactly do you pronounce Cirencester?
            Siren-sest-er

The article about the Womens Super League was good especially the attendances. I'm planning on watching Spurs v Arsenal in November in the WPL as a way of ticking off Spurs new ground. I'm taking along my 72 year old dad who last went to Spurs in the 1960's and wants to see the new ground himself. WPL is a good way of ticking off premier league grounds without spending a fortune, plus the football is actually quite entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post
              As someone who used to love just down the road from Cirencester, I’m wondering how you mispronounce it? I’m guessing with a hard “C”? Kirencester?
              Freudian typo, should say “live” rather than “love”, although as it was where I lived with my ex it still works.

Comment

As a bigger pedant I'll point out the team ​​​​​who finished 20th...was Swansea Town...

Comment

Enjoyed the Poland piece, and the match of the month for its reminder of what a distinctive and wonderful place Valley Parade is.

The spats in the letters page about Man City are getting rather dull.

Comment

My mum and son are in the background of this picture from the Bradford City article

Comment

I'm only up to Shot (I always start with Letters first and then jump to the front and work my way to the end--ending with Season in Brief). But I really enjoyed the TV Watch column and the piece about national anthems. That's some good legwork in that anthems piece to uncover older mix-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                        Enjoyed the Poland piece, and the match of the month for its reminder of what a distinctive and wonderful place Valley Parade is.

The spats in the letters page about Man City are getting rather dull.
                        I'm up for jumping on the Zly bandwagon. There was mention of the smell of weed on the terraces - surely only a matter of time before there's a fan group called Zly and the Family Stoned. If not, I'm going to learn Polish and move there to form it.

Comment

Yes, Zly sound ace. I am also taken with York9 on the grounds that their name looks like a misprint.

Comment

The last week+ has been nuts so I'm only back to this issue now. I loved the bit in Match of the Month where the kids make their predictions for the game. It's clear which boys actually watch football and which are there because kids are needed to walk out with the players.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                              Yes, Zly sound ace. I am also taken with York9 on the grounds that their name looks like a misprint.
                              They always play two men short. They're that good.

Comment

Working...
                              X