Your kids in the opposition replica kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
    This might best explain my situation. My brother isn't really into football but did go to some Town games with his friends back in the day. My paternal great-granddad died before I was born but was a huge United fan. In fact he died in his bed the night after a game. Whether that in itself was enough to put Grandad off football I don't know but I suppose it could've been.

Anyway I'm basically now assimilated into Ipswich. Norwich has become more of a passing interest.

Amber and black = Cambridge
    Yellow and green = Norwich
    Blue = Ipswich
    White = not affiliated
    Love the family tree post Kevin, thanks. As I mentioned up thread I'm part of a mixed marriage, so I can certainly understand how you'd have an affiliation with both Norwich and Ipswich.

Comment

Following Kevin's excellent lead we really should have a football family tree thread, but I'm afraid that it's probably beyond my graphical abilities, (and would just have a Manchester United-supporting mum and West Ham-supporting paternal grandfather anyway).

Comment

My family tree includes a great uncle who played for Wrexham and Wales. Don't know who he supported though.

Comment

Talk of football family trees reminds me of clearing out my nan's place of books after she, well, couldn't live at home no more, and discovering at least the strong probability that my mum had a crush on Trevor Hockey when she was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post

Love the family tree post Kevin, thanks. As I mentioned up thread I'm part of a mixed marriage, so I can certainly understand how you'd have an affiliation with both Norwich and Ipswich.
            Cheers sean - some of my MS Paint skillz there to rival Jim'll Paint It. Nana Lil lived to 94 and I got to see her a fair bit in the 14 years we shared this earth. She spent a long time as a widow. Obviously if Gt Grandad hadn't died a long time before I was born then I wouldn't have been born because, you know, determinism and that but I wonder if there was a parallel universe where octogenerian him and a young me went to the Abbey together (in fact it occurs to me that for most of the time he would have supported them they were called Abbey United),

NS, mine gets more complicated if I add mum's football family tree:

This kind of shows where the Norwich comes from - we used to go to matches with mum's twin sister's family. It's not that mum doesn't support either Norwich or Ipswich - as you can probably guess, she tries to be completely impartial!

Nan and Grandad on her side are Forest (not entirely sure why, something to do with Brian Clough and Stuart Pearce) and Spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
              the Hooped Minions of Beelzebub
              That's my new fantasy football team name sorted. Thanks!

Comment

With 10 aunts and uncles on one side, and 6 on the other, most of whom following a team of some sort and with kids supporting others, mine could be quite colourful.

In fact, I'm going to do it tonight.

Comment

Mines's easy: mother's father Huddersfield Town. mother's mother Leeds City/United. me Rotherham United

Comment

Don't have kids and there's only one niece.

She's had a wee boy who everybody dotes on, polite and nice laddie, he's spoilt but doesn't take it for granted and it's generally more that he's around people who have loads of time for him.

He does however have a Hibs shirt. I'm generally fairly cold about Hearts these days but this seems to spark something primal, trying to encorage Musselburgh Athletic kit as the way forward.

Comment

I think I have told this story before but a mate of mine was from Highbury and his dad took him to buy an Arsenal shirt. I don't know whether he had temporarily taken against his dad and his team or whether it was a more long-term issue but, instead, he chose the attractive old gold of the Wolves shirt and was a long-term supporter from that day on.

Comment

Originally posted by RobM View Post
                        trying to encorage Musselburgh Athletic kit as the way forward.
                        Civil Service Strollers seem the obvious third way here

Comment

Quite a nice little kit they've got now that I've checked. Red with white trim collar, made by Legea.

Comment

If I were to do the family tree going back 4 generations, there'd be one Brighton uncle, and me. I'm not sure anybody else in my family even knows what a football looks like.

Comment

Working...
                            X