Suffolk Punch - weekend matchgoing 13/14/15 Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suffolk Punch - weekend matchgoing 13/14/15 Sept

Ipswich Town vs Doncaster Rovers and a meeting between two of League One's unbeaten sides.

This will be my first time watching Rovers under Darren Moore so looking forward to seeing them, and what should be James Coppinger's 500th league start for the club.

Ipswich have decided that third tier football is worth charging away fans £27 for, which is frankly scandalous. Had I not bought my train tickets in advance of the match ticket price being made known I'd have most definitely have binned it off.

Grange Albion v Trebanog in round two of the FA Wales trophy. We're hoping for a big crowd i.e. 50 plus but I suspect that will fall flat on its face.

It's not a match but on Sunday I start my FA Wales C Licence at Merthyr Town FC and I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Good luck with that, ingoldale.

I'm taking my boy to Wimbledon v Shrewsbury on Saturday afternoon and the fourth day of England v Australia at The Oval on Sunday. We'll need shorts and sunblock for both, I think.

Comment

Do any league clubs charge less than £20 as standard? Remember "going" to Boreham Wood v Guiseley in the conference a few years ago (mainly because it's a do-able bus ride from the wonderful Mitre pub in High Barnet), and my companion simply refusing to pay £18 to watch fifth tier football. So we hit the charity shops of Borehamwood high street instead, which were decent, to be fair.

Comment

Derry City v Dundalk in the League Cup final on Saturday evening (plus u10 and u12 total football Sat and Sun morning). This one's a sell-out as Dundalk look to clinch leg one of a potential treble (with the league title effectively in the bag and an FAI Cup semi-final to come.) In a world of limitless time I'd try and make it up by 2pm to catch Institute v Larne in the same ground but that's not gonna happen. Institute play in the (Nothern Ireland) Irish League and are sharing with Derry of the (Republic of Ireland) League of Ireland while their ground is being worked on. There can't be too many double headers going where two game are being played on the same day in the same grounds but in different jurisdictions.

Comment

Off to Greater Manchester for the Tour of Britain. I've currently done no planning beyond that simple statement so have no idea about logistics / where I'll see the race / if I can squeeze in some football / whether I can go to EIM's pub for a pint of dark mild.

Comment

I'll be at the Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy 1st Round tie between Mursley United and Hanslope.

Not sure about going to watch a women's game on Sunday, having had such a frustrating experience last weekend: I turn up for City Belles v Banbury United Ladies and the venue is deserted apart from three people who've travelled from Banbury. No info on Twitter or on the league's fixtures website. The Banbury people are ringing round and eventually they're told City Belles have called it off. So we head our separate ways.

Checking on the league website later on, it appears the game did actually take place. When and where, I've no idea. It certainly doesn't motivate me to watch City Belles matches.

Comment

Taking my youngest (7) for a round of footgolf on Saturday morning, followed by Crawley vs Mansfield in the afternoon for his first taste of football outside the top-flight (his 3 grounds so far being White Hart Lane, St Mary's and Le Parc des Princes)

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                  Do any league clubs charge less than £20 as standard? Remember "going" to Boreham Wood v Guiseley in the conference a few years ago (mainly because it's a do-able bus ride from the wonderful Mitre pub in High Barnet), and my companion simply refusing to pay £18 to watch fifth tier football. So we hit the charity shops of Borehamwood high street instead, which were decent, to be fair.
                  £17 to stand at Whaddon Road - seating is a whopping £22 though for 4th division football

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                    Boreham Wood has always seemed to be quite expensive, part of the reason why nobody watches them, much to the annoyance of their idiotic owner.

Comment

Bradford are charging an eye watering £25 for Division 4 football if you pay at the gate, though in fairness there's a good discount of £5 if you buy in advance.

No football for me this weekend, my sporting hunger will be sated by car rallying in the hills of Galloway.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                        Ipswich Town vs Doncaster Rovers and a meeting between two of League One's unbeaten sides.

This will be my first time watching Rovers under Darren Moore so looking forward to seeing them, and what should be James Coppinger's 500th league start for the club.

Ipswich have decided that third tier football is worth charging away fans £27 for, which is frankly scandalous. Had I not bought my train tickets in advance of the match ticket price being made known I'd have most definitely have binned it off.
                        Fucking hell, how much?!

Comment

Dawn of a new era at Sincil Bank as Jamie McCombe takes charge against Bristol Rovers. Don't think i've ever seen us play the Gas at home. They haven't won away all season, and haven't scored away, so you know what's going to happen.

Comment

£19 at Tranmere for home and away fans but you have to buy in advance.

Comment

Tonight it's the rugby league Super League relegation decider between The Mighty Wakefield Trinity and them there London Broncos on Sky. Win and we're safe but London go down. Lose and we're probably safe due to goal difference and Shuddersfield, Hull Kr or London go down depending on their results and goal difference. The game was scheduled for Sunday and I was planning on going. Then Sky switched it to Friday for TV purposes. This is when I'm meeting my new lady's parents and watching Downton buggering shitting Abbey with them in Putney.

Saturday it's Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle. I've tried to watch a game there twice before, but both got postponed, one a couple of years ago due to a very flimsy pitch call, which meant that some injured Port Vale players could get a week of recovery. After that I'll just have four grounds left to visit in the top five divisions - Wigan, Rotherham, the New White Hart Lane and Chorley...

As London won't bring many oop north the Trin have reduced ticket prices at the oldest but also the worst ground in rugby league land (and by that I mean I´m amazed it still gets a safety certificate, but at least you can stand and they've covered the urinals since the 1990's). For reference purposes: adult seated will be a reduced £17 quid (with multiple posts blocking the view) and standing £15. Normally £21 to stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                Bradford are charging an eye watering £25 for Division 4 football if you pay at the gate, though in fairness there's a good discount of £5 if you buy in advance.
                                I thought Bradford's thing was to charge low prices to keep crowds fairly big during grim times. Guess that's gone for a burton, though they still seem to get a decent turnout.

Comment

The season tickets are £149 which keeps attendences high. £25 is too much.
                                  Me and my then 12 year old son bobbed down to Halifax last season only to be charged £30 for both of us. There can't have been much more than 1000 there.

Comment

I should be going to Rotherham to celebrate my fiftieth year of watching them, but I'm not in the mood. I'm not sure if I'll even bother to go down to Vale Farm to watch Wembley in the Vase. I'll probably stay in and watch Midsomer Murders all afternoon and then go and get pissed...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                      I'm taking my boy to ... the fourth day of England v Australia at The Oval on Sunday.
                                      I'd start looking for alternative plans...

Comment

I think Ray will enjoy that day. Australia to declare on 600 tomorrow and bowl England out on Sunday.

Comment

Oh I see. We've taken some wickets.

Comment

Smith's good, but he's not quite good enough to add another 400+ runs with three taili-enders...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                              I think Ray will enjoy that day. Australia to declare on 600 tomorrow and bowl England out on Sunday.
                                              At one point I feared we'd be watching England win the series on Sunday (though The Boy would have enjoyed that), at least now it will just be them levelling it and I might see Australia lift "the urn".

Comment

Kendal Town v Pickering Town tomorrow.

I have very little appetite for this fixture. I live in Kendal and I go to their home games but I'm not a fan. It's not as if they are remotely entertaining - performances last season and so far this campaign have been uniformally anysmal. I go because I like football and quite enjoy a half time pint so I can go to a game without using my car. It's unusual for me to attend games having no real vested interest. I set off at 2.50 and home at 5.00. I give neither the game or Kendal Town any consideration beyond those times and very little during. I only look at the league table because my beloved Droylsden FC are in the same division. Kendal are bottom and winless and will doubtless remain so tomorrow.

I really must love football.

Comment

Skem v one of the Wythenshawe clubs in the Vase tonight. Another Vase game tomorrow, in the shape of Clifton All Whites v Holbeach United, to be followed by the final speedway meeting at Stoke. On Sunday Everton Women have their first home fixture, which will be one of the few played at Southport before they move to the Liverpool FA ground later in the season.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X