Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it an urn? Is it a plate? No, it's SUPERCUP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lousy situation to put Tammy Abraham in, but that penalty...WOOF

Comment

I have just rendered my voice ruined. Unrelated: my neighbours hate me.

Comment

It looks likey they don't use VAR if an entire team and bench are celebrating a victory. Adrian has two feet off his line when Abraham strikes that penalty. Should have been taken again.

Comment

Liverpool slightly lucky with two of those penalties, but you make your own luck, blah blah blah.

I cleaned my teeth instead of watching the first three. Even as a neutral I hate penalty shootouts, but can't help watching the final few...

Comment

Originally posted by multipleman78 View Post
            It looks likey they don't use VAR if an entire team and bench are celebrating a victory. Adrian has two feet off his line when Abraham strikes that penalty. Should have been taken again.
            That was my initial thought as well...

Comment

Originally posted by multipleman78 View Post
              Can we review that penalty then?

EDIT: The one in extra time that, on second viewing, wasn't.
              Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 14-08-2019, 22:02.

Comment

It was reviewed, still given.

Comment

Except it wasn't. Otherwise, great argument.

Comment

Jurgen makes a Rocky reference,

I don't care. I unreservedly love him.

Comment

Still wrong though. Odd that UEFA don't have all the angles. The behind the goal angle it was blatantly obvious it was a dive. No criticism of the ref though. She had a brilliant game and from her view it looked like a pen.
                      That's what VAR is supposed to fix, but didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                        Jurgen makes a Rocky reference,

I don't care. I unreservedly love him.
                        Hands off, he's mine.

Comment

I'll fucking fight you.

Comment

And you will lose. He's German. He's bound to be into bears.

Comment

I thought the referee put her hand to her ear to signal that VAR was checking it. The replays i saw were inconclusive and the Liverpool keeper seemed unsure in his post match interview. If VAR official felt the same then they can't overturn the original decision unless it's a clear error.

I though the clearest penalty was the one by Christensen early on. His hands away from his body and were not in that silhouette position they talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                And you will lose. He's German. He's bound to be into bears.
                                Look. We're on the same side.

Wanna go steady?

Comment

VAR did check, but they didn't have all the angles, for some reason. Including the behind the goal camera. According to BT sport they only had the reverse angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

Look. We're on the same side.

Wanna go steady?
                                    Polyamoury is fine with me.

Comment

Well that's cool, but I refuse to come to Bromley.

Comment

I am looking forward to the first post penalties pile on that is interrupted by the referee saying it's a re-take. It should have been tonight but it will happen one day.

Comment

Adrian was almost as far off his line as Jerzy was when he saved Shevchenko's in 2005. Still, VAR eh?

Not that I'm going to mention it again for a while (because Liverpool were, frankly, shite tonight - have they forgotten the bit about keeping possession in midfield for more than a pass or two?) but this does now mean Liverpool have lifted 46 major trophies to Manchester United's 45.

Back on the perch...

Comment

Liverpool were pretty dreadful in the CL final itself - but they ‘do’ know how to grind out a victory.

Comment

And Liverpool still need to arrange a date for that 1981 Super Cup final v Dinamo Tbilisi, so claim a moral 47.

Comment

Bob Paisley apparently said "Oh no, we're not going there again" (Tblisi had knocked Liverpool out in 1979) and that was that.

Comment

In at least two games (and I suspect many more) in Australia the VAR feed was rooted including, spectacularly, a Grand Final.

Comment

Originally posted by Cesar Rodriguez
                                                    Blinding game.

Really impressed with how Lamps has got the team playing some good stuff.

Good to see them put the ball in the back of the net 4 times since Im a little worried about where the goals are coming from this season.
                                                    Six times, surely?

But you're a little optimistic if you're relying on penalty shoot-outs...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X