No announcement yet.

Most people in favour of No Deal - The FA Cup 2019-20 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A suitably predictable line-up for games without fans. All of them have been to Wembley and won cup finals loads of times so no one will be bothered they can't go to the games

Can the rest of the season end as swiftly as possible please?

Comment

Bollocks.

Comment

It'll be Man. City beating Chelsea in the final yet again, in an anytime but 3pm kick off. Dull dull dull. In fact why even bother playing it on a Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
          A suitably predictable line-up for games without fans. All of them have been to Wembley and won cup finals loads of times so no one will be bothered they can't go to the games

Can the rest of the season end as swiftly as possible please?
          I always find these kind of posts curious. Your season can end as quickly as you want it to. Just don't watch any more games if you are so offended by it. Seems a simple enough solution to all your apparent woes.

Comment

Generally true, though E10 is in a rather different place professionally than the average supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              E10 is in a rather different place professionally than the average supporter.
              I'm slightly puzzled by this comment, ursus. What is an average supporter?

Comment

One who doesn't work in the sport (in E10's case as a journalist).

Comment

Ah okay

Comment

The whole E10 post screams “tin foil hat wearing conspiracist lower league fan” all over. I wouldn’t associate that post with someone who works within football.

City v Chelsea have met once in a Final, the 2019 League Cup Final, and once more at the new Wembley, in a Community Shield game. I would rather see City v United or Arsenal v Chelsea in the final mind.

Comment

OK

Who's doing him?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbo McGinnis View Post
                        City v Chelsea have met once in a Final, the 2019 League Cup Final, and once more at the new Wembley, in a Community Shield game.

Also the 2013 FACSF, but your general point stands that big games between the two sides in cup competitions aren't that common.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          This must be reminding Pep of the early rounds of the Copa del Rey against a fourth tier side.
                          To be honest, that's about 80% of his games in the Premier League too.

Comment

Man U v Chelsea is a 50-50 game. Not so Arsenal v Man City (or Arsenal v either of the other two).

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                              Last time I looked, Leicester had quite some points advantage over Chelsea in the league.
                              Don't get your point?

Comment

That Chelsea were by no means big certs. But the difference is only a point so ignore me anyway!

Comment

See my post re Leicester's 1% chance of winning that QF. We've been shit for a while and particularly so against other top teams. Also, I'm a fan of a top 4 club who only watches games on TV (well, streams) and I completely endorse E10's comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                    That Chelsea were by no means big certs. But the difference is only a point so ignore me anyway!
                                    Oh, I see. I was thinking in terms of the 'usual suspects', among which - despite some recent successes - I'd not really include Leicester.

In terms of the FA Cup, the four clubs in this year's semis have won 80% of the last thirty tournaments.

Comment

There was one ex-pro on the wireless this morning trotting out the 'this is what people like to see' line.

Comment

Shame nobody will, then.

Comment

Man city played Chelsea in the Full Members Cup final at Wembley in 1986 as well

Comment

Cup fever grips OTF - found this thread on page 3 of Football.

Arsenal win through to the final comfortably, with just 28% possession. Arteta seems to have been learning from classic Mourinho rather than Pep. The team that has the ball will make the next mistake.

David Luiz was superb, as he nearly always is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbo McGinnis View Post
                                              The whole E10 post screams “tin foil hat wearing conspiracist lower league fan” all over. I wouldn’t associate that post with someone who works within football.

City v Chelsea have met once in a Final, the 2019 League Cup Final, and once more at the new Wembley, in a Community Shield game. I would rather see City v United or Arsenal v Chelsea in the final mind.
                                              For all the shrinking of club ambtions in recent years the FA cup has still managed to avoid throwing up repetition of final teams. Arsenal playing Man Utd or Chelsea isnt that usual is it ? Newcastle have played Arsenal in 3 separate finals 1931-1998. Happy to be corrected but has there been more games than that

Comment

This season's cup final will be the third between Arsenal and whoever wins tomorrow - they have previously met both Chelsea (2002, 2017) and Manchester United (1979, 2005) in two finals each. In addition to the three Newcastle finals (1932, 1952, 1998), Arsenal have also met Liverpool in three finals (1950, 1971, 2001).

Comment

All sounds about right. Whoever Arsenal play in the final it will be their third meeting in the final and unlike the against Newcastle Arsenal have won both finals against Chelsea and Manchester United. I am childishly cock a hoop. Football is great.

Comment

Yet another FA Cup final that I can't watch. This really is starting to piss me off.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X