No announcement yet.

Most people in favour of No Deal - The FA Cup 2019-20 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamlet pitch two players signed today (one on a month's loan, the other an out of contract signing) straight in to the starting line up. It seems strange but I think their form is pretty appalling so it may be warranted.

Comment

This match is on ESPN+ in the US, so it is getting trans-Atlantic exposure as well

Comment

Hamlet by far the better side since Carlisle scored and they'll be annoyed that the goal came from a breakaway after their corner, lovely pass to set up the counter-attack though.

Comment

Couldn't travel down tonight but it must be the first time I've watched a pre match clip of fans travelling to a game and recognised virtually every one of them.

Playing surprisingly well so far, though the presence of Webster in our back three suggests that Dulwich will surely score at some point.

Comment

With our current team it's not often I'll say this, but their defence is actually worse than ours. Poor game though, not a great advert for the cup.

Comment

And that's the way we've defended set pieces all season.

Comment

What are they using to get the spidercam-style footage here, a drone?

Comment

I think I saw a spidercam on wires earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                    Couldn't travel down tonight but it must be the first time I've watched a pre match clip of fans travelling to a game and recognised virtually every one of them.
                    That was a bit weird, I was naming them before the captions came up.

Comment

Macclesfield players have apparently gone on strike today

Comment

Is GO at Maidenhead?

The Millers, who are rather inexplicably wearing all blue, have just gone 2-1 up after trailing for most of the match.

Comment

Bizarre goings on at Accrington - Crewe. The ref got injured midway through the first half and had to go off to be replaced by the fourth official, then at half time another of the officials reported injured. They put a call out to see if there were any qualified refs in the ground, there weren't, so they eventually restarted with one assistant ref and a coin was tossed to decide which side they stood on. Apparently this is all in the FA rules, weirdly. Anyway Crewe are two up and they still haven't got finished.

Comment

The second round proper draw's going to be a bit busy. There were about a dozen draws today?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              Is GO at Maidenhead?
                              Sadly my inability to stand up for any periods of time stopped me seeing our first FA Cup win for six years...

Comment

One of the many things I enjoy about this stage of the competition is seeing where our former players have got to. So far this weekend I've come across Mike Jones, Caolan Lavery and now Vadaine Oliver scoring for Northampton.

Why are Leyton Orient wearing white today BTW?

Comment

Good to see Gateshead showing RESPECT by having military types as ball boys.

Comment

Macclesfield's first team have gone on strike and Kingstonians are hammering them 4-0. The atmosphere there must be interesting.

Comment

Less than a thousand in with many Macc supporters protesting outside, Ks fans made up a quarter of the crowd despite the horrible journey and kick off time.

Felt very sorry for the home team who were mostly youth players.

Comment

Maldon & Tiptree get the result of the round winning away at Orient who were clearly being punished by the kit gods.

These Sunday 12:45pm kick-off times for the BBC's desultory Final Score programme really are shit, they must massively suppress attendance figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                          Macclesfield's first team have gone on strike and Kingstonians are hammering them 4-0. The atmosphere there must be interesting.
                                          I wonder if they'll still be on strike on Wednesday when they play Shrewsbury in the B Teams Trophy?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

I wonder if they'll still be on strike on Wednesday when they play Shrewsbury in the B Teams Trophy?
                                            I hope so. We might score more than 1 goal.

Comment

Fewer than 750 home fans attended the Macclesfield game.

Comment

Only 6 home wins in the whole of the First Round (I know there's still a couple of games left). Got to be a record?

Comment

Has to be. 6 home wins out of 38 ties so far?

Second round proper draw on tonight at 7 on BBC2, haven't seen where they're sending Mark "Chappers" Chapman to do it. As I said earlier, I have great hopes for it to descend into chaos, with all the 'so and so or so and so and so or so's' in the hat.

Comment

They're off to Chichester City for the draw apparently...

Here's who is in the hat. 16 of the 39 first round ties still to be decided (although two of those are still to be played, rather than being replayed)

AFC Fylde

Altrincham

Blackpool

Boston United

Carlisle United

Chichester City

Coventry City

Crawley Town

Crewe Alexandra

Dover Athletic

Fleetwood Town

Forest Green Rovers

Kingstonian

Maidstone United

Maldon & Tiptree

Mansfield Town

Northampton Town

Notts County

Oldham Athletic

Oxford United

Plymouth Argyle

Port Vale

Rotherham United

Solihull Moors

AFC Wimbledon or Doncaster Rovers

Bristol Rovers or Bromley

Cambridge United or Exeter City

Cheltenham Town or Swindon Town

Grimsby Town or Newport County

Harrogate Town or Portsmouth

Ipswich Town or Lincoln City

Salford City or Burton Albion

Shrewsbury Town or Bradford City

Stevenage or Peterborough United

Stourbridge or Eastleigh

Sunderland or Gillingham

Tranmere Rovers or Wycombe Wanderers

Walsall or Darlington

Wrexham or Rochdale

Yeovil Town or Hartlepool United

Comment

Working...
                                                    X