Most people in favour of No Deal - The FA Cup 2019-20 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    One would hope so, given its previous success.
    Success in what way?

More games moved to an inconvenient time without the benefits of actually being covered on TV always seemed like a negative to me.

Comment

Less interest this time round in drawing Ipswich away naturally, given that now we are in the same league. If the admission price is reduced to £15 I will certainly be interested in going. Not been to Portman Road since seeing Ipswich v Swindon in 1994. It finished 1-1, and was largely forgettable. We were on a family break in Southwold at the time. I knew Ian Marshall was playing and Fjortoft scored for County.

Comment

Lots of yeovil fans apparently boycotting the replay against Haringey because ... idk Catherine West mentioned them in parliament or something. Or maybe because they're all back to school that week, idk. Either way doing wonders for the reputation of their club.

Comment

BBC and BT announce live matches.

Including Carlisle away at Dulwich Hamlet on Friday evening and Pompey away at Harrogate on Monday evening.

Comment

Previous page, Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              Previous page, Guy.
              That is in the past.

It does not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                FA Cup first round TV games

Friday, November 8

Dulwich Hamlet v Carlisle United - 7.55pm BBC2

Sunday, November 10

Dover Athletic v Southend United - 12pm BT Sport

Hayes & Yeading v Oxford United - 2.15pm BT Sport

Monday, November, 11

Harrogate Town v Portsmouth - 7.45pm BT Sport
                That takes the piss, the way the two all south-east games are on sunday, but the north-south ones are on friday and monday evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post
                  Lots of yeovil fans apparently boycotting the replay against Haringey because ... idk Catherine West mentioned them in parliament or something. Or maybe because they're all back to school that week, idk. Either way doing wonders for the reputation of their club.
                  Some of the comments coming out of their mouths on social media. Fucking hell. Screw 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                    BBC and BT announce live matches.
                    Including Carlisle away at Dulwich Hamlet on Friday evening and Pompey away at Harrogate on Monday evening.
                    The initial reaction to this among our fans was one of horror, given how shit we currently are and the scope for humiliation on proper telly.

Then we realised it's a £75k payday win lose or draw, and that would be enough to pay off our manager.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post

Some of the comments coming out of their mouths on social media. Fucking hell. Screw 'em.
                      I do sort of get why there's a certain degree of frustration from yeovil fans that cos of the circumstances - the abandoned game, the Bulgaria game earlier in the week - they're being held up as the embodiment of all that's wrong in football. And the level of hypocrisy in the media in, for example, asking for Yeovil to be kicked out of the cup, while not consistently applying those standards to bigger, more high-profile clubs (should Liverpool be ejected from the Champions League, for example, should Manchester United be deducted points in the Premier League).

But to turn that around and say Haringey are fabricating stuff or milking it is flat out disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle View Post

I do sort of get why there's a certain degree of frustration from yeovil fans that cos of the circumstances - the abandoned game, the Bulgaria game earlier in the week - they're being held up as the embodiment of all that's wrong in football. And the level of hypocrisy in the media in, for example, asking for Yeovil to be kicked out of the cup, while not consistently applying those standards to bigger, more high-profile clubs (should Liverpool be ejected from the Champions League, for example, should Manchester United be deducted points in the Premier League).

But to turn that around and say Haringey are fabricating stuff or milking it is flat out disgusting.
                        Am still at a loss as to what Tommy and the Chairman have said that upset them so. Loizou said there should be a lifetime ban on those found guilty, but all I heard post-match was him speaking sense, saying that it was one or two individuals and I thought both he and Sarll came across well.

Comment

Good to see Ipswich are only charging £10 for entry. Will now be going.

Comment

might go Wrexham v Rochdale cos i love a third division north clash

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                              Are the Beeb doing their live coverage of a number of matches on the Sunday thing?
                              Yes, eight matches moved to Sunday lunchtime kick-offs ;

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-10-2019, 21:52.

Comment

For people like me who live abroad, how exactly is this done? Is it like Sky's Saturday games with people watching screens, with maybe goal flashes inserted, or do they have eight commentators and rotate the game being shown every few minutes?

Comment

It's the former - but with reporters and cameras at grounds. So there'll be the anchor (usually Jason Mohammed), and two pundits (Martin Keown and Alex Scott most probably), and they'll constantly go around the grounds.

Comment

I thought they did show goals and incidents, so a bit more like the BT CL Goals Show.

Comment

Ta Harry. I see that we're still a Saturday match.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                        I thought they did show goals and incidents, so a bit more like the BT CL Goals Show.
                                        I meant to say that they show the goals and main incidents as well.

Comment

Weekend in Walsall already booked.

First live football this season beckons

Comment

Yeah, and when I reread Satchmo and your posts you were actually more accurate about the coverage than I originally thought anyway.

Comment

I see that the build-up to this season's FA Cup run is going to be on Football Focus tomorrow.

Comment

Have just taken out a one-week subscription to Sportsnet Now+ as that channel will be showing a selection of FA Cup matches over the weekend, including delayed broadcast of H&Y v. Oxford Utd on Sunday afternoon. So will have to stay away from phone and internet until 3pm here. Not that I'm expecting us to cause a shock, but an attempt to preserve as much tension and, ahem, big-match atmosphere as possible. The match itself is a sell-out but there were only 1500 tickets available as the SkyEx stadium is still far from finished and I assume that the safety advisors from the FA and the local council couldn't see any way to allow more people in. Still, the money from this FA Cup run should finally allow us to get the dressing rooms, boardroom and bar areas in the main (only) stand finished... or at least get running water in the building.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Lots of kids at my school seriously excited that their team, Carlisle United, are live on BBC. The kind of excitement that fans of a PL club have long forgotten.

Come on Foxes.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X