No announcement yet.

Most people in favour of No Deal - The FA Cup 2019-20 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapeau and good luck in the next round to Altrincham, who inflicted York's first competitive defeat since April, thus ending the only all-competitions unbeaten record in the top six levels in England this season. There's a great sense of disappointment at not being able to get through another round or two and maybe have one more big cup tie at Bootham Crescent, but hey ho, back to the league...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      Less than a thousand in with many Macc supporters protesting outside, Ks fans made up a quarter of the crowd despite the horrible journey and kick off time.

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      Fewer than 750 home fans attended the Macclesfield game.
      I appreciate Satchmo subtitling my post for the hard of thinking.

Comment

Fair point. I was lazy in not reading properly the prior post.

Comment

I didn't mind, I found it funny that it looked like I showed the workings and you gave the answer.

Comment

No worries.

Comment

Really not bothered if we beat Ipswich now, we'll get pummelled by Coventry. Ironically, I was buying train tickets for the league match against Cov which is on the 21st December. No way I can be arsed going to the cup match if we get through, especially as it'll likely be on a Sunday with Birmingham playing at home that weekend.

Comment

Similar feelings from Ipswich fans, particularly as our league visit to Coventry/Birmingham is the following week. Apathy at the 2nd Round draw has at least replaced the annoyance many felt towards Lambert for changing all ten outfield players at the weekend.

Comment

Kingstonian vs AFC Fylde

Non-league guaranteed at least one place in 3rd round

Comment

I've heard them called 'AFC Flyde' at least twice on the wireless here down south.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                      The initial reaction to this among our fans was one of horror, given how shit we currently are and the scope for humiliation on proper telly.

Then we realised it's a £75k payday win lose or draw, and that would be enough to pay off our manager.
                      Many a true word spoken in semi-jest.

Comment

Not sure these days who can access BBC Wales but if anyone fancies tuning into a ghostly experience with occasional clapping, Newport's replay v Grimsby is being broadcast live.

Wednesday 20th November (7.45pm kick-off)

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/new...sby-televised/

Comment

We're on telly too...

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                            Not sure these days who can access BBC Wales but if anyone fancies tuning into a ghostly experience with occasional clapping, Newport's replay v Grimsby is being broadcast live.

Wednesday 20th November (7.45pm kick-off)

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/new...sby-televised/
                            Have they announced any other televised First Round replays yet? I've only seen Second Round ties announced as been broadcast, such as the Rotherham one GO has mentioned.

Have the broadcasters just found no replay attractive enough for network broadcast?

Comment

Looking on here, there's a couple next week on BT.

Comment

Ah, thank you. Bromley v Bristol Rovers is going to be a rip-roaring alternative to the international qualifiers.

Comment

Those of you with access to BBC2 Wales might want to avoid it. Newport v Grimsby has been low quality so far.

Comment

Ipswich won an FA Cup tie last night. It is a very unfamiliar feeling.

Comment

Once again, Lincoln fail to put away numerous chances. Akinde missed a golden chance in first half, and Ipswich keeper made a good save to deny Anderson right before the sucker punch. Should have won the first game though. Getting increasingly worried by our lack of goals. On the plus side, January 4th will be spent at the Stadium of Light.

Comment

Darlo attendance 3,006 (105 away) + £33,750 TV money = Good earner for them.

Comment

No matches in Yorkshire for the second round!

Comment

Only one in London too, and that's in Tolworth so only just counts as London.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                              Only one in London too, and that's in Tolworth so only just counts as London.
                                              Kingstonian?

Oh yeah.

<Sorry>

Comment

Anyone who witnessed the horror of either of Newport's past two games (v Grimsby and Oldham) might be tempted to stick a quid on Maldon and Tiptree to cause an upset tomorrow night. Certainly I was (9/1).

Comment

Come on Newport. Don't fuck this up.

Comment

Maldon & Tiptree's ground looks wonderful on the telly

Comment

Working...
                                                    X