X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post

So. VAR steps in to give Aguero a retake of his saved penalty after Fabianski left his line before it was taken. Duly retaken, Fabianski off his line again, no retake because it was scored.

Unless I'm missing something fundamental here, this seems to be - and I'll use the technical term - fucking stupid.
    I don't think you're missing a thing.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    "This team which includes a plumber, an electrician, a builder, a teacher - there's an IT worker in there as well..." - all said as if these are the most exotic professions imaginable.

Punjab hit the post in stoppage time!

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    It is pretty quiet to be honest, but it's only a small crowd and what noise there is disappears with the wind. I'm currently stood behind the goal wearing a red jacket.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Anyway, 5-0 City. Who had 5 in the sweep?

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
    There are no words to describe how much I hate VAR.
    So. VAR steps in to give Aguero a retake of his saved penalty after Fabianski left his line before it was taken. Duly retaken, Fabianski off his line again, no retake because it was scored.

Unless I'm missing something fundamental here, this seems to be - and I'll use the technical term - fucking stupid.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul S View Post
    Bloody is mate, where are you standing?
    Sitting at home with my laptop and a cuppa. Looks like a good game to be at, though either the crowd is very quiet or the BBC have turned them right down.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Game management with subs, dead ball situations and so on is endemic nowadays. Do Sunday league teams do it?

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied
    There are no words to describe how much I hate VAR.

Leave a comment:

• Paul S
    replied
    Bloody is mate, where are you standing?

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    Bloody windy in Gravesend, and quite decent football considering. Heath just nearly got a second from a neat move, but the goalie saved at the striker's feet. They're still one up with about 7 minutes to go.
    Last edited by delicatemoth; 10-08-2019, 13:15.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Does Foden have some attachment to 47?

He should have a more serious squad number

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I like this idea, particularly given my geographic situation

3-0 City. They should be up by more on the run of play.

Leave a comment:

• Will having a VARiety of threads work? - televised football 10-12 Aug 2019

I started the Premier League thread last season and this, because not having a standalone thread meant there was nowhere to talk about it outside the weekend TV threads. But I believe that some people like weekend TV threads that throw all screened/streamed football in together, and I can see why. I didn't intend the PL thread to replace them, just provide somewhere for comment that didn't coincide with televised games. So maybe we could have both?

Manchester City are 2-0 up at West Ham in today's lunchtime PL fixture. Broadbridge Heath are 1-0 up at Punjab United (who are in Gravesend) in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round, on the BBC.
Working...
X