No announcement yet.

Will having a VARiety of threads work? - televised football 10-12 Aug 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A so-called handball. Wolves very hard done by imo.

Comment

Arse take the lead and Sky’s ‘neutral’ pundit can barely contain his excitement.

Comment

"It's so comfortable for the visitors"

No, no, no, no, no, no.

At 1-0 up, you can always be caught on the break.

Newcastle Utd. are fighting for every ball in midfield and it can go wrong.

Who is this idiot commentator?

Comment

Have got the wingco over at gt3 towers to watch the Newcastle v Arsenal game... he's just apologised for making me sit through that...

Comment

Final score Leicester 0 Wolves 0, and I have to say Leicester were lucky with the handball decision on Wolves' non-goal. Their manager reminds me of Pluto Shervington.

Comment

Compare and contrast.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

Properly dressed.

Frank Lampard.

Not.

Club blazer and tie.

No ifs.

No buts.

No argument.

I might be a paid up member of the ABUs.

But this is about the right and proper behaviour, and respect for the competition and your opponents.

Comment

This PL fifth/sixth play-off has started off with a blizzard of misplaced passes, missed tackles and terrible first touches. Mount looks the best player on the pitch by some margin so far.

Comment

But this is about the right and proper behaviour, and respect for the competition and your opponents.
                  What rot. If someone assumes disrespect because someone else isn't conforming to some anachronistic and childish dress code, they're undeserving of respect.

Comment

Anyway, Chelsea should be a couple of goals up here and are playing much better football. Unfortunately, they have a Kurt Zouma.

Comment

An old-fashioned indisputable penalty for Manchester United is whacked home by the likeable Rashford. Chelsea have started with Kanté on the bench for some reason.

Comment

The instant he signed for Man Utd, Harry Maguire acquired the face of a young Graham Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

What rot. If someone assumes disrespect because someone else isn't conforming to some anachronistic and childish dress code, they're undeserving of respect.
                          Then we will disagree.

It is my contention you are incorrect.

However, I respect your opinion.

Wrong though it is.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

And who's claiming disrespect.

I'm saying it's respect if you bother to turn up properly attired.

And it's respect for yourselves too.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                              The instant he signed for Man Utd, Harry Maguire acquired the face of a young Graham Taylor.
                              Well, I guess he’ll need stuff to fill up his new gaff.

Comment

The implication of:-

I'm saying it's respect if you bother to turn up properly attired.
                                Is that it's disrespect to turn up not "properly attired."

In fact I would go so far as to say that being so rude and arrogant as to presume you have the right to police other people's sartorial choices is far more disrespectful.
                                Last edited by hobbes; 11-08-2019, 16:12.

Comment

An old-fashioned indisputable penalty for Manchester United is whacked home by the likeable Rashford. Chelsea have started with Kanté on the bench for some reason.
                                  Not fully recovered from an injury, according to Martin Tyler.

Do Chelsea have an alternative to Zouma at centre back? As has already been alluded to, he has had a mare so far. I've always thought of him as a relatively solid defender before but he's got the yips today.

Comment

De Gea just took a goal kick long with two of his own defenders within a few yards of him and booted it straight to an opposition player and it looked rather odd.

Comment

Frank Lampard's Chelsea look like a team with some method, at least. Lucky Man. Utd seem totally shapeless. Mctommynommynay and Barklay will be playing for Preston in two years time. So might Rashford, but it seems like he's quite good at penalties. Of which I'm sure he will get many.

Comment

Those meerkat adverts are going to be on till the apocalypse, aren't they?

Comment

Those meerkat adverts are going to be on till the apocalypse, aren't they?
                                          They're works of art with comparison to the various "footy fan " ads that they inflict on us. There's not a single person on them that looks like a believable supporter.

Comment

Blimey. 3-0 up despite being entirely second best the whole game.

Comment

Oh dear, Chelsea...

Comment

Who knew that the manager that Frank Lampard was going to model himself on was Arsene Wenger? That was like watching Arsenal lose 4-0 to a lampard era chelsea, if chelsea had players who were fast rather than tall. By the way, why does anyone want to hear what jose mourinho has to say about anything? You'd think his trail of toxic failure would have reduced demand for him, but oh, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Not fully recovered from an injury, according to Martin Tyler.

Do Chelsea have an alternative to Zouma at centre back? As has already been alluded to, he has had a mare so far. I've always thought of him as a relatively solid defender before but he's got the yips today.
                                                  Antonio Rudiger. And César Azpilicueta has been know to cover as a centre back.

Comment

That was a hopelessly ambitious line-up for Lampard to play at Old Trafford but props for giving it a go, even if it did blow up in his face. We'll be better when Rudiger is back and especially so when they reckon that Kante can last 90 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X